Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

iPhone 4 has major antenna design flaw

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thing you guys are arguing about something important and not something stupid like government or something useless like that...

Just sayin'
Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by swajames
No one is turning a blind eye. You're simply not bothering to read and comprehend what others post.

As I said, it's time to let this thread die. And for your own sanity, return your phone.
When you say others, you mean you?

You're the only person that's not getting it in this thread! You should heed your own advice. Read and actually see what so many OTHER sites have reported the same. Stop with your Apple this, Apple that. They have not responded with a satisfactory release to their customers, period!

Michael: totally. I said the same thing last week
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
When you say others, you mean you?

You're the only person that's not getting it in this thread! You should heed your own advice. Read and actually see what so many OTHER sites have reported the same. Stop with your Apple this, Apple that. They have not responded with a satisfactory release to their customers, period!

Michael: totally. I said the same thing last week
Not at all - I acknowledged in earlier posts that Apple needed to make this right for customers who had issues. The point was that there are, of course, customers who don't. Some of them, other than me, have posted in this and other threads here on the forum that their devices don't exhibit the issues you are experiencing. If it were me, I'd take it back and buy something different or demand an exchange - which to me would be a far more productive way to resolve the problem than arguing with someone on a web forum...
Old 07-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Sounds like you're just diverting the focal point like Apple with the return statement. Sure, I would return it, if it completely sucks. The unfortunate thing is that it is a pretty good device, except for this fundamental issue of having crappy signal. I imagine that if I am on the phone a lot, this would be a bigger issue for me right now, and probably would have returned or sold it online already.

And what you acknowledged is not what the point I have been saying. Even to this moment, you still refuse to acknowledge that Apple f'ed up with its antennae design -- and somehow sides with Apple's BS regarding the issue. There is no software fix that'll rectify a hardware problem.

Finally, I am not arguing with you, I am trying to guide you to the light. Besides, what is there to argue about? I made legitimate points, while you stipulate that I am making crap up. It's obvious that someone is not doing their homework.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Contributors

I love homework.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
I love homework.
Brett, these people are actually writing essays arguing about a piece of rectangular shaped metal. How?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

I'm just gonna lay this out:
The iPhone 4 definitely has reception issues, either hardware or software. Apple needs to fix it soon. And Apple knows that too. In the mean time they are not being very truthful in their responses.

Some people experience the reception degradation, some don't.

If you have issues - return it or get a bumper or "don't hold it that way". I've also heard "reset network setting" fixes the problem, but I'm highly doubtful.

if you don't have issues (all 4 iPhones I tested don't) - good for you.

If you don't have an iPhone and never will - good for you. You'll never experience these problems.

It's not that big of a deal. It's just a phone. Can we just get along and move on?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by heavy_g
It's not that big of a deal. It's just a phone. Can we just get along and move on?
This is the internet. It does NOT work that way
Old 07-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/12/a...e-4-piece-on-f

really too bad
Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

if the best smartphone (according to consumer reports) has this major flaw and is still the best rated smartphone, what does that say about other smart phones? kinda sad for other smartphone makers...

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...on-the-market/

Quick Reply: iPhone 4 has major antenna design flaw