Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Interested in buying a Wii

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone, I'm bringing my gaming variety up another notch. Playing the PS3 and Xbox360 is great great, but I'm also looking for some childish, say children type of game just to enjoy from time to time. So I'm looking at the Wii, and obviously Nintendo is like the king of those "kiddy" games. (To me anyways, please no offense to anyone, please don' start bashing this comment) So I'm looking to see if anyone of our board members have gotten their hands on this Wii, and seeing how they like it? In terms of fun, level of difficulty getting used to the motion sensing, etc. I want to get a gaming console where I can enjoy it, my younger nieces and nephews can play, and also my girlfriend, etc, since they're not able to happily play games like Gears of War or Resistance and all that. Please help me decide if a Wii is actually worth the money.

And to Pinguhk, there's a mod for Wii~!!! Cheap games everywhere for everyone!! (Again no offense for those who stick to original stuff only, etc.)
Old 02-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

I got a Wii...although graphics sucks as compared to PS3 or Xbox 360, the interactive user interface means that its fun to play. As for level of difficulty it depends on the person actually. I had a hard time playing Call of Duty 3 whereas my friend finds it a blast...so it depends.I am pretty used to motion sensing, Need fr Speed Carbon might seem weird driving with the stick but you'll get used to it. The major problems I see with the console is the lack of online play and also the variety of game titles, they need to address these 2 issues.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

I've got a Wii and it is by far the best video game console I've ever had. I've played the PS3 and my friend has the 360 and they're fun and all, but I seriously can't stop playing the Wii. You can get a ton of oldschool titles from the virtual console, you can still play all your gamecube games on it and plug your gamecube controllers and memory cards into it. Wii sports, Rayman, and Zelda are all amazing. Yes the graphics aren't as good as the others, but when you're playing the games you don't even notice the graphics because you're too involved in the game. Plus for $250 how can you go wrong? For me, I can't say enough good things about the Wii.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Contributors

Over in Thailand, its about 450+. If it was 250, I wouldn't even start a thread Anyways, if a few more guys say good things about it, I will go for it later today. But I'm pretty sure buying a new game console during exam period will not help me
Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

Damn, what do you guys pay for the 360 and the PS3? I'm sure I could find you a Wii in the States and ship it over to you, it may take a few weeks and there would be shipping costs, but let me know if you're interested. I'm sure it would come in under $450.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

im not really sure about the price for a wii here, but a ps3 here ran for about $600 i believe. anyway, i dont have a wii but my girlfriend does and we cant stop playng with it. it is very enjoyable for sure, and like Jeffs said, the level of difficulty depends on the person. havent had the chance to purchase any other games, but we are stuck to the wii sports. i would buy it. it is worth it.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

I have the Wii and it's great. My kids are the major users of it but I wish I had more time to enjoy it. Playing the same games on the 360 doesn't compare. Sure the 360 has better graphics but the Wii is more enjoyable to play all but some FPS type games.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='394502' date='Feb 23 2007, 07:45 AM
Damn, what do you guys pay for the 360 and the PS3? I'm sure I could find you a Wii in the States and ship it over to you, it may take a few weeks and there would be shipping costs, but let me know if you're interested. I'm sure it would come in under $450.
I paid 750 for the PS3, and 500 for the XBox360. As for the Wii, I quickly asked an random shop and it was 450. But with the Xbox and Wii, both consoles are modded, allowing back up games, and with the Xbox, they included 10 free games, back up of course. Anyways, if you guys say its good, its gotta be good. So I will go to the shop, try it out today with my gf, and see how it goes. I'll let you know if I get one today. Thanks for all the comments and the help guys.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Thanks to the closed game shop on saturday and sunday! I got myself a 40" Samsung LCD TV with a Samsung Home Theater instead. My PS3 looks way better on this TV than the previous one. Enjoying it a lot so far!! Will update again when I do get the Wii. Maybe not for awhile, already over spent on the TV.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I just received SSX Blur yesterday (pre-order from Amazon). It ROCKS! Actually shows the true potential of the hardware. If you can live with Xbox (original) level of graphics, and I think most people can, the Wii will more than deliver.

Tiger Woods 07 for Wii comes out on the 3/15 and will be the title that wins a lot of people over. I attached a small vid for Tiger Woods 07.

The game system is really incredible, and I know that there is a mod chip now - only takes 5 connections to do, and then you can play burned games.
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
tigerwii_wmvlow.wmv (4.82 MB, 26 views)

Quick Reply: Interested in buying a Wii