Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Help with a computer virus or something!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by melimel
okay so IE your speaking of is internet explorer?? Why is it bad? or old?.. Im illiterate when it comes to this.. Should I get rid of it and get google chrome?? I have no clue.. I can barely click on anything cause I STILL get this fucking pop up redirecting me.. I scanned yesterday and although it said it found 3 "trojan horses" and it seemed better for the moment. Its back, with a-friggen-vengance.. If I click "post reply" it opens another page. Joes starting to think its something with fios in the house, lolol.. I dont know about that one..

Yes Mel, Chrome is way better. It's faster for one thing, and it's more secure. Microsoft always has to come out with patches for IE to close gaping holes in their security. Whether you choose Chrome or Firefox you'll be way better off, both are free to download and use

Was Michael able to log into your computer?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Hey Mel

I should have some free time later this afternoon. Things are hectic.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by pjinca
Yes Mel, Chrome is way better. It's faster for one thing, and it's more secure. Microsoft always has to come out with patches for IE to close gaping holes in their security. Whether you choose Chrome or Firefox you'll be way better off, both are free to download and use

Was Michael able to log into your computer?
no, he was busy yesterday.. I just logged on now, hes on AIM.. so I guess when hes free. I wont bother him since hes helping me.

John,its ridiculous, im ready to throw it in the garbage. I cant move around anywhere. Any click brings this shit up. Im just disgusted with it to be honest. I dont know if this happened cause of somewhere my kids went..? My little one plays wizard101 alot, and sometimes clicks on things and probably doesnt know what hes doing, so thats how this probably happened. I just cant believe all the stupid shit ive downloaded cant get rid of it for good.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Contributors

no, he was busy yesterday.. I just logged on now, hes on AIM.. so I guess when hes free. I wont bother him since hes helping me.

John,its ridiculous, im ready to throw it in the garbage. I cant move around anywhere. Any click brings this shit up. Im just disgusted with it to be honest. I dont know if this happened cause of somewhere my kids went..? My little one plays wizard101 alot, and sometimes clicks on things and probably doesnt know what hes doing, so thats how this probably happened. I just cant believe all the stupid shit ive downloaded cant get rid of it for good.

here Mel, start with this: MS Mal Tool it's simple but can be effective

I've also had success with this: Rising AV For a free anti-virus it's pretty effective and since it's not as common as AVG, Norton, McAfee or the others, I trust it a little better. Plus it's nowhere near the resource hog of the others
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Which are the names of the trojan horses?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman
Which are the names of the trojan horses?

Lubricated and warming lube?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Thanks John, I'll try them...
The Trojans are called "ride em cowboy" and "yeehaw". And "save a horse ride a cowboy".
Old 02-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

i have time right now mel!! go on AIM
Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Mel:

Once you disable and remove the Trojan Horses, download Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and use either in lieu of Internet Explorer. You'll be much better off. Also, you may wish to more closely monitor where the youngster's been (innocently of course) in his Internet travels, and set up some blocking software, so that he can only go certain places.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Contributors

Mel,

Take your own advice, throw that POS out and by an Apple, we're happy to take you into our Safari family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Help with a computer virus or something!!