Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Got a parking ticket.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At Walmart last night to get some medicine.I was in the car and my friend went to get the medicine while waiting I guess I fell asleep for maybe 2-3 mins.

I woke up to find a parking ticket "Parked In The Firelane", and its a $125 fine. I arrived at walmart at 6PM and left at 6:06PM. I got the ticket at 6:03PM. I asked the officer who gave me the ticket why he simply did not tell me to move he tells me "I saw no one inside the car".

WTFFFF YOU LIAR! No joke your lying sir because I was in the car. Its his word against mine I know he saw me asleep and decided to make some $$$.

Should I pay the $125 fine and forget about fighting this in court? I heard court fees alone would be $100, and getting a lawyer would cost most likely more then $125.

I hate asshole cops that have nothing better to do. Why don't you chase the ricer racers that are all over town or how about you give those tailgating douches tickets?

Oh I know why, cuz you are fat lazy fucks who like to give the easy tickets.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1069601' date='Dec 7 2009, 06:50 PM
At Walmart last night to get some medicine.I was in the car and my friend went to get the medicine while waiting I guess I fell asleep for maybe 2-3 mins.

I woke up to find a parking ticket "Parked In The Firelane", and its a $125 fine. I arrived at walmart at 6PM and left at 6:06PM. I got the ticket at 6:03PM. I asked the officer who gave me the ticket why he simply did not tell me to move he tells me "I saw no one inside the car".

WTFFFF YOU LIAR! No joke your lying sir because I was in the car. Its his word against mine I know he saw me asleep and decided to make some $$$.

Should I pay the $125 fine and forget about fighting this in court? I heard court fees alone would be $100, and getting a lawyer would cost most likely more then $125.

I hate asshole cops that have nothing better to do. Why don't you chase the ricer racers that are all over town or how about you give those tailgating douches tickets?

Oh I know why, cuz you are fat lazy fucks who like to give the easy tickets.

lol calm down i know your frustration, the first day i brought my e55 back i helped member stylezzza buy a R6 and i was parked outside for literally 10 mins and when i came out i saw a ticket..... didnt feed the meter im like wtf because it was a sunday ... but in most cases plead not guilty and write a short explaination. just say you the same story you gave here and normally they will reduce the fine..

but just wondering does it say you have to appear in court or no?
Old 12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='1069677' date='Dec 7 2009, 08:43 PM
lol calm down i know your frustration, the first day i brought my e55 back i helped member stylezzza buy a R6 and i was parked outside for literally 10 mins and when i came out i saw a ticket..... didnt feed the meter im like wtf because it was a sunday ... but in most cases plead not guilty and write a short explaination. just say you the same story you gave here and normally they will reduce the fine..

but just wondering does it say you have to appear in court or no?
Yeah Dec 29th.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1069790' date='Dec 7 2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah Dec 29th.
Oo so the ticket says you have toshow up in court hmmm.... I'm not sure on that, is that what happens when your on a firelane? Damn that sucks man, I mean the thing is you can put not guilty but you'd have to show up in court.. I'm pretty sure if you told the judge the story he/she will understand or reduce t to a parkin ticket hopefully
Old 12-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Contributors

you dont have to go to court for a fire lane ticket. period. Nowhere in NY. period. There is no such thing as reducing non-moving violations/parking tickets. there are no points involved, strictly a fine. you just pay it.

So basically there is more to the story. you are looking for advice by beating around the bush. the bush being the truth in this case.

Even if you are telling the truth... you do not have the right to park in the fire lane under the law for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER period.

period.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1069931' date='Dec 8 2009, 12:32 AM
you dont have to go to court for a fire lane ticket. period. Nowhere in NY. period. There is no such thing as reducing non-moving violations/parking tickets. there are no points involved, strictly a fine. you just pay it.

So basically there is more to the story. you are looking for advice by beating around the bush. the bush being the truth in this case.

Even if you are telling the truth... you do not have the right to park in the fire lane under the law for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER period.

period.
Kinda mad there? Lol I was just givin him some advice sone lawyers gave me normally they do reduce the fine if it's justified
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='1069938' date='Dec 8 2009, 12:36 AM
Kinda mad there? Lol I was just givin him some advice sone lawyers gave me normally they do reduce the fine if it's justified
haha. not at you. not really mad.

but nobody gets a court appearance for a fire zone ticket. ever. ever. there is more to the story. if you are going to come on here looking for advice, come clean. if there were court appearances for parking tickets, meter maids and DPS personnel would not be allowed to issue them.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Well, you'll get a court appearance if you let the ticket lapse long enough LOL but Craig is right - he should shut the EF up and quit the bitching while he's ahead. Last time I got a parking ticket was when a fvcking ticket ferry (I like calling them that, cuz it sounds gay ) was standing by my meter, waiting for it to expire. Saw me running to the meter with the quarter, but I was late by about 30 seconds - the meter went to "0:00" right in front of my eyes, I shit you not, I saw it all happen - the mofo turns around and hands me a ticket for an unpaid meter. 30 seconds - maybe less. AND he saw me running to put another quarter in. Mind you, an unpaid meter's nowhere near the severity of parking in a fire lane. Am I bitching about it? Well, maybe a little, but I paid the thing the next day and didn't try to kill any more of my time over some asshole ticket ferry's obsession for ticketing nice Bimmers... which is what I recommend to the OP
Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1070011' date='Dec 8 2009, 01:37 AM
Well, you'll get a court appearance if you let the ticket lapse long enough LOL but Craig is right - he should shut the EF up and quit the bitching while he's ahead. Last time I got a parking ticket was when a fvcking ticket ferry (I like calling them that, cuz it sounds gay ) was standing by my meter, waiting for it to expire. Saw me running to the meter with the quarter, but I was late by about 30 seconds - the meter went to "0:00" right in front of my eyes, I shit you not, I saw it all happen - the mofo turns around and hands me a ticket for an unpaid meter. 30 seconds - maybe less. AND he saw me running to put another quarter in. Mind you, an unpaid meter's nowhere near the severity of parking in a fire lane. Am I bitching about it? Well, maybe a little, but I paid the thing the next day and didn't try to kill any more of my time over some asshole ticket ferry's obsession for ticketing nice Bimmers... which is what I recommend to the OP

Well first of all the ticket was given by a city police officer, not a meter maid, or ferry maid or what ever. It was a city police officer in a patrol car that gave me the ticket. When I talked to him he was doing the same thing to several other cars.

He would get out of the car note the plate/make/color issue the ticket and get back in his car and start doing it again. Its the holiday season and people are known to park at a firelane to grab something quickly.

Just some bullshit assfuck who decided what I need is a $125 fine.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1070209' date='Dec 8 2009, 10:14 AM
Well first of all the ticket was given by a city police officer, not a meter maid, or ferry maid or what ever. It was a city police officer in a patrol car that gave me the ticket. When I talked to him he was doing the same thing to several other cars.

He would get out of the car note the plate/make/color issue the ticket and get back in his car and start doing it again. Its the holiday season and people are known to park at a firelane to grab something quickly.

Just some bullshit assfuck who decided what I need is a $125 fine.
what you are failing to see here is that regardless of whether or not you think the cop is a "bullshit assfuck" or not, you broke the law, he did his job.

you are young. when I was your age i didnt always take full responsibility for my actions. one day you will. you can blame the cop all you want. at the end of the day if you had just parked where you were supposed to, your little catastrophe could have been completely averted.

Quick Reply: Got a parking ticket.....