Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Hurricane Katrina

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

alright guys. here we go again.

Good Luck to everybody on the east coast of florida! the worse you've endured - hope everybody faired well.

for the ones that would like to see NBC's life feed - here ya go

http://www.nbc6.net/videostream/4639451/detail.html

also .. it was just downgraded again from a H1 to a TS - GOOD NEWS!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

hope everybody is ok :'(.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:08 AM
Contributors

amen, brother.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Unfortunately we're not done yet! They are now talking about the storm reaching category 4 before making landfall again. The poor folks in the Pensacola appear to be in the bullseye again.

Actually looking further east than Pensacola. Either way, the poor folks in the panhandle have had a rough couple of years...
Old 08-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Good luck to all. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale area for 6 years and only 1 hurricane of any magnitude passed us--very fortunate.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Contributors

Uh oh! The models are now moving even further west, with two being a direct hit on New Orleans. Guess I'll be spending my Saturday tying things down and packing the family photos if things keep going this way tomorrow...
Old 08-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

I tell you what .. i'll vote for whomever declares the Florida PanHandle (pensacola, Panama City) and the Greater New Orleans area a Dedicated Hurricane RunOff area.

Panama City is still pretty bad, and about to get hit again - i could almost plac bets on it that they will get hit @ least once this season from here on - and possibly little later than season end.

and since another storm formed on the coast of africa a few days ago .. i'm sure there is some fun awaiting us within the next 2-3 weeks possibly? I'll keep my fingers crossed that it won't ... but i'm just being realistic.

I hope everybody in Miami made it through alright .. i understand from friends & families of friends that there is still lots of areas without power - understandable. We were out of power for .. 13 days if i remember correctly, and evern over here FPL truckers are fixing stuff that went down during the days TS's & wind gusts.
Just about an hour ago we had a severe TS with gusts in the 60MPH range ... parts of the town went without power tonight here too.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Contributors

Adios folks! Cars are packed and it is time to get out of here. Trying to get a jump on what will be real chaos tomorrow. Oh the joys of living in a bowl that is below sea level! Hope to have a house and computer to come back to.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

wish you luck, kscarrol .
Old 08-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

Good Luck man. Our thoughs are with you guys. Get out of there while you still can.

Quick Reply: Hurricane Katrina