Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Lesson learnt

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by melimel' post='762713
So long as you take the lesson from the incident and actually apply it from this day forth, then perhaps it's a good thing, but LUCK was definitely on your side that night. Evidently the only cost for that luck was responsibility! Be careful!
nothing enforces a decision better than getting ripped a new one from my fellow e60 members.

Thanks for caring guys...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='767417' date='Jan 14 2009, 01:40 AM
Wow.. did you hit the sign so hard that the fender looks high, like the wheelgap is huge! or maybe hitting something raised your car up higher than normal.

Did the chrome trim also come with the drinking?

Just dont drink and drive again. no good.
Roger that nigxdoof... love you car BTW. Once mine is back I will post pics on your thread for all them gray/silver e60s
Old 01-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='767554' date='Jan 14 2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks for sparing me the bashing...lesson learnt boss. Henceforth my trusted driver Francis is going to be driving me around at night while I go club hopping with the boys.

I wish you had told me you switched to Navnit... Infinity quoted me 50K estimate since they had to work on 3 panels. I am also getting the I pod interface so that's another 30K... expensive affair.
50k is steep just for repairs when there is no parts being replaced. I know it feels awkward doing this but BARGAIN ! Repair work is high profit for these guys and they do budge. I got my skirts repair down to 1/3rd of the price first qouted !
If the work hasn't started, let me know if you want the ref of the navnit chap.

Also before you get the ipod fitment, there is a lot of pre wiring etc already done do check on realOEM if they arent actually making you buy parts your car already has. Best way to check is your cars details is thru the VIN no.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sahil' post='767581' date='Jan 14 2009, 08:59 AM
50k is steep just for repairs when there is no parts being replaced. I know it feels awkward doing this but BARGAIN ! Repair work is high profit for these guys and they do budge. I got my skirts repair down to 1/3rd of the price first qouted !
If the work hasn't started, let me know if you want the ref of the navnit chap.

Also before you get the ipod fitment, there is a lot of pre wiring etc already done do check on realOEM if they arent actually making you buy parts your car already has. Best way to check is your cars details is thru the VIN no.
Dude they must have already started the work and I am out of the country so cant do nothing now but I will ask them for a discount nevertheless. The I pod interface is costing like 20K, rest is fitting and stuff. I checked on line and its about US$250 so by the time it gets to me it would probably cost the same.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Please be careful. DUI ain't cool.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

I'm not going to put how i exactly feel as i don't really want to be too rude! However, just a quick one, that sign you hit, could have been a person like it was for one of my best mates a few years ago. He was hit by a car because the driver was stupid enough to drive drunk. My friend now lives his life in a wheel chair and has to eat through a straw. I have no time for people who drink and drive.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i M-style Carbon Black with almost
Model Year: 2005

That was the most stupid thing I have heard since last full moon.
How useless being ape-pissed and drive and then cry about a dented fender and scraped rim.
Lycky no one got hurt.

Next time you pay big time
Old 01-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

This thread makes me sick to my stomach. That's all I'm going to say. You truly are an asshole.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='767632' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:06 AM
This thread makes me sick to my stomach. That's all I'm going to say. You truly are an asshole.
Wow... hostile!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='767645' date='Jan 14 2009, 03:14 PM
Wow... hostile!
Maybe you class that as hostility, HOWEVER, C is talking absolute truth. No one on here has anytime for idiots like yourself. Not quite sure why you posted this in the first place. You were always going to get a pasting, and to be honest with you i'm surprised so many people have been so "kind" to you!!

I do however agree with Calton completely. Don't suppose you read my last post, but it's people like you that cause people to die, or be seriously injured. Luckily, you haven't this time, but don't let there be a next time, as someone may not be so lucky.

Quick Reply: Lesson learnt