Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Jersey Shore

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009 | 11:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

Originally Posted by joebaggg' post='1068153' date='Dec 5 2009, 02:20 AM
isnt sound factory pacha now?
yes. i was there for their opening night when it was shutdown by the cops, then went the 2nd week for the proper opening. eric morillo is damn good. anyone go to the original sound factory (a block away from tunnel), when junior vazquez was spinning? good times. i was never a big JP fan, couldnt stand his 30 minute mixes of the same song!!!!

twilo was awesome...who remembers sasha & digweed every month??? with all the asians sitting in the bleachers. haha i remember they had danny tenaglia and carl cox at twilo one night, i was there from 10pm till 7am the next morning. some friends met up with me at around 3am and they didnt believe me that i didnt drink any alcohol or wasnt rolling. my feet were hurting for days afterwards. probably the best clubbing night ever.

but lets not forget probably THE GREATEST club of our time... VINYL (later called 'arc'). i cant compare it to the 70's or 80's clubs, but for the 90's, danny tenaglia had the best party going. no alcohol, no dresscode, no stupid bottle service...just about awesome music and dancing your azz off. i closed that place down when it was their last night...i was depressed for days afterwards. still wish i had bought a 'be yourself' tshirt.

clubs like those wont ever be seen in NYC again. so sad, now clubs are about velvet ropes, bottle service, and wearing the latest gucci shoes. kids these days dont know what theyre missing. man i sound like such an old geezer.

i miss those times...being a responsible adult is a drag. LOL
Old 12-07-2009 | 03:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pipper' post='1068815' date='Dec 6 2009, 03:57 PM
yes. i was there for their opening night when it was shutdown by the cops, then went the 2nd week for the proper opening. eric morillo is damn good. anyone go to the original sound factory (a block away from tunnel), when junior vazquez was spinning? good times. i was never a big JP fan, couldnt stand his 30 minute mixes of the same song!!!!

twilo was awesome...who remembers sasha & digweed every month??? with all the asians sitting in the bleachers. haha i remember they had danny tenaglia and carl cox at twilo one night, i was there from 10pm till 7am the next morning. some friends met up with me at around 3am and they didnt believe me that i didnt drink any alcohol or wasnt rolling. my feet were hurting for days afterwards. probably the best clubbing night ever.

but lets not forget probably THE GREATEST club of our time... VINYL (later called 'arc'). i cant compare it to the 70's or 80's clubs, but for the 90's, danny tenaglia had the best party going. no alcohol, no dresscode, no stupid bottle service...just about awesome music and dancing your azz off. i closed that place down when it was their last night...i was depressed for days afterwards. still wish i had bought a 'be yourself' tshirt.

clubs like those wont ever be seen in NYC again. so sad, now clubs are about velvet ropes, bottle service, and wearing the latest gucci shoes. kids these days dont know what theyre missing. man i sound like such an old geezer.

i miss those times...being a responsible adult is a drag. LOL
NYC nitelife has surely changed, there is no real scene for musik except for Cielo and some parties thrown from here to there, the clubs r just lots of posing and bottles all about, which is why I go to ibiza for the past few seasons to enjoy a lot of music and madness in the sun...

There is only one pacha, so I can't go to the place in nyc with the name, as you note that is soundfactory markII, the original was on 27th down the block from tunnel, that was in fact reincarnated as Twilo...I was a big Jr fan and being a dj/producer in my youth, I did become friends with him and many of the other greats of the time... Danny T was great and very friendly, he was friendly in my circle and would come to our house parties in the hamptons, and we'd also meet up at winter music conference too... Jp was OK, I was friendly with him too, but he did get to be much with some of those mindbending monotone sets, factory became too much for me so I stuck to the other venues, twilo on friday and tunnel on sats until jr moved to arena @ palladium, then back to twilo and then ultimately exit and then the city changed it up and nitelife was over for the most part...vinyl was great, it was about the music as u saw, it actually copied the original sound factory model, no alcohol just music ...carl cox was-is still rockin, luved him in the twilo days and at wmc too he actually played on of my records, and at Space in ibiza he's still rockin it...now I'm more into minimal and techno house, and trance too, but still love all genres...ahh the good life, we lived it and no one can take it away....
Old 12-08-2009 | 05:11 PM
Contributors

i just watched this show on DVR and it is f'n hilarioius!!!!

"i'm like Rambo w/o my shirt on"!! TFF

i refuse to miss a single episode, this is a perfect way to relieve some stress from a hard days work.....laughter is priceless!!!
Old 12-09-2009 | 12:11 AM
Senior Members

MTV:

Please, please, please please aire this episode soon:

Old 12-10-2009 | 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

Jersey Shore-1.jpgJersey Shore-2.jpgJersey Shore-3.jpg
Old 12-10-2009 | 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by NobleForums' post='1070734' date='Dec 9 2009, 01:11 AM
MTV:

Please, please, please please aire this episode soon:

WTF!!??
Old 12-10-2009 | 04:23 PM
Contributors

have you guys read about all the controversy surrounding this show. MTV recieving death threats, companies pulling commercials from MTV.

MTV is getting SO MUCH PUBLICITY right now. All because they targeted "Italian-Americans" for the casting of this show, then put them in a house with italian flags draped off walls and let them refer to themselves as guidos
Old 12-10-2009 | 04:38 PM
Contributors

NYC Teacher Suspended After Punching "Jersey Shore" Star

NEW YORK (WPIX) - It's the video clip from MTV's "Jersey Shore" that's already registered millions of views on YouTube, and when it airs Thursday night, producers hope it'll get plenty more.

A drunken man was captured by MTV cameras sucker-punching one of the reality show's female stars. That man has been identified as a Long Island high school gym teacher who has since been suspended, the New York Post reports.

Brad Ferro, 24, of Deer Park, was arrested in August for punching out Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi at the Beachcomber Bar & Grill in Seaside Heights on Aug. 19, local police tell the Post.

The highly publicized punch reportedly got Ferro booted from the classroom at North Hills Community High School in Queens and reassigned to a "rubber room" - a temporary reassignment center where employees await disciplinary hearings on offenses.

Department of Education officials said they hadn't been informed about his arrest earlier because it occurred out of state. They only learned of the smackdown after it was featured in commercials promoting MTV's "Jersey Shore."

At the time of the incident, the gym teacher was told by bouncers to lay off the drinks after he began acting disorderly. However Fero managed to swipe some booze from Snooki and her pals that had been left unattended, which ultimately led to the physical altercation.

The punch knocked Snooki off her barstool, but she did not receive medical treatment.

Ferro was arrested on charges of assault and disorderly conduct just after 2 a.m.

Ferro has been teaching at the Middle Village school for struggling students since September 2008.

Meanwhile, the MTV reality TV series continues to catch flack over the incident. Advocates say it portrays violence against women, and stereotypes Italian-Americans as violent, irresponsible, and offensive.

Some of the show's sponsors, including Domino's Pizza and American Family Insurance, have already pulled their advertisements from the program, saying the show's ideals don't align with their marketing strategy.
Old 12-10-2009 | 07:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1071741' date='Dec 10 2009, 08:38 PM

NYC Teacher Suspended After Punching "Jersey Shore" Star

NEW YORK (WPIX) - It's the video clip from MTV's "Jersey Shore" that's already registered millions of views on YouTube, and when it airs Thursday night, producers hope it'll get plenty more.

A drunken man was captured by MTV cameras sucker-punching one of the reality show's female stars. That man has been identified as a Long Island high school gym teacher who has since been suspended, the New York Post reports.

Brad Ferro, 24, of Deer Park, was arrested in August for punching out Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi at the Beachcomber Bar & Grill in Seaside Heights on Aug. 19, local police tell the Post.

The highly publicized punch reportedly got Ferro booted from the classroom at North Hills Community High School in Queens and reassigned to a "rubber room" - a temporary reassignment center where employees await disciplinary hearings on offenses.

Department of Education officials said they hadn't been informed about his arrest earlier because it occurred out of state. They only learned of the smackdown after it was featured in commercials promoting MTV's "Jersey Shore."

At the time of the incident, the gym teacher was told by bouncers to lay off the drinks after he began acting disorderly. However Fero managed to swipe some booze from Snooki and her pals that had been left unattended, which ultimately led to the physical altercation.

The punch knocked Snooki off her barstool, but she did not receive medical treatment.

Ferro was arrested on charges of assault and disorderly conduct just after 2 a.m.

Ferro has been teaching at the Middle Village school for struggling students since September 2008.

Meanwhile, the MTV reality TV series continues to catch flack over the incident. Advocates say it portrays violence against women, and stereotypes Italian-Americans as violent, irresponsible, and offensive.

Some of the show's sponsors, including Domino's Pizza and American Family Insurance, have already pulled their advertisements from the program, saying the show's ideals don't align with their marketing strategy.
What a scumbag. And that's who is teaching our kids.
Old 12-10-2009 | 08:28 PM
Senior Members

Guidos + more annoyingness + crap MTV ...

Quick Reply: Jersey Shore