Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I have been pulled over by cops at least 4 times

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009 | 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19
Arrow

This week alone lately. I know why there pulling me over, but my question is why are they going bananas more then anything lately over my tint.?? Is the damm city short on money where they feel the need to hop across 3 lanes of traffic and head in the opposite direction lights blazing, sirens going to pull me over for tint?? I mean comon...

I have never been pulled over so much in the past 2 years, then I have this week! I just got pulled over again by a cop( a nasty one with windshield percentages and technical data) who pulled me over a few months ago.. They have all let me go because of my father and all which is nice. I do appreciate it and all, but i just dont know whats going on lately.

This one cop today got so technical that when he walked away and said "have a nice day" to me my big son goes "mom, what the heck did he just say?". I honestly couldnt even answer him! I felt like mish mosh in my brain after that. I think this special one today needs some "relief". Hope he gets it ..

I just needed to vent, im sorry for going on and on.
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Let's see cute girl, nice car, yeah if I'm a cop I'd pull ya over too (at least to find out if you're married).
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:07 PM
Contributors

What the hell???

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I got pulled over for my tint, asked for my license and all that. He came back to my car and said "Have a nice day!" and just drove off... he didnt even give me a ticket. so I was like "What the hell just happened?"

Oh well.
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Its annoying, but as long as they let you go without a ticket. I'd take that any day.
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='958597' date='Jul 29 2009, 05:07 PM
What the hell???

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I got pulled over for my tint, asked for my license and all that. He came back to my car and said "Have a nice day!" and just drove off... he didnt even give me a ticket. so I was like "What the hell just happened?"

Oh well.
maybe he got another call?? ive had that happen too.. sometimes something bigger comes along and they jet.. lucky for you right..

and i wasnt even wearing my wedding rings today.. haha
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='958597' date='Jul 29 2009, 02:07 PM
What the hell???

Oh well.

Maybe he thought you were a cute girl too? j/k
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:14 PM
Contributors

From: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='958602' date='Jul 29 2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe he thought you were a cute girl too? j/k
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Two words... revenue generation.
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Interesting to say the least (on multiple counts). First, your father is apparently a person of considerable influence in and around where you live, and it is always nice to be able to rely upon that, however, understandably, I know that it can get tiresome.

Second: I know here in MI, there are specific rules governing tint (I'm sure there are similar rules in NY as well). Here they are very specific about the darkness of the tint as well as the requirement that the top x" of each window need to be tint free (few rarely are).

Look at it from the perspective of the cops, they can't tell who is driving or what is going on behind tinted windows.

Did you have the windows tinted to not exceed the requirements imposed by the State?
Old 07-29-2009 | 01:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by one4thethumb' post='958609' date='Jul 29 2009, 02:16 PM
Interesting to say the least (on multiple counts). First, your father is apparently a person of considerable influence in and around where you live, and it is always nice to be able to rely upon that, however, understandably, I know that it can get tiresome.

Second: I know here in MI, there are specific rules governing tint (I'm sure there are similar rules in NY as well). Here they are very specific about the darkness of the tint as well as the requirement that the top x" of each window need to be tint free (few rarely are).

Look at it from the perspective of the cops, they can't tell who is driving or what is going on behind tinted windows.

Did you have the windows tinted to not exceed the requirements imposed by the State?

Mel lives in New York, so I know when lived there they give the cops a smaller version of their badge for family members. A friend gave me one (he was a det.) and basically if you show it to an NYC cop they will let you go unless you are actively shooting someone at the time.

Quick Reply: I have been pulled over by cops at least 4 times