Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: Lakers vs. ?
Boston Celtics
84.21%
Detroit Pistons
15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Lakers in the Finals..........

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

So who do we want to see playing against the Lakers in the finals?? I suspect that the "traditional" Laker vs. Celtics would be the winner, but what do you all think??
Old 05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

It's gotta be the Celtics against the MIGHTY LA LAKERS!!!! That would be the mhighest rated NBA finals in a very long time!

Damn the Lakers look great don't they!?!?! This has been a really great payoff run for the NBA with so many good teams. I'm lovin every minute of it!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

You mean to tell me that the NBA finals are already here? I wasn't paying attention. Pro Basketball in this great city of Pittsburgh is about as popular as pro soccer, professional darts and bowling! It's all about football and hockey here...and Nascar (not for me, but for some). Enjoy, though!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='591418' date='May 30 2008, 12:35 AM
You mean to tell me that the NBA finals are already here? I wasn't paying attention. Pro Basketball in this great city of Pittsburgh is about as popular as pro soccer, professional darts and bowling! It's all about football and hockey here...and Nascar (not for me, but for some).
With all the good sports franchises here in LA (ie. Dodgers, Angels, Kings, and Ducks)..... This town IMHO is a basketball town. The Lakers are so much fun to watch again.... Reminds of the showtime era of the 80's...... except without those hideous "dove" style basketball shorts! (what were they thinking!)

btw......... we need a football team dammit!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Boston and lakers will be a good match up! Do you think Boston can win on the road? They got one win under there belt.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

it will be lakers vs. celtics
Old 05-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

I am a huge Celtic's fan... They however will get killed by the Laker's...

The team has too many big Ego's and Rondo looks like a deer in the headlights... Perkins is average at best and Cassell hasn't lost a step... He has lost 3 steps... Pierce, Allen and Garnett can't cover everyone...

I went to college with Lamar Odom and he is a good player... Semi retarded but a good player...

And Kobe is just Kobe... Sick!!!

I wish the best for my Celt's but I would be very surprised (if they even get there) that they will beat the Laker's in a best of 7
Old 05-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

Yes we in BABY....i didnt expect to see the lakers this soon in the finals!!!

I want the Celtics and the lakers

Reasons:
Celtics cant win on the road!
Celtics have played 2-back2back 7 game series...and a possible 3rd (more likely)
which means they are going to be tired as hell and lakers are going to dominate
Celtics have lost their rythim from the great season they had...they just ran out of gas...

Lakers FTW!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='591418' date='May 30 2008, 12:35 AM
You mean to tell me that the NBA finals are already here? I wasn't paying attention. Pro Basketball in this great city of Pittsburgh is about as popular as pro soccer, professional darts and bowling! It's all about football and hockey here...and Nascar (not for me, but for some). Enjoy, though!
Since we don't have a football team here in LA, and you don't have a basketball team there in Pittsburgh.....

We'll trade you our LA Clippers for your Pittsburgh Steelers
Old 05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i CPO

The Pistons are too banged up to beat boston now. If they had Hamilton and Billups totaly heathly, I thought the Pistons would beat the Celtics. However, I always hoped Boston would get to the finals for the Lakers. The Lakers have won the last two time they met in the finals so a third one will make quite happy. The Lakers still haven't put a whole game together, just imagine if they do. Lamar needs to get his act back together. Gasol needs to be more agressive with his offense. Vujacic needs to get more consistent. Radmanovic needs to hit his shots all game long. On the plus side, Fisher is staying out of foul trouble, Walton seems to be finding his game again, Farmar is playing much better and Ariza can start getting some minutes... oh, and there's Kobe. Any doubt about his MVP now? On the defensive side, I was surprised at how poorly Gasol was playing Duncan. I really thought that would be a favorable matchup. It makes me wonder about his ability to cover Garnett. I love how Vujacic plays D. They can always use that kind of energy. I wonder if they will put Kobe on Pierce or if they keep him at guard and plays Allen. Also, I am not sure how Lamar will play Perkins. I don't see him playing Garnett, but he might. I think if the Lakers play Garnett and Pierce well, the rest of the Celtics don't matter. This should be fun!

Quick Reply: Lakers in the Finals..........