Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: Have you reserved an apple iPad?
Yes
13.33%
No
70.00%
Waiting for 3G
16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

iPad Poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I just reserved my Apple iPad for pick-up on the iPad launch. I am curious if anyone else is jumping on the band wagon....
Old 03-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

::rolls eyes::

Against my will we bought 4 of them. It's going to fail like Apple TV.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
::rolls eyes::

Against my will we bought 4 of them. It's going to fail like Apple TV.

^

Recorded for posterity - perhaps the worst prediction ever...

The naysayers said much the same about the iPod. And then the iPhone.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor

Naw, there was nothing competing against them during that time. This time there are better alternatives

https://thejoojoo.com/

Originally Posted by swajames
^

Recorded for posterity - perhaps the worst prediction ever...

The naysayers said much the same about the iPod. And then the iPhone.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Naw, there was nothing competing against them during that time. This time there are better alternatives

https://thejoojoo.com/
Not true as to the competition. The iPod was hardly the first MP3 player, and the iPhone wasn't the first smartphone.

The iPad is hardly the first tablet. But it is the first to seamlessly integrate with the industry leading content portal in the iTunes store and the App store. Major content providers are absolutely falling over themselves to build applications for the iPad.

It is is content and user experience that will win the day - you won't be seeing many JooJoo's, you'll be seeing people line up around block to get an iPad.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Former Vendor

That's fine. A debate like this is moot, but you are absolutely right about the iTunes Store & App Store integration.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Contributors

That's fine. A debate like this is moot, but you are absolutely right about the iTunes Store & App Store integration.
The JooJoo does look like a nice web device though - I'll have to give you that. Flash support is there, something Apple's determined not to see on its devices. If Flash is important, JooJoo may be a good option. It looks like it has a decent display too - I'll have to check it out.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor

Thing is I couldn't care less about any of the apps in the app store. I'd want this to surf the web, answer emails, and maybe the occasional watching a moving.

On a side note, if anyone wants an iPad I can have my business rep at Apple reserve them for me so you don't have to wait in line.

The JooJoo does look like a nice web device though - I'll have to give you that. Flash support is there, something Apple's determined not to see on its devices. If Flash is important, JooJoo may be a nice option. It looks like it has a nice display too - I'll have to check it out.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

you'll be seeing people line up around block to get an iPad.
give me some real world examples of how the ipad will be used, where a laptop cannot.
ipad has no flash, no usb port, no sd-card slot. seems to be lacking some major features.
and its not something you can just put in your pocket. might as well carry a laptop.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Contributors

Thing is I couldn't care less about any of the apps in the app store. I'd want this to surf the web, answer emails, and maybe the occasional watching a moving.

On a side note, if anyone wants an iPad I can have my business rep at Apple reserve them for me so you don't have to wait in line.

Over a billion application downloads says plenty of people do care. More to the point, the iPhone and iPad reopened mass market software development to the independent developers - something we've not really seen since the 1980's. And some of these iPhone apps are stunning - and the iPad will turn the dial up to 11.

Quick Reply: iPad Poll