Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Gumball 3000 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

So if Brett was not stopped for doing 170, why did he get towed???
Old 05-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='869583' date='May 6 2009, 02:20 AM
So if Brett was not stopped for doing 170, why did he get towed???
Not sure ...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='869365' date='May 5 2009, 07:43 PM
The yellow GT3 belongs to member M5 Junky on M5board. He just bought that car from another M5board member about a month ago. Both of their M5s are currently at ASR Engineering having their stage 3 twin turbo installed.

M5 Junky found one of your videos and posted it on M5board and I when I saw your name I mentioned that there was an E60.net member with that same name and figured it was you. hahaha

Man, looking at those pictures is making me want to go put that Puma stripe down the side of my car.

This looks HOT!!

Attachment 78812

How funny is that... I saw the post just now on M5Board where M5 Junky says and I quote "little annoying but its a great shot of us and others giving it a little gas"

Haha my budddy could not stop saying ohhhh for the life of him... But how often does this happen!? Perfect timing.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Members

Hey all you Gumball lovers or as we call ourselves (I am official now) Ballers....it's Brett.

Ok....yes that was my Bugatti and yes they did impound the car. We could have out run the crown vic hwy patrol car in a heart beat, but they were going to spike the road 10 miles up. Here is the deal, apparently we blew past the off duty sargaent who radioed ahead to be waiting. The car that tagged us was sand colored, and he knew exactly where we were, so he turned the radar on just as we crowned a hill and too late to slow down. The hill was very slight cause we were running fast only on open straights and no real traffic...notwithstanding the sarg, who we past going maybe 110 or so. Still fast, but not insane. So I am with two Porcshe's, both retooled for more horses, and I am pulling away from them tipping the scale around 205 mph, when my brother yells COP!!! I jammed the brake but he shot me with the radar gun and clocked it at 171.

He pulled us all three over, demanded the keys, cuffed us and let us sit in his car for over 2 hours while they towed the cars. We went back to Flagstaff about an hour away. In the meantime, my bro called my attorney in Dallas who called one in Flagstaff, who knew the judge and a deal was consumated. We were stopped at 2:12PM and I was on the street at around 10:00PM. We called the tow company owner at home(he owns the Ford dealership in Winslow and he had the car on the showroom floor), paid him off, he let me have my car at around 11:30. We launched it back in gear and drove straight to Dallas skipping Santa Fe for the next 15 hours with no sleep, and was back in Dallas at 4:40PM.

I had to stop the race for a closing I have today and tomorrow. However, the event was everything I had hoped and so much more. From the crazy Russians and the Sheiks, to the guys who just have a love and passion for great autos, it was and is a one of a kind event. I have already reserved my spot for next year on the London to New York Gumball....hope that helps clarify things....the streets of Miami will be jammed by the time they all arrive. Truly a great group of people, from over 30 different countries.

brett
Old 05-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Sounds like one heck of a road trip. I'm just glad to hear the jail
stint was very short-lived and temporary in AZ, and that you got
your Veyron back. So what was it doing in the Ford showroom floor?

From city to city, how close did the cars stay as a pack?
Btw, who was driving the other gold Veyron?

It's unfortunate that you're not completing the rally, but other matters
are a priority at this point. But hey, you've got next year to look forward
to. I'm looking forward to more pics and videos from the trip.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='870218' date='May 6 2009, 02:12 PM
Sounds like one heck of a road trip. I'm just glad to hear the jail
stint was very short-lived and temporary in AZ, and that you got
your Veyron back. So what was it doing in the Ford showroom floor?

From city to city, how close did the cars stay as a pack?
Btw, who was driving the other gold Veyron?

It's unfortunate that you're not completing the rally, but other matters
are a priority at this point. But hey, you've got next year to look forward
to. I'm looking forward to more pics and videos from the trip.
+1

The closest thing most of us will get to this event is by living vicariously through people like you so thanks for the recap. I can only imagine how exciting this event is. Just checked my lotto ticket and I regret to say that I won't be entering next year.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I hope to run in this one day, I can only imagine how awesome it is.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Members

The other Bugatti was driven by a guy named Mustafa from Dubai. I am not sure of the connection cause the plates were Dubai plates, but it was owned by a Russian who was driving a Mclaren 722s roadster named Dmitry. He is apparently a very successful oil guy, who has strong connections in Dubai...so many of these types of people it is hard to get the straight scoop. Dmitry also had a guy from Russia driving a convert. Rolls Royce for him.

Guy from London was driving the SSC Aero. The car was a major hassle to drive and keep running. My Bugatti ran for 15 straight hours from Flagstaff to Dallas and was perfect. Outside of sitting in a racing seat the whole way, it was just amazing on the road. Sounds like a Citation X on take off every time you step on the gas.

Some guys driving a Ferrari F430 were very fast, and the orange Lambo was moving fast. Also the Porsche GT3. Heck just about everyone got a ticket somewhere along the way. The cops definitely had control over how they acted. We were stopped outside Vegas and the cop was just great. The one who tagged us near Winslow had a major chip on his shoulder. I am sure it was because we dusted his boss so bad. Oh well.

Definitely a trip I will make every year. I think next year I am going to video the whole thing and do nightly blogs...just hard to describe how amazing the event really is....

b
Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Awesome to read, thanks for the updates.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ladmadrad' post='870242' date='May 6 2009, 04:35 PM
The other Bugatti was driven by a guy named Mustafa from Dubai. I am not sure of the connection cause the plates were Dubai plates, but it was owned by a Russian who was driving a Mclaren 722s roadster named Dmitry. He is apparently a very successful oil guy, who has strong connections in Dubai...so many of these types of people it is hard to get the straight scoop. Dmitry also had a guy from Russia driving a convert. Rolls Royce for him.

Guy from London was driving the SSC Aero. The car was a major hassle to drive and keep running. My Bugatti ran for 15 straight hours from Flagstaff to Dallas and was perfect. Outside of sitting in a racing seat the whole way, it was just amazing on the road. Sounds like a Citation X on take off every time you step on the gas.

Some guys driving a Ferrari F430 were very fast, and the orange Lambo was moving fast. Also the Porsche GT3. Heck just about everyone got a ticket somewhere along the way. The cops definitely had control over how they acted. We were stopped outside Vegas and the cop was just great. The one who tagged us near Winslow had a major chip on his shoulder. I am sure it was because we dusted his boss so bad. Oh well.

Definitely a trip I will make every year. I think next year I am going to video the whole thing and do nightly blogs...just hard to describe how amazing the event really is....

b

Getting my Pinto ready for next year's race.

Quick Reply: Gumball 3000 2009