Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

The friends that I've made on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

great words C.. yes steven we love you haha. thanks for all the memories guys. thank you mark especially with those comforting messages during this year.. and to eric d for his offerings. shoutouts to my musketeers (as joe called us.. but why the hell am i using that name?), everyone ive met in person or have contacted within this forum. this is a great place that starts some of the friendships we have in life.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

That's what it's all about - great C !
Old 12-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='509696' date='Dec 22 2007, 01:23 PM
When we first started hanging out, I had to explain to my other friends that I was going to meet these guys "that I met online". Sounded weird at first, but now you're just the knuckleheads Good Times!

Shout out to the boys down in SoCal that I've met (EBMCS03, Nerweezy, HollywoodT, BlackonBlackonBlack aka BooB, KnIgHtCom, kmslo530, iceman316).
Thanks for the reminder, how could I forget the SoCal guys. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the next Central Cali Meet! (Man, I gotta start posting that up soon)

BTW, so here's what a small world this really is. I met Mark (ro11dice) at our first Bay Area meet back in Oct 2005. His avatar at the time was a picture of a baby girl sitting in a kitchen sink slightly covered in bubbles. I kept looking at the picture and thought she looked sooo much like my old best girl friend from years ago whom I have lost in contact with. (Yes, true macho guys like myself can have girls as best friends.. ). Even though it was a long shot, I PM-ed Mark and told him I think I know his wife and gave him the name. His reply: Call me right now ###-###-####! HAHAHA

Oh and I should also mention she called me one time after our 2nd or 3rd Cajun Crab House dinner and gave me a half hour lecture on why I'm monopolizing all her husband's time.. Imagine if I wasn't her old best friend, I think Mark would be in the dog house. HAHAHAHA... J/K
Old 12-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='509750' date='Dec 22 2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the reminder, how could I forget the SoCal guys. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the next Central Cali Meet! (Man, I gotta start posting that up soon)

BTW, so here's what a small world this really is. I met Mark at our first Bay Area meet back in Oct 2005. His avatar at the time was a picture of a baby girl sitting in a kitchen sink slightly covered in bubbles. I kept looking at the picture and thought she looked sooo much like my old best girl friend from years ago whom I have lost in contact with. (Yes, true macho guys like myself can have girls as best friends.. ). Even though it was a long shot, I PM-ed Mark and told him I think I know his wife and gave him the name. His reply: Call me right now ###-###-####! HAHAHA

Oh and I should also mention she called me one time after our 2nd or 3rd Cajun Crab House dinner and gave me a half hour lecture on why I'm monopolizing all her husband's time.. Imagine if I wasn't her old best friend, I think Mark would be in the dog house. HAHAHAHA... J/K
That's a really crazy story and shows what a small world we live in.

It's like when freed0m and Torquey5 found out they are brothers, seperated at birth, but reunited when they met each other on this forum.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Hey, how about me? I'm cool......
Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

This board really is a "diamond in the rough" when it comes to internet forums. The quality of people here is evident in the civility of the posts and the way we all strive to help each other out with questions or problems. Sure, there are other BMW enthusiast boards out there but to me, at least for the E6x models, there's simply no comparison to this place.

The fact that so many of you folks have developed such meaninful friendships through various meets and get-togethers just goes to prove how amazing this place has become over the years.

Although I've only met a couple members in person, I can honestly say that my closest friend here is someone I never met and never will get to meet. Here's to the memory of our good friend, JDN...

http://www.e60.net/jdn/

The friends that I've made on this forum-jim_nicholson.jpg

We miss you buddy!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Amen!

Happy Holidays JDN. You'll always be in our memory even beyond this forum.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='509756' date='Dec 22 2007, 08:28 PM
That's a really crazy story and shows what a small world we live in.

It's like when freed0m and Torquey5 found out they are brothers, seperated at birth, but reunited when they met each other on this forum.

Yes I do remember that, but I found out a very disturbing side to him and have been trying to run away from him ever since.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Contributors

Calton,
It's very touchy to hear those words from you before holidays. However, I'd like to add some words of my own.
I used to be very isolated from people and also arrogant until I met this group here, and it's a big special thanks to ECF, aka Tony. I'm more open and my personality has been changed a lot in a good way. More humble and more respectful.
Here are the guys that has affect my life as well as my personality:
Tony is a very kind person and I really respect him a lot from the bottom of my heart. He treats his friends just like his own family members, and I rarely see any friend like this.
Freed0m is a very successful man in his career, and I've learnt so much from him via IM, not in person . I've applied it to my job and I found very helpful. It's an invaluable education for me. I also consider him as my mentor and I never told him sold If he reads this line, he'll be up in the air
Others are nobody : J/K
They're all great friends and what I've learnt from them is courteous and professionalism. All and all, I do respect all this guys, and I consider my good friends.

About this board,
I found myself stupid when I made a comment about Bush. Please don't search, but I do know what I said. Yes, it was stupid to say in my first comment, and I will never say it again in my life. I admit my mistake and I do apologize to anyone who objects it and to our President Bush.
Besides that, I like this board very much, and it's my primary forum that I cannot get away from it for more than 2 days since I join. I'd like to thank Mark and Dave who have created this board years back and keep it rolling.
Also thanks to Rudy and Iceman for keeping this board under control.

Anyhew, I'd like to wish all of you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

All the best,
Fred
Old 12-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Thanks for the kind words Fred. You guys ARE like family. Most of you have met my wife and son and have also been to my house. I always live my life by the Golden Rule and treat people like how I would like to be treated. Your friendships mean a lot to me and my family.

I hope other members are as fortunate as us to find such good friendships on this board.

Okay, that's enough mushiness....too many Remy and Cokes tonight. hahaha

Quick Reply: The friends that I've made on this forum