Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Just got back from my friend's viewing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

My friend and teammate Tyler died early sunday morning after being pressured into taking some kid's dad's oxy codon pills. He fell asleep and didn't wake up.

What sucks is that someone could've done something about it.. could've helped him away from the bad influences in his life. He was only 15.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Very sad!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Man Im so sorry to hear that.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Contributors

Losing young friends is a sad situation ... there is so much left undone.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

oh my god im so sorry! He must have ingested alot of pills to pass away like that in his sleep. Wow, im really sorry for his family..

Sadly this wont be heard all around for teens dealing with peer pressure..
Old 02-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

That's awful....I'm so sorry Michael..
Old 02-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Oxys= :thumbsdown:
Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

Thats terrible. A group of girls I was real good friends with started drinking like crazy. Every weekend they go out and get drunk. The motto "Whoever is the least drunk drives us home". I see a disaster soon. However there is nothing we can do. The girls parents are either oblivious to what they are doing or just idiots. 2 of the girls parents BOTH are teachers at our school. Smart parenting.....not.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by mbp727
My friend and teammate Tyler died early sunday morning after being pressured into taking some kid's dad's oxy codon pills. He fell asleep and didn't wake up.

What sucks is that someone could've done something about it.. could've helped him away from the bad influences in his life. He was only 15.
That's terrible, bro. Hang in there. At least he went in peace. Too young, too friggin' young

This isn't the same, but I've watched two of my good friends waste their lives on junk - one (my best childhood friend, actually) died two weeks before he turned 25. Second - whereabouts unknown But that was back in the day when junk was junk - now kids have so many options, that parents can hardly keep up... God, I only hope that this will be a lesson to many.

Again, hang in there, brother! We're here for ya

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Thats terrible. A group of girls I was real good friends with started drinking like crazy. Every weekend they go out and get drunk. The motto "Whoever is the least drunk drives us home". I see a disaster soon. However there is nothing we can do. The girls parents are either oblivious to what they are doing or just idiots. 2 of the girls parents BOTH are teachers at our school. Smart parenting.....not.
That is why you go to a school with a big campus, live in the dorms and DO NOT DRIVE while at school! Sh!t, its practically an integral part of the "American experience". Especially, with sites like textsfromlastnight and such pretty much promoting drinking, promiscuity and drugs. That said though, it is really everyone's personal choice, so you really can't do much. Unfortunately, not everyone will be saved from this crap. I watched my uncle pass away at 45 from alcohol abuse - his liver basically gave up, I don't think I'll ever dive into the bottle myself.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. His funeral was this afternoon.

What really gets me upset is his 3 little brothers that he left behind. The oldest (9 I think) of his little brothers prepared a speech and about 4 words in fell to the floor and burst into tears. Basically the entire church broke down, but I stayed strong for my friends and team. I remember the day last year when the captain of our high school hockey team walked into the locker room laughing about how Tyler was sick and couldn't come to practice because he smoked marijuana for the first time. He was just a little freshman, still trying to make friends and was taken advantage by the captain (a senior and big time druggie) and that's when he started down the wrong path. No one stepped in to say anything and to try to help him out, and now he's gone.

Our last game of the season is tomorrow night and we are planning on starting the game without a center, to commemorate him. Please if you guys have friends or family that are making bad decisions step up and help them out, even if they don't understand because you never know... might just save their life.

Quick Reply: Just got back from my friend's viewing...