Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

A Joke.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymac' post='843432' date='Apr 10 2009, 04:27 PM
Well, I don't want to be the bad guy but I was there... My mother was an EMT there... My father worked two blocks away, and it will never be funny...
I had a delivery to the 32nd floor that day to William H. Mgee. I will never forget that. I thank God that the delivery was in the afternoon but I delivered there often... Soon after I joined the Military!

Absolutely nothing against you bro, just my $0.02
i am not denying it affected people at all. i dropped out of college and joined the military because of the attacks on september 11th. i did two enlistments and just got out in november. the jokes are in poor taste. everyone is going ot have something that offends them. my skin is pretty thick i guess. i am usually an advocate for comedy and jokes. these are eh...
Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='843436' date='Apr 10 2009, 10:31 PM
i am not denying it affected people at all. i dropped out of college and joined the military because of the attacks on september 11th. i did two enlistments and just got out in november. the jokes are in poor taste. everyone is going ot have something that offends them. my skin is pretty thick i guess. i am usually an advocate for comedy and jokes. these are eh...

Why did you get out man?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac' post='843441' date='Apr 10 2009, 04:35 PM

Why did you get out man?
it was get out or be a recruiter. I loved my job, and i loved being in the military. I am a defense contractor now doing what i did in the Army but I have considered going back in. if i do i want to be a blackhawk pilot. I know if i went back in, DA would snag me on recruiting duty pretty fast. they cant if i am a warrant officer. I am only 26, so i have a few years to figure it out.

I loved almost every second, and i do truly miss putting on the uniform every day.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I know the feeling.. Sometimes sacrifice is good. Well, most of the time it is. It is in hindsight that the means justifies the end... I have a choice to make soon as well. Although, my fork in the road has many more splinters. Warrant, recruiter, drill, contractor, white house, WTU... The list goes on... I am waiting for confirmation on which direction I should go. It is as rewarding a job as it is demanding. Though, I truly love being enlisted, I have to make decisions based on my faith and my family.

Thank you for your service and if you decide to come back in, you have 1 more friend in me within the ranks.

Tonymac
Old 04-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='843475' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:18 PM
it was get out or be a recruiter. I loved my job, and i loved being in the military. I am a defense contractor now doing what i did in the Army but I have considered going back in. if i do i want to be a blackhawk pilot. I know if i went back in, DA would snag me on recruiting duty pretty fast. they cant if i am a warrant officer. I am only 26, so i have a few years to figure it out.

I loved almost every second, and i do truly miss putting on the uniform every day.
We all honor your service to our country.

As for the 9/11 joke.....

On September 11, 2001, I lived in Manhattan at the same building where I live today.

I still remember this young 21 year old college graduate -- a neighbor of mine named Mark -- leaving my apartment building on his way to work on 9/11. He had just graduated college and started a job at Cantor Fitzgerald. Tragically, his trip to work that day was one way only. He died. It kills me that we've never caught those murderers Bin Laden or Zawahiri. And somehow, I don't think we ever will.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac' post='843483' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:24 PM
I know the feeling.. Sometimes sacrifice is good. Well, most of the time it is. It is in hindsight that the means justifies the end... I have a choice to make soon as well. Although, my fork in the road has many more splinters. Warrant, recruiter, drill, contractor, white house, WTU... The list goes on... I am waiting for confirmation on which direction I should go. It is as rewarding a job as it is demanding. Though, I truly love being enlisted, I have to make decisions based on my faith and my family.

Thank you for your service and if you decide to come back in, you have 1 more friend in me within the ranks.

Tonymac
I loved being enlisted too. I loved being an NCO. Talk about tough decision, how about standing in my CSMs office in Balad, 4 hours from getting on a plane to leave the country, truly not wanting to leave the country, you know that "my work isnt done here" feeling... well he tells me, dont get on the plane, We will lift your declination right now and you can reenlist for whatever you want. You can stay here with us for the time being, when we go home you can go to your new assignment. The hardest thing i did in my military career was telling my CSM that i have already made my decision. truth is, i didnt. I am very happy now, but I wonder how things might be if i didnt get on that plane to come home on August 19th. Damn i miss it.

But thankyou. and of course thanks for your service. Now that i am a veteran, i have to walk around thanking military people (which of course I am proud to do). I proudly display my Campaign license plate on my E60 and think about going back in every day. Time will tell... I may take a tour as a contractor later this year if I can. If you have any questions about the pros and cons, i have spent many sleepless nights making my decision. I sometimes still do.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='843489' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:29 PM
We all honor your service to our country.

As for the 9/11 joke.....

On September 11, 2001, I lived in Manhattan at the same building where I live today.

I still remember this young 21 year old college graduate -- a neighbor of mine named Mark -- leaving my apartment building on his way to work on 9/11. He had just graduated college and started a job at Cantor Fitzgerald. Tragically, his trip to work that day was one way only. He died. It kills me that we've never caught those murderers Bin Laden or Zawahiri. And somehow, I don't think we ever will.
No. we wont, and it is sad to say we are fighting a war against ideals and beliefs. I think until we find a way to build a giant glass bubble around our country, we are doing the best that we can. The joke was clearly meant to be offensive, thats what gets people going. i did not write it. I do think it is clever, however it is inappropriate. It is kind of like a holocaust joke. some things are better left unsaid... and i had to go and say it.