Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Happy 4th of July

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010 | 05:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Wonder what our Founding Fathers would think, as we celebrate Independence Day in America, of our nation's current philosophy that "Big Government will solve all of our problems..."?

We are 1 liberal vote away from our government banning guns
The Federal Government magically has more power than the States
We are bankrupt
We are printing money as fast as we can
The Folks believe, more than ever, that Government will take care of all of their problems

I better stop here and get down town to check in and see what the government can do for me today...

Happy 4th!!!
Old 07-03-2010 | 05:53 AM
A90
Members

To get in an even more depressing mood

Old 07-03-2010 | 07:03 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by juris335
Wonder what our Founding Fathers would think, as we celebrate Independence Day in America, of our nation's current philosophy that "Big Government will solve all of our problems..."?

We are bankrupt
The Folks believe, more than ever, that Government will take care of all of their problems

I better stop here and get down town to check in and see what the government can do for me today...

Happy 4th!!!
...once it starts it doesn't end...
Old 07-03-2010 | 07:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545i loaded!

It makes my job a little harder to justify sometimes, but then I see some of the people who we are helping and it makes my problems seem very insignificant. Not everybody can save the world but it doesn hurt to try..... Happy Forth! Someone eat some hamburgers and drink a cold one for me! Hopefully I won't miss labor day weeekend too
Old 07-04-2010 | 10:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Old Glory. Long may she wave...
Attached Thumbnails Happy 4th of July-flag_bottom.jpg  
Old 07-04-2010 | 10:14 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Defy
Happy Forth! Someone eat some hamburgers and drink a cold one for me! Hopefully I won't miss labor day weeekend too
I'll do my best

BTW, its fourth
Old 07-04-2010 | 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545i loaded!

BTW, its fourth
I'm a computer guy if Microsoft doesn't fix it for me then it must be right my wife speakes better english than me and english is her second language.
Old 07-04-2010 | 10:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

happy 5th of july, that what it is in HK right now at 14.25
Old 07-05-2010 | 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by juris335

We are bankrupt

Happy 4th!!!
I don't think the Founding Fathers would be surprised by the big government versus small government debate because that debate is as old as the United States is. Indeed, the founding fathers themselves battled over the scope and power of the federal government with "big government" types represented by Alexander Hamilton and the Federalist Party and "small government" types represented by Thomas Jefferson and the Democratic Party which he founded in 1792.

I fully expect that the US will survive its current challenges just as it has survived even greater ones such as the Civil War, the Great Depression and World War II and that in 200 years in the future, Americans will be locked in the same big governemnt versus small government debate that rages today and raged at the founding of the United States.

I do agree that the ridicluous levels of debt being amassed by the former president and the current one are a long term threat to our national security.
Old 07-05-2010 | 04:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

With Obama at the helm we have a 1.6 Trillion deficit -largest in history. He has done nothing to reduce the deficit but has taken extreme measures to increase our deficit...no hope on the horizon either. With Obama as our President we have the highest unemployment rate in 27 years (7.4 when he took over 18 months ago and 9.7 now) and no hope for improvement when one looks at his "Plans". He has been President for 18 months and nothing new; no lower deficit; no lower unemployment rate.

Hope you are right that we will recover but I doubt we will ever have the economy we've had in the past good years.