Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

HELP: Hawaii Hotels!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I love Oahu. I think I've been there like 6 times already. We're usually there with a group of 10 or so and the funnest part was renting scooters for everyone and riding all over the place. A lot easier to get around then renting a car. The only thing is, although you can, if you want to take it to Haunama Bay, it'll be a bit nerve racking with all the cars behind you trying to pass since it's a one lane highway and you're going up hill.

How long are you there James?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

James are you proposing to your girlfriend in Hawaii?!?! DON'T DO IT!! hahah...
Old 04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='861247' date='Apr 28 2009, 12:53 AM
don't forget the aloha stadium swap meet for all the little goodies and things to bring home

it's right next to pearl harbor..so try and fit both in on the same day...preferably stadium first IMO

Yes, I forgot about the Flee Market
Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Here are some pictures of some of the list I mentioned
USS ARIZONA
[attachment=100724SC01181.JPG]
Hanauma Bay
[attachment=100725SC01211.JPG]
At Polynesian Cusltural Center
[attachment=100726SC01223.JPG]
North Shore - surfer waiting for a swell
[attachment=100727SC01277.JPG]
On top of Diamond Head
[attachment=100728SC01330.JPG]
Waikiki Beach
[attachment=100729SC01390.JPG]
Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

------Double post--------
Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='861247
My brief stint for a 3 day business trip we stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu...the Ali tower has the nicest private pool bar area its a perfect unobstructed view of the main pool, beach area where is a picture..well on the link on the main paige you'll see the pics changeits the one of the pool overlooking the beach very nice! View Pic

I just read below they're doing construction..check in see on all hotels
That place looks pretty nice, rates are reasonable.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='861464
James are you proposing to your girlfriend in Hawaii?!?! DON'T DO IT!! hahah...
No way, Far from it. I can't get married. I'll miss the Coffee shops...

Al, Very nice pics. I'm getting more excited.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

i got two of the best hotels for you right on the beach:

Moana Surfrider Hotel on Kalakaua Blvd or

The Royal Hawaiian Hotel (the pink beach front property), both are a bit on the pricier side but definately worth it. Two of the most beautiful and historic hotels in Waikiki (and both been renovated several times). Both hotels have been there since the Hawaiian Monarchy.

As for the scenery, when you are done with the Arizona Mem./Flee Market, drive east on H3 freeway to Kaneohe. This is the most picturesque drive on Oahu. You are literally driving right alongside the Koolau Mountain range. you just might be lucky enough to see a few waterfalls from these green and lush towering mountains. as soon as you exit the tunnel, your immediate view will be overlooking the city of Kaneohe/Kailua Bay.

Your next stop should be Pali Lookout at Nuuanu (scenic lookout to Kaneohe and Kailua). It can be soooo windy up there that legend has it people tried jumping off the cliff (idiots try to commit suicide) only to be lifted back over.

enjoy your stay there (i'm sure you will) and tell the locals "howzit brah!" and wave the shaka sign frequently!! haha
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Uzzle' post='860785' date='Apr 27 2009, 05:42 PM
I'm going to Hawaii with my girl in the end of July, her bday gift to me. I was looking for hotels and it's either between Outrigger on the beach in Waikiki or Waikiki Parc Hotel. Both look very nice and affordable, I just want an ocean view front or at least something on the beach or close to it. This is my first time going so I'm not sure what to expect but maybe some of you guys can help me out. Has anyone here been to the hotels if not recommend me one! Thanks!

Outrigger Waikiki on the beach
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-322585-act...yzyPLFuLgziphQB

Waikiki Parc Hotel
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-343849-act...yzyPLFuLgziphQB
I can vouch for the Outrigger. I have been there and even the "city view" rooms have a side view of the ocean. It sits right next to the "Royal Hawaiian hotel (that famous, pink hotel) and you get to sunbathe among the Royal Hawaiian guests for a fraction of the cost. The Outrigger is central to everything along Waikiki beach and it's located right across the "International Market Place, a great open air market where you can haggle with the vendors on anything from Hawaiian shirts to trinkets. Great hotel at reasonable prices. Don't forget to hit their bar. Great, generous drinks. Have fun.

HELP: Hawaii Hotels!-hawaii0009.jpg
View from "City view" room (left side of balcony)

HELP: Hawaii Hotels!-outside.jpg
View of the hotel from the beach

HELP: Hawaii Hotels!-view_at_night.jpg
View at night (right side of balcony)

HELP: Hawaii Hotels!-view_from_front.jpg
View of famous Diamond Head from the beach front of Outrigger
Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i White/Black Sport

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='864617' date='Apr 30 2009, 06:23 PM
I can vouch for the Outrigger. I have been there and even the "city view" rooms have a side view of the ocean. It sits right next to the "Royal Hawaiian hotel (that famous, pink hotel) and you get to sunbathe among the Royal Hawaiian guests for a fraction of the cost. The Outrigger is central to everything along Waikiki beach and it's located right across the "International Market Place, a great open air market where you can haggle with the vendors on anything from Hawaiian shirts to trinkets. Great hotel at reasonable prices. Don't forget to hit their bar. Great, generous drinks. Have fun.

Attachment 78331
View from "City view" room (left side of balcony)

Attachment 78332
View of the hotel from the beach

Attachment 78333
View at night (right side of balcony)

Attachment 78334
View of famous Diamond Head from the beach front of Outrigger
Circular restaurant in the night pic is the Top of Waikiki; food ok, rotates for 360 degree view.
Friday nights has fireworks at approx. 7:30 pm from the Hilton. Great view from restaurant and beach fronting Outrigger. Having a sunset dinner at the Ocean restaurant in the Outrigger or any beachfront restaurant/lounge is a must. Sunsets @ approx. 6:30.

Ala Moana Shopping center has two restaurants with great views. Neiman Marcus and
Longhi's (Breakfast is great!)

If you like local food in Waikiki, pork chops, kim chee fried rice, soy beans and beer, try the Chart House (Lounge area, restaurant kinda pricey) between the Ilikai and Prince Hotel. Also, top of the Ilikai has Sarrentos with a nice view menu.

Grabbing a local bento or plate lunch and eating on the beach is a must. You don't even have to get out of the car, cheap eats with a view. Base of Diamond Head has nice parking with view.

Arizona memorial also has the USS Missouri docked nearby. Alpha and Omega of WWII.
Scooters look like fun but are kinda dangerous/stressful for some. The Segues around Waikiki look safer and fun also.

Time flies when you're having fun.
Enjoy your vacation!

If you want more "cheap eats" around the island, pm me. Aloha
Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Contributors

Knowing that this trip is going to be expensive. Cheap eats only makes my trip better. Thanks again for everyones helping info!