Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Kind of OT: Accura

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone please explain to me why Americans keep banging on about how good these are? On RF, it's Accura this, Accura that.

I mean, surely, if it was half decent, Honda would bring it into Europe. Same goes for Infinti (?) and other such barges.

Is there truly one decent car available in the US that is not imported into the UK/Europe?

Chrysler are bringing the 300C in and I would put my ******* house on it - it *will* flop.

This is turning into one of my occasional late evening rants isn't it. Time to stop.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

Sorry mate, but I love the infiniti range. IMO the G coupe beats the 350Z hands down. The G35 is gorgeous, well equipped and I reckon it may outsell the BMW 3 series if it landed in the UK (call me crazy, but I stand by that).

There is no SUV (X5 included) in Europe as stylish as the FX.

Sorry, but that's my personal opinion, and I'm a true London boy, proper boy racer (now a gent), and will not tolerate terrible automobile design and standards.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Contributors

AFAIK, they may be available in Europe as a Honda, but in the US it is Acura. Japan does not even have Acura, i.e. US. Acura NSX, equals others Honda NSX. I think that Lexus will start to in Japan, even though there cars have been available, just as Toyota's. I think the Infinity G35 coupe is known as Nissan Skyline coupe outside the US as another example.

When I was in Russia and Japan, saw quite of these cases where it was a Toyota Land Cruiser Prada, but in the US it is Lexus GX470. Imagine that might be the case for Europe.

My 2 cents.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Members

Rule #1: Never pay attention to RF.

I'm so glad to have found this site. That board is simply a cesspool of hatred, envy and trash talking. As for Acura / Honda, they build a more reliable car. BMW builds a more reliable car than a Ferrari. However, if you give me the choice of a BMW or Ferrari to drive on a race track I'll take the Ferrari. If you give me the choice of driving a Honda or a BMW everyday I'll take the BMW.

I once posted how I upgraded from a 10 year old $200 25" Tube TV to a $3500 42" plasma. In 10 years of owning the tube not once did it ever need to service. It is probably still working now. Within the first 90 days of ownership of the plasma it needed service. Was the tube TV more reliable? Yes. Would I go back to it after watching movies on my plasma? No. This is the point many people miss. BMWs are alot more fun to drive. If Honda and Lexus ever figuire out how to engineer a vehicle that handles like a BMW then Munich will have something to worry about, until then it's BMW all the way.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

I take it that you guys have never driven an Integra Type-R (Japan Spec) or a Civic Type-R (UK standard). I am lucky enough to have driven both and I can assure you that there is plenty of car there (and a hell of a lot of fun) for anyone who loves to drive.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

This thread belongs in the Lounge.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Oct 14 2004, 12:54 PM
Rule #1: Never pay attention to RF.

I'm so glad to have found this site.? That board is simply a cesspool of hatred, envy and trash talking.? As for Acura / Honda, they build a more reliable car.? BMW builds a more reliable car than a Ferrari.? However, if you give me the choice of a BMW or Ferrari to drive on a race track I'll take the Ferrari.? If you give me the choice of driving a Honda or a BMW everyday I'll take the BMW.

I once posted how I upgraded from a 10 year old $200 25" Tube TV to a $3500 42" plasma.? In 10 years of owning the tube not once did it ever need to service.? It is probably still working now.? Within the first 90 days of ownership of the plasma it needed service.? Was the tube TV more reliable?? Yes.? Would I go back to it after watching movies on my plasma?? No.? This is the point many people miss.? BMWs are alot more fun to drive.? If Honda and Lexus ever figuire out how to engineer a vehicle that handles like a BMW then Munich will have something to worry about, until then it's BMW all the way.
[snapback]44923[/snapback]
couldn't agree more .

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Oct 14 2004, 01:18 PM
This thread belongs in the Lounge.
[snapback]44931[/snapback]
i think lomag will move it soon .