Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

John | Photography Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i loaded!

Sorry i will hi-jack your thread for a sec No where near your awesomeness but here are a few of my wife's little sister. The military keeps me busy so most of my shots are family, friends or dogs for now but as soon as I get an E60 you can be sure there will be tons more. These shots really show why i love the d300 soooo much, they are both right out of the camera with no editing i took these shortly before i cam out to the desert.

I am a Nikon shooter because of my lens now i should have tried the cannon and Nikon before i bought the D300 but i already had alot of Nikon lens..... I started with a D60 then got the 70-200mm 2.8 VRII and got hooked! Now add on multiple prime 1.4-2.8's, 200-400mm, 14-24mm, and others i am forgetting o and all the flash stuff i must have like 3k in flashes/equipment alone (and i don't know how to use any of them that well I will learn though). I am still making my way through all the posts in this thread (our bandwidth over here sucks and your pics don't help, but it's worth the wait)

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails John | Photography Gallery-1.jpg   John | Photography Gallery-2.jpg  
Old 07-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

welcome and wish you luck...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Defy
Sorry i will hi-jack your thread for a sec No where near your awesomeness but here are a few of my wife's little sister. The military keeps me busy so most of my shots are family, friends or dogs for now but as soon as I get an E60 you can be sure there will be tons more. These shots really show why i love the d300 soooo much, they are both right out of the camera with no editing i took these shortly before i cam out to the desert.

I am a Nikon shooter because of my lens now i should have tried the cannon and Nikon before i bought the D300 but i already had alot of Nikon lens..... I started with a D60 then got the 70-200mm 2.8 VRII and got hooked! Now add on multiple prime 1.4-2.8's, 200-400mm, 14-24mm, and others i am forgetting o and all the flash stuff i must have like 3k in flashes/equipment alone (and i don't know how to use any of them that well I will learn though). I am still making my way through all the posts in this thread (our bandwidth over here sucks and your pics don't help, but it's worth the wait)

Thanks!
you've got some great glass! i briefly contemplated getting a D3s, but after shooting with the 1DmkIV....it was game over for me. the 10 fps is awesome while shooting sports!

strobes is a whole new animal, but once you get it down....it totally makes an image. i much prefer natural, ambient lighting....but there's times when there's no substitute for strobes.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Contributors

strobes is a whole new animal, but once you get it down....it totally makes an image. i much prefer natural, ambient lighting....but there's times when there's no substitute for strobes.
I was going to ask if you use any flashes? I see most of your stuff is durning the day and outside (like the beach vollyball set ) for your night stuff do you just use fast glass and ambient lighting?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

2 weeks eh? did you get my new cell number? I sent out a text a while ago, think I send one to you.. If not ill text you again.. Are you coming for business again or family?.. maybe both? lol
Old 07-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel
2 weeks eh? did you get my new cell number? I sent out a text a while ago, think I send one to you.. If not ill text you again.. Are you coming for business again or family?.. maybe both? lol
yeah, close to 2 wks. can't recall if i got it, but txt me again pls just in case.

i've got a few shoots and gonna mix in a family reunion in Hershey, PA while i'm there.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Defy
I was going to ask if you use any flashes? I see most of your stuff is durning the day and outside (like the beach vollyball set ) for your night stuff do you just use fast glass and ambient lighting?
ya, i use strobes....i use Alienbee's. fast glass can only get you so much, so i eventually bust out either the beauty dish or 580exii.

here's one of my set up's with a AB1600 and medium sized octobox powered with a vagabond II.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Contributors

haven't posted in a while, thought i'd share a recent shoot with PTV...

Old 07-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I've been meaning to ask you how come you still haven't shot the widebody M3 yet
Old 07-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Contributors

here's one of my set up's with a AB1600 and medium sized octobox powered with a vagabond II.
Nice! I initially bought into the whole "Joe McNally" small flash craze (3 SB600's/SB900's) but i have read tons of reviews on the Bee's and i think i am going to have to get a setup! My wife has volunteered me to do a wedding and engagement pics this summer, so that should be a good excuse to get some new stuff!

I am pretty good at shooting stuff like cars,landscapes,buildings etc but i need to work on my portrait abilities.

o and those pictures are very nice I can vaguely see a car or two...

Quick Reply: John | Photography Gallery