Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

It's Christmas Time !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Off to Disneyland Paris for Christmas in my E60. And the family get to come along for free

Will be nice to take my new car for a cruise on a nice stretch of motorway, try out cross-country travel with nav to guide me, and buy some cheap diesel in France.

All my family (Mum/Dad/Brothers) are in Australia, so my wife and 2 boys are looking forward to the trip away. Just need to write a letter to Santa, and explain to him that we'll be at Disneyland.

Anyone else up to much for Christmas?
Old 12-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Contributors

Actually I am staying at home trying to save up to come to the UK in January. I am used to fuel with no tax. My ass will not be as sore since the UK will rip the money right from my wallet
Old 12-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

LOL!

Some advise - fill tank in Calais, drive to UK, drive back to Calais, fill up tank again. That way you avoid being ripped off with UK fuel prices.

You could also try not eating, sleeping in hotels, etc. But that is much harder to do
Old 12-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

we are off to disney in february might talk my good wife in to going via germany to test the top speed on the car out, best to go on the eurotunnel get there quicker only ?99 by the way there is a prog on nat geographic on wedneday night about the geman autobahns?
Old 12-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' date='Dec 13 2004, 11:29 PM
LOL!

Some advise - fill tank in Calais, drive to UK, drive back to Calais, fill up tank again. That way you avoid being ripped off with UK fuel prices.

You could also try not eating, sleeping in hotels, etc. But that is much harder to do
[snapback]68726[/snapback]
I will keep that in mind. Very good idea. I thought about staying in crack houses or Tube hallways and beg for gas money.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Members

Banglebox,
You'll have a good time at Euro Disney - my family and I went there for 4 nights Summer 2003 - unfortunately for us the drive from Yorkshire to Dover was a bit of a killer ( set off about 1.00am and got Seacat from Dover at about 7.00 - was so knackered that drive from Calais took over 3 hours ). Be warned the sign posting off the French motorway is misleading.
The best rides are Space Mountain ( way better than the Florida version ) and Runaway train ( if re-opened ) + Aerosmith Rock and roll coaster.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 12-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Been there once before, before the Studio park opened though. Going over Chistmas will be nice, and decided to stay at Disneyland Hotel this time too.

Only an hour from home to tunnel (early morning). Will be a long enough day as it is.

I've not seen any unrestricted German autobahns close to France. At least when I've driven to Frankfurt and Nurburgring I never saw any. Only had the joy of that when I wnet up to Hannover a while ago. But I did *cough* drive at 120 on the French tollroad coming back from Disney the last time. (V6 Audi A4, which did cruise very nicely at that speed on an empty motoway at night).
Old 12-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

Maybe our German (or German resident) friends can advise on the "closest" unrestricted fun-ways.

100+ - only outside the UK, and even then only when the wife is asleep
Old 12-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Contributors

There is an area on A60 just outside Belgium or you could just speed. I did 100+ mph home from Oostende Belgium with no problems.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

or you could just speed
Yes, you could.

Please loan me your plates, so I can come to Germnay and try that method

In fact, why don't we just swap when you come to London. I can go mad then.

Just been reading about the new scam to evade camera fines. Get some plates form another country. The cops don't bother sending fines overseas. So go to France, buy a cheap car, take plates, and DRIVE LIKE THE WIND. Not sure I'm up for that, but it is tempting.

Quick Reply: It's Christmas Time !!!