Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

John | Photography Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
covering wnba now also...nice...
yeah, a totally different game. almost fell asleep during the 2nd qtr!lol

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy

Originally Posted by pjinca
John you are ABSOLUTELY the MAN when a camera's in your hands!!!!
thank you sir! nice hangin' out with you this wknd!

Originally Posted by sdg1871
+100000
thanks Scott!

Originally Posted by olskooldj
Great photography as usual John! Is it me or does it seem that women basketball players are big time hackers! They always look like they're fouling the snot of out of each other all the time?!?!?!
thanks bro! they do a lot of reaching and at least what i saw at this game, they are very nonchalant about the game.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by musashi530i
pareng john, need some advise for dslr. considering canon t2i with 15-55mm lens and nikon d5000 with 18-55mm and 70-300mm lens? dont really know how to compare. can you point me to the right direction? also, if im gonna be better off getting something else just let me know. the camera will be mostly used by the wife for family pics. thanks a lot tol.
musta pare! my suggestion is going to be a bit bias, since i've shot with Canon since high school! with that said, the Canon T2i is a great camera. the only advantage i see going with the Nikon is the additional lens you get. ano ba ang price difference? IMO, Canon's are much more user friendly.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Wow that 7 series is SiCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
werd!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by John Photography
musta pare! my suggestion is going to be a bit bias, since i've shot with Canon since high school! with that said, the Canon T2i is a great camera. the only advantage i see going with the Nikon is the additional lens you get. ano ba ang price difference? IMO, Canon's are much more user friendly.

well a little over 1g sila parehas. well meron ka ba pwede i-suggest sa canon brand na pwedeng pang everyday pic taking lang ng family? im thinking 1g is kinda expensive, but then again i dont want to buy a new camera within the next 2-3 years. im gonna need something great for family events but will last me for a good 5-7 years. im not big on camera but the wife has been bugging me to a new one.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^what do most of your family and friends shoot with? Having the same brands between the group also helps to "borrow"/"swap" lenses every once and awhile. Also, you and your wife should go down to the store and actually hold the camera, how the camera feels in your and her hand is important. I was in the same boat as you, choosing between both cameras about 6 weeks ago. My wife and I chose the nikon d5000, but the canon t2i was extremely close to coming home with us. Both are great cameras and will get you some great pics when used correctly...GL with your decision
Old 06-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by musashi530i
well a little over 1g sila parehas. well meron ka ba pwede i-suggest sa canon brand na pwedeng pang everyday pic taking lang ng family? im thinking 1g is kinda expensive, but then again i dont want to buy a new camera within the next 2-3 years. im gonna need something great for family events but will last me for a good 5-7 years. im not big on camera but the wife has been bugging me to a new one.
if you want to keep a camera for the next 5-7, you'd def want to get a camera that has updated capabilities.

Canon T1i

there's a link to B&H for the T1i for 1k. this will also have HD video capabilities that you'll enjoy having. i've shot with this camera and it's very capable and great camera to learn with.

^what do most of your family and friends shoot with? Having the same brands between the group also helps to "borrow"/"swap" lenses every once and awhile. Also, you and your wife should go down to the store and actually hold the camera, how the camera feels in your and her hand is important. I was in the same boat as you, choosing between both cameras about 6 weeks ago. My wife and I chose the nikon d5000, but the canon t2i was extremely close to coming home with us. Both are great cameras and will get you some great pics when used correctly...GL with your decision
very true! sometimes, the Canon vs Nikon debate comes down to personal preference.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Members

very true !i need to try that out, thanks for the advise GENEaTALS! also john, i thought t2i is newer than t1i? does t1i have more features than t2i?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Contributors

yes, t2i is newer. but the 2mp more and a tad bit better screen, it's not worth the price difference.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

t2i also has 1080p vid as well, but honestly I think a vid feature on an SLR is pointless....if you want to take hd vids just pick up a flip video or sony bloggie....good thing about the t2i is that it will drive the price of the t1i down

I have no interest of using the vid feature on my d5000...
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Contributors

t2i also has 1080p vid as well, but honestly I think a vid feature on an SLR is pointless....if you want to take hd vids just pick up a flip video or sony bloggie....good thing about the t2i is that it will drive the price of the t1i down

I have no interest of using the vid feature on my d5000...
both t1i and t2i have full HD 1080p vid capabilities, only difference is the t2i has full HD at 24, 25, 30 fps. whereas the t1i only shoots at 20 fps.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Members

thanks for all the info! will look into t1i and d5000. will let you know which route il take.

Quick Reply: John | Photography Gallery