Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

For the kids who survived the 50's, 60's and 70's

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 01:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by GB525dTour' date='Sep 15 2005, 08:08 AM
?

I survived !!!!!!!!!

Feel sad for the next generation though.

Yesterday I spent a few minutes talking to one of my 5yo sons friends at the school gate. He spent 4 weeks of the summer in a beach villa in grece. Fantastic i thought what a holiday !. When I asked him if he was in the sea every day, he replied. No - I played on my playstation. What ? All day ? says I. Yes, he replied full of glee, every day.

He's only 5, I could have cried
That is really sad - but a sign of modern times.
No wonder obesity rates a climbing - the world is full of couch (palystation) potatoes. The police, & armed forces have noticed a marked drop in fitness levels in those applying.

People also think it is a very unfriendly world out there, to some extent that may be true, but the fault lies with modern media & our own prejudices ........

I'll get off the soap box now .........
[snapback]170817[/snapback]
A worthy soapbox !
Old 09-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Amen!!

These discussions make visiting this board always interesting!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

While I'm not part of the generations that this post is for( men you guys had it good in your day, everything was so simplified back then), I feel this is something that mostly applies to the United States because there are a lot of places that have even more technology(ex. Japan) where the same issues & results aren't taking place due to technology. but since I'm not part of that society I might lack adequate factual information on this, hope someone outside of the United States can back my 1st paragraph up

I have to say I love GB525dTour's comment about society, I took a sociology class that dealt with the issue of whether society is naturally chaotic and generally if left to our own devises would we all destroy ourselves into oblivion. I'm an optimist so I doubt the latter would actually happen.

I think the problem with humans are that we are way too paranoid & pessimistic nowadays ( now don't get me wrong there are CRAZIE people out there) that we allow all the civil liberties to be taken away and thus give more power to the government instead of to the PEOPLE. but I guess what I'm trying to say is what Benjamin Franklin said way back when "Those who would sacrifice freedom for the illusion of security deserve neither".

Faith in the Human spirit I believe is falling @ an alarming rate ( I do love the fact that I still see that beautiful spirit amongst the recent disasters of the tsunami & Katrina) I mean no pun intended but where is the love? I see too much hate!