Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I hope this jerk gets jail time

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

Originally Posted by Lancaster' post='513343' date='Jan 3 2008, 04:01 PM
Whether you agree with the war in Iraq or not, these kids deserve a lot of respect for doing their job professionally and without complaint.

It makes me angry to think that far from giving them a pat on the back, some people see them as a target. They do not choose where or when they fight (for us) - they just do it because its their job. It'd be nice to think they could park their car without getting hassled...

I agree with you 100%, if you are pro or anti this illegal occupation of another country!!, you still should have the most respect for those marines, THEY ARE NOT THERE BY CHOICE to begin with, and are not very happy about this occupation or its outcome! God Bless them all and bring them back safe!

ps: How about that lawyer trying to accuse the marine of being anti semetic..lol
Old 01-04-2008, 03:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='513329' date='Jan 3 2008, 03:05 PM
+1 Death Penalty
dranged, too easy;

"According to the Cook County state's attorney's office, it wasn't an accident, but a deliberate key job, not done by some kid or street thug, but by a Chicago lawyer who apparently can't stand the military.

Private attorney Jay R. Grodner, 55, of Chicago has been charged with a class A misdemeanor -- criminal damage to property -- punishable by up to one year in jail and up to a $2,500 fine, said Andy Conklin, spokesman for the state's attorney's office."

After just seeing this, this Wimp is probably some ambulance chaser who will use the system to get off.
He should be ordered to jail where he can be traded like a pack of cigarettes; then maybe serve sometime on a military base to wash and wax all the military vehicles in front of the people he disrespects. Then....
Old 01-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

As I heard it here (cannot remember who).. that guy is a real douchenozzle.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='513432' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:24 AM
Agreed but understated...these "kids" (US military men and women) are putting their LIVES ON THE LINE - not a war they started - but are bound by duty and their oath....and some a__hole who has nothing better to do is hasseling them - scariest thing that idiot probably does each day is deciding which color socks to wear :thumbsdown: ...this isn't about if you agree with the war or not, this is about respecting those who are putting themselves in harms way for this country. Try looking in the face of one of the parents of a soldier killed in Iraq and telling them that crap....sheesh...
I used the term "Kids" as I'm around 20 years older than them. It was meant in a friendly way and not to patronise or offend. I apologise unreservedly if I did either.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

If there's any justice then Mr Grodner will be walking like John Wayne right after he gets to meet his new cellmate. Perhaps keying the BMW probably won't seem like quite such a good idea after he's endured a couple of rounds in the prison shower....
Old 01-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by Lancaster' post='513751' date='Jan 4 2008, 04:29 PM
I used the term "Kids" as I'm around 20 years older than them. It was meant in a friendly way and not to patronise or offend. I apologise unreservedly if I did either.
Lancaster,

I think it was an honest mis-interpretation on both parts. If I may dip my toe in to the politically incorrect pool for a moment. Most liberal politicians and war protesters here in the US refer to soldiers as "kids" in order to paint the picture that Army/Marine/Air Force/Navy/Coast Guard member 'Johnny' and 'Sally' are being sent to Iraq by the evil President Bush. Using the language of "kids" to paint them as brainless and immature, not the grown up adults and leaders they are for their service.

I will step out of the pool now.

Cheers,

Nick

PS I have a painting over my desk by Rober Taylor of the Peenemude Raids signed by many of the crew that flew their Lancasters.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='513786' date='Jan 4 2008, 11:51 PM
Lancaster,

I think it was an honest mis-interpretation on both parts. If I may dip my toe in to the politically incorrect pool for a moment. Most liberal politicians and war protesters here in the US refer to soldiers as "kids" in order to paint the picture that Army/Marine/Air Force/Navy/Coast Guard member 'Johnny' and 'Sally' are being sent to Iraq by the evil President Bush. Using the language of "kids" to paint them as brainless and immature, not the grown up adults and leaders they are for their service.

I will step out of the pool now.

Cheers,

Nick

PS I have a painting over my desk by Rober Taylor of the Peenemude Raids signed by many of the crew that flew their Lancasters.
Nick,

Thanks for explaining that to me. Makes sense now!

Regards

Martin
Old 01-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Contributors

UPDATE1: From a follow-up story in the Chicago Tribune ...

It's not the case of the century, but it has captured the hearts of many readers.

Some want to fix McNulty's car for free, so he can sell it. Others offered to purchase the vehicle. Several BMW dealers -- not wanting their names in the paper -- have offered to make McNulty happy in any way possible, from fixing the car to buying it. And other lawyers are offering their legal services, if McNulty wants to pursue a civil suit.

UPDATE2: Hearing today in court ... plea bargin ... 1 year social service supervision ($600 fee) + restitution of $600 to be paid to the Injured Marine Semper Fi fund. The judge was a Marine.

And then there was this from an observer in the courtroom:

The Judge then, in as angry a voice as I have ever heard him use, scolded the defendant, saying that the Marine license plates the complaining witness had were not vanity plates or about ego, but the proceeds go toward the Marine and Navy scholarship fund for the children of fallen soldiers, sailors and marines. These Marines protect his very existence "so people like you can enjoy their freedom." He further said that the reason there were so many in the courtroom and so much public interest is that the Marines have a tradition since 1775 that "No Marine gets left behind." Several Hoorahs in the courtroom.

Sargent McNulty was not in court today ... he's back in Iraq.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Thanks for the update, but the the $1,200 in penalties and a well intentioned scolding are weak in my mind. :thumbsdown:
Old 01-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Thanks for posting the follow up to this story

I'm glad the judge tried to straighten out this jerk-off but I doubt this fella showed any remorse and probably still thinks his actions were justified :thumbsdown: I stand by my original sentencing: Death Penalty

Quick Reply: I hope this jerk gets jail time