Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Got me a Refurb Macbook al u menium

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the 13.3 2.0 80 gig etc.. it should compliment my iMac G5 and nano(no firewire).

I really wanted the Airbook but no ethernet ports and no internal cd

It should be here tomorrow, and any of you guys have case or protection stuff recommendations? Theres so many brands of cases from hard plastic to a pretty much 3M clear bra. And I havent found a external USB port that says it can charge your ipod

thanks guys
Old 03-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Here's a company that has the clear bra kind of protection

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/laptop/apple

I have this on my phone and a friend had this on his blackhawk...hahaha
Old 03-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

A Macbook user myself, I have to warn you to be careful when putting the protective covers on.
Many people have scratched their books in the process of trying to protect them!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='827177
A Macbook user myself, I have to warn you to be careful when putting the protective covers on.
Many people have scratched their books in the process of trying to protect them!

I have read that, what do you have mike?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I have a macbook aluminum also and bought the clear bra stuff too, but I got mine from www.bestskinsever.com they are way cheaper then zagg the only difference is that they don't come with warranty you should check it out I've used them for quite a few things now with no issues.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by cleung' post='827227' date='Mar 26 2009, 11:44 AM
I have a macbook aluminum also and bought the clear bra stuff too, but I got mine from www.bestskinsever.com they are way cheaper then zagg the only difference is that they don't come with warranty you should check it out I've used them for quite a few things now with no issues.
If it means anything, a friend of mine had to use the warranty on the Zagg for his iPhone they replaced his for just the shipping cost. (FYI don't use sharp objects to test the skin, it's tough but you can cut it!)
Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='827177' date='Mar 26 2009, 03:42 PM
Here's a company that has the clear bra kind of protection

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/laptop/apple

I have this on my phone and a friend had this on his blackhawk...hahaha
Yup, have this too on my iPhone and my MacBook air.
Difference between this stuff and the cheap stuff is the thickness. The cheap crap comes off really easily, this just stays on forever. (I have it on my 3G since i got it on iPhone release (11th of july last year), no scratches whatsover, not even a corner came loose). Feels much better too.
So, i can recommend the InvisibleShield too
Old 03-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

Ordered film even got a little discount , pm me for details!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

I had the invisible shield (the one from zagg) on my iphone 3g and it was great protection. Although it was simply a paint to properly fit the corners of the skin. I simply cut them out cuz whatever i did (maybe used too much lube) it didn't stay in place or it didn't fit properly. There were however a few places remained unprotected (like a slim portion of the aluminum contour of the screen).

THen i accidentally dropped the phone when an idiot hit my hand and i dropped in on the street (pure concrete) and it survived without a scratch EXCEPT (Murphy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) the little aluminum contour of the screen which got some little dings. But overall the shield did it's job well. Nothing else was damaged, except for the shield in many places especially on the back. After that i took it off since it was dented (the shield) and it felt ugly.

But when i'll buy my MBP i will for sure purchase an invisible shield also for it.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:58 AM
Senior Members

I got the Shield yesterday and Installed, It wasnt hard mostly a pain. The template they give you is a lil bigger for instance around the mouse pad area its 3/16 too thick and then that same piece has the sides that up along to the power button and the speaker on the left. They should have made it a 4 piece set instead of one huge one. The front and back were easy, they gave pieces for the sides but they didnt look like they fit. I didnt get every bubble out but its close, Overall a nice addition for Scratch Protection.