Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Hmmm I think Im banned from RF

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Eventhough I'm logged into my account there it still says posting form not available on all forums and it tells me to login.

I've got nothing against RF, heck, I gave them the image of my car to use as the E60 picture for their forum.

Oh well... I sense some jealousy perhaps.

Alan or Charlie if you read this, sending me an email would be nice letting me know what's up.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:22 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was including this site in a number of my posts, Charlie Rodero wrote me and told me that I was violating the license agreement. Looks like you did not even get the courtesy of the warning. I don't think Rudy did either. I still have my text box on RF.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Aug 5 2004, 08:08 PM
Eventhough I'm logged into my account there it still says posting form not available on all forums and it tells me to login.

I've got nothing against RF, heck, I gave them the image of my car to use as the E60 picture for their forum.

Alan or Charlie if you read this, sending me an email would be nice letting me know what's up.
First off all, Lomag... Do you really care ???
You don't need your account to post there...
Now that you've mentioned the image you allowed them to use... they will probably remove it now...
And I think you're right abut the jealousy...
the last thing you wrote... I am sure they have read this message allready...
It's good to have you here as our admin, Lomag! Don't care about those a$$clowns posting at RF...
Old 08-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Aug 5 2004, 02:08 PM

Mark, that's exactly what happens to me when I go there (it's like we're flagged as read-only members).

I was flipped to read-only status back in late May when you started a topic saying something like "Why do we bother to post here?" and in one of the many replies, I suggested moving here. (Link to that thread where the first post was deleted to 'remove' it from the board -- what a joke that software is!)

You probably remember that during that time, it was troll city over there and no moderators in sight. There was a guy there posting under different users names to make it look like he was someone else. I busted him both privately and publically by reporting the post to admins and by posting a reply to one of his "spoofed posts".

The guy started to spoof my name to make it look like his posts were mine. Since Alan or Charlie did nothing to stop him, I posted ONE message under his name to counter something he posted about me (knowing that it would be obvious as to what I was doing). Bingo, Alan shows up and does me a huge favor. He made me read-only, without warning. I think he thought I'd be upset but for me, it was great to be able to move here with so many others and not look back. Every so often, I pop over there and see the same stupid stuff going on and I just laugh. I wonder how many clickthroughs I took with me when I bolted from there -- how much money did it cost them in ad revenue? To quote the old Lone Ranger television series... "And to think, I never had a chance to thank him..."

My bet is that Alan and Charlie have seen the hit their site has taken due to so many loyalists coming over here. Your signature alone is enough to piss them off and shut you down. They gave JDN a warning about posting links to this site (probably because he's an "inner circle member" or whatever they call it) but since you and I were non-paid, they probably just decided to do some damage control and turn us off without warning.

Trust me, if you haven't already, you'll thank them for it soon!
Old 08-06-2004, 02:59 AM
JDN
Contributors

Rudy, here is Charlie Romero's (not Rodero) address. I am sure that he would like to hear from you.

charlie@roadfly.com

I am betting that alan@roadfly.com would work, too.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I never posted under my Nick I am using here over there and never used a Nick similar to my account, and I'm not banned. Allthough I am not reading their F*cked up site anymore.
Charlie and Alan, if you read this... I feel sorry for you whiners!
More than a thousand posts on this board and not a single click anymore for you guys... You should be ashamed of yourself!
Old 08-06-2004, 06:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I don't know .. it's some kind of internal attraction to that board since it was the first board I started using way back when. Just like your first car or first girl friend or first wife (lol). There's always some attraction left for some reason.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:02 AM
JDN
Contributors

Right, I go back to snipe a bit and stir the pot, but the trips are getting less frequent and I read fewer posts each trip. Sometimes I only read the top post and fly away.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

That's kind of what I found -- the place sort of sucked me in early on but once they locked me out, I started to realize that I didn't need them any more.

Now, every so often I pop in, see that nothing's changed, and laugh all the way back to this wonderful place!
Old 08-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Senior Members

I posted on RF once or twice using links to a large number of photos I had posted on another site. I immediately got a message that "post like that will be considered spam".

I posted one last message asking to see their policy regarding such posts. Since none was forth coming I concluded that the people running that site were not only ignorant but also rude and obnoxious.

I don't know how you guys put up with that crap for so long.

Glag you're here.

Quick Reply: Hmmm I think Im banned from RF