Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Heading to Europe for a 2month Backpack!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Just thought i'd post and fill everyone in on my little vacation i have planned for the summer. I have taken a hiatis from my business and am going to be travelling Europe for the summer, and thought i'd share as i know there is a great number of people on here from Europe.

Leaving June 21st, and flying into Amsterdam, the gf and myself are going to backpack through Amsterdam, France, Switzerland,Croatia, Greece, Italy and ending in Spain... Too many stops along the way to list, thats thats jist! My gf is flying out of Madrid in mid-july, which at that time i am going to continue my journey solo through the rest of europe (Hungary, Poland, Austria, Germany, London) and then flying home mid-august.

I have been planning on going on this trip for quite some time, and never had the chance to go as work was always a conflict. Well now im saying Fuck it and going!!! Any comments or travel tips are appreciated.....but i just wanted to share!!

Cheers,
Old 06-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
Hey all,

Just thought i'd post and fill everyone in on my little vacation i have planned for the summer. I have taken a hiatis from my business and am going to be travelling Europe for the summer, and thought i'd share as i know there is a great number of people on here from Europe.

Leaving June 21st, and flying into Amsterdam, the gf and myself are going to backpack through Amsterdam, France, Switzerland,Croatia, Greece, Italy and ending in Spain... Too many stops along the way to list, thats thats jist! My gf is flying out of Madrid in mid-july, which at that time i am going to continue my journey solo through the rest of europe (Hungary, Poland, Austria, Germany, London) and then flying home mid-august.

I have been planning on going on this trip for quite some time, and never had the chance to go as work was always a conflict. Well now im saying Fuck it and going!!! Any comments or travel tips are appreciated.....but i just wanted to share!!

Cheers,
I did that after college -- 17 years ago. Jesus, I'm old. Hahahaha! Have a great time. There are some great Hostels over there to hook up with many fine ladies. Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
Hey all,

Cheers,
Sounds like fun. I wish I could take off work and do that. Enjoy your vacation!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
I did that after college -- 17 years ago. Jesus, I'm old. Hahahaha! Have a great time. There are some great Hostiles over there to hook up with many fine ladies. Enjoy!
17? That's nothing, mine was 25 years ago. Man, the dollar was so strong, almost on par with the pound. Things were cheap for us spoiled American college kids, and the continent was crawling with them.

Have a great trip, you will love it. Get your Eurail pass and go...
Old 06-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

i took a 2 month long vaca after i finished college. too bad i was 20 years old and dirt poor it was one of the best things i ever did though...i still think about all the good times even today.
now i would concentrate less on the partying (ibiza, greek party islands) and more on the cultural things to do...if thats your thing.

for greece; dont waste your time in athens, maybe a day to take in all the architectural ruins and stuff, but after that hightail it outta there and head to the islands. u can get lots of cheapo rooms right when u walk off the boat. highly recommend renting a scooter/vespa and go exploring off the beaten path.

spain; awesome museums...MORE awesome food. ibiza for discos, mallorca for big-time baller stuff. madrid and barcelona are good...valencia, sevilla, san sebastian, and toledo are better.

concentrate on being a traveler, NOT a tourist; if youre surrounded by people wearing shorts with socks...youre in the wrong areas. LOL

lastly; enjoy yourself!!! dont let the small stuff ruin your day. its a rare opportunity, take in the memories.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by kscarrol
17? That's nothing, mine was 25 years ago. Man, the dollar was so strong, almost on par with the pound. Things were cheap for us spoiled American college kids, and the continent was crawling with them.

Have a great trip, you will love it. Get your Eurail pass and go...
Jesus Christ, you're old! I didn't think BMW sold cars to people that old.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
I did that after college -- 17 years ago. Jesus, I'm old. Hahahaha! Have a great time. There are some great Hostels over there to hook up with many fine ladies. Enjoy!
Yeah i was going to do this right after college.. but i waited a few years and worked in my business. Now at 24... im going!!!! And of course you mean Fine Lady friends once the gf has gone home!!! ahahahah

Originally Posted by pipper
i took a 2 month long vaca after i finished college. too bad i was 20 years old and dirt poor it was one of the best things i ever did though...i still think about all the good times even today.
now i would concentrate less on the partying (ibiza, greek party islands) and more on the cultural things to do...if thats your thing.

for greece; dont waste your time in athens, maybe a day to take in all the architectural ruins and stuff, but after that hightail it outta there and head to the islands. u can get lots of cheapo rooms right when u walk off the boat. highly recommend renting a scooter/vespa and go exploring off the beaten path.

spain; awesome museums...MORE awesome food. ibiza for discos, mallorca for big-time baller stuff. madrid and barcelona are good...valencia, sevilla, san sebastian, and toledo are better.

concentrate on being a traveler, NOT a tourist; if youre surrounded by people wearing shorts with socks...youre in the wrong areas. LOL

lastly; enjoy yourself!!! dont let the small stuff ruin your day. its a rare opportunity, take in the memories.
Thanks for the advice man! Forsure going to hit Ibiza and the Greek Islands (pink palace)... really excited for that! I hear Guetta spins every Saturday night in Ibiza in the summers..!!!

Great adivce man! Thanks alot... ill remember the socks tip!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Originally Posted by pipper
go exploring off the beaten path.

Two very good pieces of advice.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

Man after I finish college I am planning on doing the same with a couple of friends. One of my friends just got back from his backpacking trip, he went to Greece, Spain, Holland and I believe Amsterdam. He said it was the best fun he ever had!
I wish you luck on your trip and don't forget to post pictures of your travels .
Old 06-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

A question to you " Europeans " -- No pun intended... lol

Is the Eurorail pass the best way to go as far as travelling? I am planning on taking a few last min. flights through ryanair but was wondering your experience with these trains and travelling from country to country

Amsterdam to France
France to Switzerlan
Switzerland to Croatia
Croatia to Greece
Greece to Italy
Italy to Spain

GF flies out of Madrid mid-july then im going to
Hungary
Poland
Germany
London?