Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Got into a little race opportunity.... With a cop behind me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on my way out on friday and i was sitting next to a mustang at a red light. it was 3 lanes, fairly quiet, we were in front. it was an opportunity to do a little 1st and 2nd gear run. nothing crazy. i looked over at him as i swtiched DTC off, hoping he would see me look, because my car doesnt neccessarily look like it is conducive to racing. his car is a fox body (87-93) mustang, it has weld rims and primer paint. sounds pretty good. we race off... hit about 50 or so, let off, all of a sudden i realize the car behind me is coming up on my ass really quick with, you guessed it, flashing blues. i was like "fuck me, this fucking sucks". he turns his lights off, cuts over two lanes and pulls the guy in the mustang over, who at this point is ahead of me, because i was slowing down to make a left onto the interstate anyway. well, i pass by, cop didnt even give me a second look, but you can bet the guy in the mustang was staring me down bigtime. oh well.

i thought it was slightly humorous, although i feel a little bad for the other guy. wanted to share
Old 04-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Contributors

You got lucky ... consider it a gift, next time might not play out for you!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='837087' date='Apr 5 2009, 02:43 PM
I was on my way out on friday and i was sitting next to a mustang at a red light. it was 3 lanes, fairly quiet, we were in front. it was an opportunity to do a little 1st and 2nd gear run. nothing crazy. i looked over at him as i swtiched DTC off, hoping he would see me look, because my car doesnt neccessarily look like it is conducive to racing. his car is a fox body (87-93) mustang, it has weld rims and primer paint. sounds pretty good. we race off... hit about 50 or so, let off, all of a sudden i realize the car behind me is coming up on my ass really quick with, you guessed it, flashing blues. i was like "fuck me, this fucking sucks". he turns his lights off, cuts over two lanes and pulls the guy in the mustang over, who at this point is ahead of me, because i was slowing down to make a left onto the interstate anyway. well, i pass by, cop didnt even give me a second look, but you can bet the guy in the mustang was staring me down bigtime. oh well.

i thought it was slightly humorous, although i feel a little bad for the other guy. wanted to share
Hahahahahahahaha.
That sucks for him. Probably went after the Mustang because he probably thought he could hand out a bigger ticket.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

You got lucky this time man! Be careful out there...I got pulled over once for this here in Chicago (a long time ago) and the guy wanted to arrest me for reckless driving, drag racing, no front plate, fog lights the wrong color...you name it. He ended up just giving me a speeding ticket, but it all depends on what the guys mood is. Scared the CRAP out of me.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='837093
You got lucky this time man! Be careful out there...I got pulled over once for this here in Chicago (a long time ago) and the guy wanted to arrest me for reckless driving, drag racing, no front plate, fog lights the wrong color...you name it. He ended up just giving me a speeding ticket, but it all depends on what the guys mood is. Scared the CRAP out of me.
was this in the city limits or burbs? We should get together for a group cruise...
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='837099' date='Apr 5 2009, 02:52 PM
yeah. i only did speed by about 5 mph. he could prob get me for drag racing, reckless driving, unsafe start. i got very lucky. clearly the other guy was driving a rolling ticket and the driver was very shady looking, and i was in the ghetto. i was trying to get from the crosstown to I-4 in tampa around MLK
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

lmao, same thing happened to me awhile back but I wasn't racing or anything I was just speeding up in a freeway when I saw this bike cop trying to catch me, I did slow down when I saw him getting close. When he was right on my tail and about to pull me over, this SUV speeds up and the cop that was going to pull me over saw him and pulled him over instead. The good old days!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Contributors

once when i was in the military, i had a soldier get pulled over for 95 in a 45 in his new 350Z. the cop saw his DOD decal on the car and flipped, made him get his unfortunate supervisor on the phone (me) and he just went off. this guy was a retired marine he was flipping out. he ended up letting him go with NOTHING and good old SPC (to remain unnamed) had to give some safety briefings to the squad and dumb stuff like that. he was a really good guy and i had never had trouble with him, and he was running late for his staff duty shift.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Contributors

...i am hijacking my own thread
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by radzM550i' post='837124' date='Apr 5 2009, 03:07 PM
lmao, same thing happened to me awhile back but I wasn't racing or anything I was just speeding up in a freeway when I saw this bike cop trying to catch me, I did slow down when I saw him getting close. When he was right on my tail and about to pull me over, this SUV speeds up and the cop that was going to pull me over saw him and pulled him over instead. The good old days!
I would've written the guy in the SUV a thank you note

Quick Reply: Got into a little race opportunity.... With a cop behind me...