Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Just been out in a Bentley Continental Flying Spur

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

I have just been out in my pals brand new (today) Bentley Continental Flying Spur, well it goes like thunder top speed 195 mph and costs just shy of ?115K ($230K) it has everything a man could want from a car, if you want bling bling and the ability to scare yourself in a very comfortable chair.

Do I think it's worth the money, No, because it's a Volkswagen!!!! And oh boy you can you tell it is.

The engine is noisy from both inside and outside the car. The satnav is very familiar to us BMW guys, she certainly gets around, but in the Bentley it sounds like she speaking into a tin can. It has the flappy paddles for gear changes but it looks like someone forgot to design then into the final spec and bent a bit of old metal as an after thought.

Don't get me wrong it has some great features but for a car that costs this much, no thanks not my choice. Got back into the 530 with a smile on my face thinking how good BMW's are but as he is such a good pal l did not burst his balloon, I'll leave the car to do that, I think he'll grow tired of it very quickly.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

Couldn't disagree more but hey to each his own
Old 01-17-2007, 09:18 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

It's not ok for $230K car to have low water marks at all.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='379540
Got back into the 530 with a smile on my face thinking how good BMW's are but as he is such a good pal l did not burst his balloon, I'll leave the car to do that, I think he'll grow tired of it very quickly.
this so funny... did you laugh at how bad the BMW was compared to the bentley or what ?
at least compare the m5 to a flying spur, not a 530.

Following your logic:
The Bugatti is also a volkswagen ??? it surely must feel like it ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Automobiles_SAS
and Lamborghini is an audi???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini

<_<
Old 01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Let's see Bentley is build on the D3 platform which is shared by the Audi A8 and the Volkswagen Phaeton, so is the Bentley a dressed up Volkswagen well to each their own I certainly wouldn't buy a 115,000 pound Volks no matter how good it is.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='379932' date='Jan 18 2007, 10:21 AM
Let's see Bentley is build on the D3 platform which is shared by the Audi A8 and the Volkswagen Phaeton, so is the Bentley a dressed up Volkswagen well to each their own I certainly wouldn't buy a 115,000 pound Volks no matter how good it is.
Yeah plus the fact that for a driver that values cornering abilities, steering response, rwd fun etc etc, all those "driving pleasures" yes it can be possible to actually like more a 530i than the bently flying $%!^. One will be tempted to say yes but the E60 isn't actually a go-kart. Yes it's not. But how a the Z4 coupe compares to the E60 the same way can be said about the E60 comapred to the flying shit. LOL Ok couldn't help it anymore!!! Who on earth gave it that name?!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Originally Posted by 700700' post='379909' date='Jan 18 2007, 04:33 AM
this so funny... did you laugh at how bad the BMW was compared to the bentley or what ?
at least compare the m5 to a flying spur, not a 530.
Who compared it to a 530? I didn't !! I said compared to BMW's !! My experiance of BMW's is more than the 530, which is a great car in its own right.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='379990' date='Jan 18 2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah plus the fact that for a driver that values cornering abilities, steering response, rwd fun etc etc, all those "driving pleasures" yes it can be possible to actually like more a 530i than the bently flying $%!^. One will be tempted to say yes but the E60 isn't actually a go-kart. Yes it's not. But how a the Z4 coupe compares to the E60 the same way can be said about the E60 comapred to the flying shit. LOL Ok couldn't help it anymore!!! Who on earth gave it that name?!
Go Cart or not, not really the point. At least you don't dish out that much money for a bimmer in the first place and for a lesser amount of money you could get a Phaeton with the same W12 engine. So the Bentley doesn't justify the money it command. It just like a Lexus before when they have the same cars in Toyota badges.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='380360' date='Jan 19 2007, 06:52 AM
Go Cart or not, not really the point. At least you don't dish out that much money for a bimmer in the first place and for a lesser amount of money you could get a Phaeton with the same W12 engine. So the Bentley doesn't justify the money it command. It just like a Lexus before when they have the same cars in Toyota badges.
You are thinking from a financial/investment point of view only. I just added one's desires also.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='380461' date='Jan 19 2007, 05:42 PM
You are thinking from a financial/investment point of view only. I just added one's desires also.
I would never consider anything that are subject to depreciation an investment (supercar maybe) and secondly no desire what so ever (That's me only as I am sure others would like to have one)

What else could you get for that price range? I am sure there are plenty of alternative beside a dressed up Volks.

Quick Reply: Just been out in a Bentley Continental Flying Spur