Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

"Grown Up" Watches

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

I did a quick search and found a few members who are into collecting watches and wanted to ask for some advice or references. I have this thing for vintage Omega watches. I know there are nicer or more expensive brands out there, but something about the Omegas that have always attracted my attention. The history, style, and functionality really appeal to me.

Anyways do any of you guys have good feedback/experience with a particular Omega vendor/seller that is legit? I've been really wanting an Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moon" Watch (1985 if possible).

Ive been doing some thinking for awhile, and I think its time that I liquidate a portion of my sneaker collection and finally take the plunge into watches. I've made some good "investments" and some of the shoes I originally bought for my personal collection have appreciated/maintained their value and if I do let a few pairs go I can fund a Speedy Pro.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ps I would love to view some fellow members Omega collections if you have any!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:24 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

I am a bit of a watch collector myself, but now since I just got an e60 I will spend the extra cash i do have on my baby rather than watches

Here is a few of mine i have one for everyday of the week i know that is a bit much but whatever

Usually everyday kind of thing hence the scratches

My xmas present to myself this year!

I have weird taste what can I say
Old 01-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Contributors

Invest in a good watch box first, and if Omega is a good brand, I prefer Tags though.

I have their aquaracer for $1500 and its my baby lol

Nixon and Meister make some more sleek trendy "go out in public" watches for clubbing or bars

Meister has some really nice CF looking ones too
Old 01-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1096389' date='Jan 23 2010, 05:40 PM
Hey everyone,

I did a quick search and found a few members who are into collecting watches and wanted to ask for some advice or references. I have this thing for vintage Omega watches. I know there are nicer or more expensive brands out there, but something about the Omegas that have always attracted my attention. The history, style, and functionality really appeal to me.

Anyways do any of you guys have good feedback/experience with a particular Omega vendor/seller that is legit? I've been really wanting an Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moon" Watch (1985 if possible).

Ive been doing some thinking for awhile, and I think its time that I liquidate a portion of my sneaker collection and finally take the plunge into watches. I've made some good "investments" and some of the shoes I originally bought for my personal collection have appreciated/maintained their value and if I do let a few pairs go I can fund a Speedy Pro.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ps I would love to view some fellow members Omega collections if you have any!
Go over to timezone.com and look in the omega forums...You will find plenty of information there about the brands. For vintage you might want to check on their salescorner.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Contributors

^^ check out watchuseek.com too.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1096389' date='Jan 23 2010, 02:40 PM
Any suggestions?
No experience with Omega, but you might want to try here:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...eadt&frm_id=25

It's an active watch site and this is the Omega forum. Lots of good info there.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Omega are all the watch i wear with the exception of my Rolex Submariner. My daily wear are either my Seamaster or Speedmaster. All my watches are self winding, no quarts movements for me.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Breitling.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

shitty pic, but...
"Grown Up" Watches-breitling.jpg
Old 01-24-2010, 08:32 PM