Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

If someone

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='345389' date='Oct 16 2006, 06:17 PM
Bad taste on cars is a common phenomenon, otherwise all cars out there would be BMWs and then, we all here, would be common people

Anyway, I would try to change his mind, showing him Alex's video 100 times (under coercion) as a penalty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogxP8MdamEM&NR

But sorry for the question, is it just me or the video seems to be speeded up a little?! That would answer for the sound of the engine.

If it's not i think it's just astonishing. The best M5 sound ever. Alex is the video speeded up? Also what exhaust mods doy ou have my friend? Intake?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='345424' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:46 PM

But sorry for the question, is it just me or the video seems to be speeded up a little?! That would answer for the sound of the engine.

If it's not i think it's just astonishing. The best M5 sound ever. Alex is the video speeded up? Also what exhaust mods doy ou have my friend? Intake?
Maybe youre right, seems to be speeded up, It appears that the turn lights of the other cars are blinking a little fast, but anyway, it's a great video for this case.

I'm not sure but I think he has Hamann quads
Old 10-16-2006, 12:35 PM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by Santia' post='344633' date='Oct 13 2006, 08:04 PM
If someone tells you straight in the face..

- You have bad taste to drive a E60. What will you do?

- E60 is ugly!!! What will you do?

- E60 is for OLD OLD man and woman. What will you do?

- What??!! You drive a E60? Why? There are better options out there ... like ABC, DEF, GHI.. What will you do?
If someone asks you ...

- Why did you buy a E60 when it is so ugly? How would you reply to change their stand or at least agree that it is not ugly though it isn't exceptionally pretty?

- You are so young, why do you drive a car that is meant for elderly?

- Why do you spend so much to drive a high class mini-van?

What will you say?
You tell him "Que sabe el burro de alfajores" and you let him be. You don't have to explain why you own the best sports sedan there is. He's obvioulsy clueless.

So, let's hear from the Spanish guys - what does the above mean???
Old 10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Ditto, smile and walk away
Old 10-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i stock. 2000 Jeep Wrangler non-stock =)

As far as i can remember, i've only received positive compliments on the car. I do have a few people that have questioned the amount (or lack of) of horsepower ('04 530i) but most are ignorant to the various inputs horsepower, trannies, ratios, weight, etc. have on a car.

The best though, was a cousin of mine who scoffed about the lack of horsepower my 530 had and then went on to tell me his VW Golf (not rabbit) had, which according to him, was 175. I knew he was full of crap, so i checked and found that he had a whopping 115 on tap and his car weighed only a few hundred pounds less, exciting! Did i tell him? LOL, the first second i saw him again (he agreed as he also had checked). I told him the suped up GTI only comes in at 200bhp and weighs nearly 3200lbs. And his fatass outweighs me by 50+lbs, wanna race??? He's just a jealous weenie!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by Bubbarossa' post='345528' date='Oct 16 2006, 02:24 PM
As far as i can remember, i've only received positive compliments on the car. I do have a few people that have questioned the amount (or lack of) of horsepower ('04 530i) but most are ignorant to the various inputs horsepower, trannies, ratios, weight, etc. have on a car.

The best though, was a cousin of mine who scoffed about the lack of horsepower my 530 had and then went on to tell me his VW Golf (not rabbit) had, which according to him, was 175. I knew he was full of crap, so i checked and found that he had a whopping 115 on tap and his car weighed only a few hundred pounds less, exciting! Did i tell him? LOL, the first second i saw him again (he agreed as he also had checked). I told him the suped up GTI only comes in at 200bhp and weighs nearly 3200lbs. And his fatass outweighs me by 50+lbs, wanna race??? He's just a jealous weenie!
Like I said. He's insecure.