Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I need a race translator

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm coming home from night classes and I see these two VW's going at it back and forth. Really only one is antagonizing the other. I'm the third car and every time the second car (grey passat/jetta, I couldnt tell cause he de-badged it) changes lanes, the litte red rabbit or something jumps in front of it. Speed limit 50mph.

The red one must have got the grey one riled up because by the time he turned off and switched highways, the grey one starts trying (i think) get me to race him. I'm not entirely sure about this hence why I need a race translator.

Two lane divided highway, he is in the right lane flanking a Jag S-type 3.0 doing around the speed limit. I'm stuck in behind this rolling road block, but every time I changed lanes to get behind the one I thought was moving a bit faster, the VW puts his turn signal on for the left lane I'm in and then when I fell back behind him, he puts his right turn signal on.

I'm a firm believer that racing shennanigans are meant for the track and only the track. People who do racing stunts or speed challenges or what have you risk killing innocent people, and there have been plenty of those incidents in recent years where I live with teens and poor judgment (I'm in MD).

So was this guy just familiarizing himself with his turnsignal indicator or was he trying to get me to race him? I was in my 545i at the time in Manual mode so I could have the exhaust growling for my own amusement. Exhaust is stock for the moment until I can do a fancy setup like VT or ECF.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I don't know much about race-translation but after some recent news events in the US regarding one of our Senators, I've learned a great deal about bathroom stall foot-tapping translations!

Bottom line = Just remember to keep those feet still...
Old 08-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='464394' date='Aug 30 2007, 11:08 PM
I don't know much about race-translation but after some recent news events in the US regarding one of our Senators, I've learned a great deal about bathroom stall foot-tapping translations!

Bottom line = Just remember to keep those feet still...
That was exactly my thought. I wouldn't want to hit my turn signal and wait for the car in my flank to either speed up or slow down to let me in and inadvertantly have an undercover cop pull me over for "solicitation of a street race".

I get enjoyment from having the car push me in to my seat as I accelerate from a stop, but my cap is 80MPH with no traffic. Rarely do I go ~20+ speedlimit unless there aint nobody around. The VW and myself did happen upon a redlight, but I didn't hear him revving his engine as the other lights turned from green to yellow (meaning our red was soon to turn green). This is why I'm confused, if he wanted a race I was expecting him to chirp his FWD and launch, but nothing. Nor did he hang in my rear flanks the rest of the way home (until I turned off to the side roads), just kinda cruised in my rear mirror a few car lengths back.