Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Going to Atlantic City and Philadelphia..need tips/attractions/food

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Atlantic City and Philadelphia for 4 days. Got a gorgeous condo with spectacular views in Atlantic city but looking to spend most of the time in Philadelphia. Never been to philly nor atlantic city. Little kiddies with us so suggest good places to go, see and eat in both these cities.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Going to Atlantic City and Philadelphia for 4 days. Got a gorgeous condo with spectacular views in Atlantic city but looking to spend most of the time in Philadelphia. Never been to philly nor atlantic city. Little kiddies with us so suggest good places to go, see and eat in both these cities.
Well in AC, the only option may be the Mall on the Boardwalk, not much in terms of family/kid friendly activities really, unless you stay at a hotel and want to use the arcades or pools. There are so good restaurants though in Borgata and in Harrahs amongst others. I'll be headin down next month for a dinner event at Borgata with the chefs of there restaurants, they have well known ones, just check their site...I'd suggest you go back with your significant other to enjoy AC for gamling/dinner/shows or dancing, whatever u may like...

In Philly I'd say...don't go!!! I hate the Eagles and Phillies, what can I say, I'm from NY!!!!
But, seriously, I have enjoyed the Philidelphia Museum of Art, u know the "Rocky" stairs scene building, very nice to spend the day..and if you fancy shopping, perhaps an excursion to the King of Prussia Mall, the largest retail mall by geographic size in the US if memory serves me (though its a mall with many many stores and buildings, not a Mall under one roof so to speak).

Enjoy!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by m630
Well in AC, the only option may be the Mall on the Boardwalk, not much in terms of family/kid friendly activities really, unless you stay at a hotel and want to use the arcades or pools. There are so good restaurants though in Borgata and in Harrahs amongst others. I'll be headin down next month for a dinner event at Borgata with the chefs of there restaurants, they have well known ones, just check their site...I'd suggest you go back with your significant other to enjoy AC for gamling/dinner/shows or dancing, whatever u may like...

In Philly I'd say...don't go!!! I hate the Eagles and Phillies, what can I say, I'm from NY!!!!
But, seriously, I have enjoyed the Philidelphia Museum of Art, u know the "Rocky" stairs scene building, very nice to spend the day..and if you fancy shopping, perhaps an excursion to the King of Prussia Mall, the largest retail mall by geographic size in the US if memory serves me (though its a mall with many many stores and buildings, not a Mall under one roof so to speak).

Enjoy!
Thanks M6! I appreciate the reply. Borgata restaurants look amazing . Yes AC not good for the kids just got a good deal on a condo.. the condo is right on the boardwalk do you know of anything cool/exciting at the boardwalk?

Anymore tips for Philly? Was going to check out the museums in philly like you have suggested heard they are pretty good.... but I think we both know that NY has the best museums,teams,everything! . That mall also sounds like a good place to check out!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Contributors

Just went to Philly last weekend for 1 night and day. Went bar hopping around S. 2nd street. Mint, 32 degrees, Crocodile... etc. There's a lot of bars around that area.

Also I checked out the food places that Man V. Food went to. Like DiNic's roast pork sandwich, Franklin Fountain (Mt. Vesuvius)