Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

L.A. Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 12:27 AM
JWO
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from the LA Auto Show....I went straight to the BMW showroom....What a disappointment Maybe I was wrong for thinking that they would have the M5 or at least an e60 equipped with the M-Sport package, so I moved on to see if they had the new 3 series...NOT! It was exactly like being at my local BMW dealership, nothing special. I didn't even bother to use my camera. On the other hand, MB had the SLR ($450,000) and the whole lineup of their new models on display.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by JWO' date='Jan 16 2005, 01:27 AM
Just got back from the LA Auto Show....I went straight to the BMW showroom....What a disappointment ? Maybe I was wrong for thinking that they would have the M5 or at least an e60 equipped with the M-Sport package, so I moved on to see if they had the new 3 series...NOT!? It was exactly like being at my local BMW dealership, nothing special.? I didn't even bother to use my camera.? On the other hand, MB had the SLR ($450,000) and the whole lineup of their new models on display.
[snapback]79652[/snapback]
Yup... I was disapointed also... they should have had the M5, new 3 series, and facelifted 7 there...

Thats what i always say... whats the use of a autoshow if I cant see any of the new cars???

YA MB was good... had all the new cars there and ALL the AMGs!!! that was sweet!!!!

and their Lounge is better than BMWs

Mercedes Lounge:

L.A. Auto Show-mb01.jpg

L.A. Auto Show-mb02.jpg

BMWs Lounge:

L.A. Auto Show-bmw01.jpg

L.A. Auto Show-bmw02.jpg
Old 01-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Senior Members

i think mb knows their sales are going down. that's why they are trying to attract more potential customers. bmw knows their sales are going up. so they don't really care .
Old 01-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

I think the new m5 will be in the detroit auto show. I've read an article about it recently....
Old 01-16-2005, 02:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible SMG Silver/Black 2005 545i ED Jet Black/Beige

I agree. The most underwhelming auto show I can recall. I literally did not see one car that I had not seen before in a dealer's showroom, other than the m45 (which I did not like). As you said, Mercedes did a good job, and they were showing the new cls 4 door "coupe" (which I like), but I was fortunate to have seen this at Beverly Hills Mercedes a couple of weeks earlier.

In reality, it was worse than a showroom, because between cars being roped off, and fighting the crowds, you could barely see a car's interior, let alone sit in it.

Unfortunately, as always seems to be the case, the concurrent Detroit Auto Show gets all the good stuff (including the M5).
Old 01-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

I hope the NY autoishow will be better.
WTF they should have at least shown the 760HL (H2R or.. whatever, the hydrogen one).
Old 01-16-2005, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jan 16 2005, 05:23 AM
i think mb knows their sales are going down.? that's why they are trying to attract more potential customers.? bmw knows their sales are going up.? so they don't really care .
[snapback]79662[/snapback]
MB is certainly marketing their cars in a very aggressive way. I continue to regularly receive marketing collateral in the mail as well as invitations to drive some of their newest vehicles on closed courses.

This marketing stuff obviously costs $$, which has to be reflected somewhat in the sales pricing (if MB is to be profitable). Unfortunately, unless and until MB substantially improves the reliability of its vehicles, I won't buy one only to have it in the shop while I drive a loaner....
Old 01-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

LA Auto Show for the past few years never seemed to be that great... doesnt revial any of the new cars.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Contributors

My only comment: I have never seen a BMW cab! Enough said!
Old 01-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 16 2005, 06:42 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Jan 16 2005, 05:23 AM']i think mb knows their sales are going down.? that's why they are trying to attract more potential customers.? bmw knows their sales are going up.? so they don't really care .
[snapback]79662[/snapback]
MB is certainly marketing their cars in a very aggressive way. I continue to regularly receive marketing collateral in the mail as well as invitations to drive some of their newest vehicles on closed courses.

This marketing stuff obviously costs $$, which has to be reflected somewhat in the sales pricing (if MB is to be profitable). Unfortunately, unless and until MB substantially improves the reliability of its vehicles, I won't buy one only to have it in the shop while I drive a loaner....
[snapback]79740[/snapback]
[/quote]
the service that i've been receiving from mb is waaaaaay better than bmw. i'll be one of the first guys test drive their new cls500 when it comes to this island. i hope the car isn't as good as our e60 or i'll be in their showroom talking business.

Quick Reply: L.A. Auto Show