Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Idiots on highways...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I used to be the idiot you speak of. Even got cited for reckless driving, unsafe lane change and tailgating all on one ticket on my birthday. I was tailgating a car in the left lane for him to get out of the way and switched lanes to get around him only to cut off a CHP that was next to me in my blind spot (don't ask me how I didn't know he was next to me that whole time. LOL!).

But as I've grown older, my driving habits have totally changed. That said I still HATE slow ass drivers that cruise on the left lane as if it had their name on it.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='791838' date='Feb 13 2009, 12:31 AM
I used to be the idiot you speak of. Even got cited for reckless driving, unsafe lane change and tailgating all on one ticket on my birthday. I was tailgating a car in the left lane for him to get out of the way and switched lanes to get around him only to cut off a CHP that was next to me in my blind spot (don't ask me how I didn't know he was next to me that whole time. LOL!).

But as I've grown older, my driving habits have totally changed. That said I still HATE slow ass drivers that cruise on the left lane as if it had their name on it.
+1 I used to drive like this, I kinda change but I still do it from time to time. Some drivers just don't know how to drive, driving in the fast lane when someone's behind them wanting to pass and not letting that driver pass and just driving like he does not care and not move to a slower lane. Just hate this kind of drivers!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Whenever it happens to me , I usually turn on my headlight which also turn on my taillights then switch it off. I do this a few times. If this doesn't work, I slow down to a point that they will get tired of tailing me and change lane. Then speed up as fast as I can to fist him off more.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

But as I've grown older, my driving habits have totally changed. That said I still HATE slow ass drivers that cruise on the left lane as if it had their name on it
+1. I only drive in the left lane long enough to pass slower traffic. I do not pretend to own the road and I am always conscious of my rear view mirror regardless of how fast I am driving. If I see someone on my ass, I get out of their way... because I expect the same, even though I am rarely granted the same courtesy
Old 02-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='791860' date='Feb 13 2009, 01:00 AM
+1. I only drive in the left lane long enough to pass slower traffic. I do not pretend to own the road and I am always conscious of my rear view mirror regardless of how fast I am driving. If I see someone on my ass, I get out of their way... because I expect the same, even though I am rarely granted the same courtesy
exactly!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

It's a simple rule. If cars are passing you on the right move your ass TO the right!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i...just bought so in progress...dont know where to start??? Want to do: LCI Tails, Xenon Headlights, Tints, Wheels, Trunk and Roof Spoiler, iPod Adapter...the list goes on.

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='791874' date='Feb 13 2009, 12:23 AM
It's a simple rule. If cars are passing you on the right move your ass TO the right!
EXACTLY!...if only everyone on the road knew this...I myself like to drive defensively aggressive...that's what I tell my girlfriend all the time while shes clutching the door panel screaming at me. I just turn the radio up and continue to say "I know what im doing...just shutup, your yelling is going to make me crash!"...LOL

and I've thought about the anger management and realized there's nothing wrong with me! hahahah
Old 02-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by LiLifter247' post='791877' date='Feb 13 2009, 12:29 AM
EXACTLY!...if only everyone on the road knew this...I myself like to drive defensively aggressive...that's what I tell my girlfriend all the time while shes clutching the door panel screaming at me. I just turn the radio up and continue to say "I know what im doing...just shutup, your yelling is going to make me crash!"...LOL

and I've thought about the anger management and realized there's nothing wrong with me! hahahah
hahahaha.NOOO WAYYYY bro, i used to do that when im pissed off.hahaha. But now i only turn on the rear fogs. Trust me, it worked a few times(not always). it scares the shit out of them. Once, a guy was about 2-3m behind me. i just pressed the rear fog and the idiot pressed the brakes and turned to the left.hahaha.poor guy almost hit a car passing him on his left. I bet you now this guy will think twice of doing that again after this scare!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Black E60 530i

Yeah 3m is stupid, but the problem is, if you leave too much space in front of you, all the slow slimes and trucks in the right lane take this chance to start passing some other truck or slime so you have to brake from 160 to 80 in two seconds ..
Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

Originally Posted by al_ongvano' post='791859' date='Feb 13 2009, 04:57 AM
Whenever it happens to me , I usually turn on my headlight which also turn on my taillights then switch it off. I do this a few times. If this doesn't work, I slow down to a point that they will get tired of tailing me and change lane. Then speed up as fast as I can to fist him off more.
lol i do that problem I have i want to give them break tests but as i have BBK i know mine will just stop so quick and there go in the back of me lol! so the above one is good :-)

Quick Reply: Idiots on highways...