Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

The friends that I've made on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

A bunch of you know me in person, but I wanted to point out a select group of members on this forum who have become very close friends of mine since I joined. Since joining this forum in late 2005 (I re-registered under cmansbimmer in Feb 2006 and stuck with that instead), I have had the opportunity to meet some great folks, both on the east coast and on the west coast. The ones on the west coast however, have become very close to me. They have come to NY to visit me and I've gone out west to visit them. Right around this time last year, we had our first dinner together at the Cajun Crab House in San Jose. Every month that I was in San Francisco for work, I would put a night aside to spend time with these guys. They made me feel very welcome and a part of their group. We would talk about our cars, lives, work, marriage, kids and whatever else interested us. We had such a great time hanging out, that it became a tradition (as many of you know, there are countless threads about the Cajun Crab House). Who knew what this would turn into. Everyone always says they should do things like this more often, but it rarely happens. However, we in fact did this every time I was in town, which turned out to be every month. Outside of the forum, all of us talk on email pretty much daily as a group too. It's really cool.

As we look back at this past year and look ahead to 2008, which is almost upon us, I wanted to give a shout out to 6 members on this forum that have not only helped me with my car over the last 2+ years, but have become good friends of mine. These individuals are: Torquey5 (Dan), freed0m(Van), my530i(Fred), vegastrashed(Joe), Eurocarfan (Tony) and ro11dice(Mark).

If any of you ever have the opportunity to meet these individuals, do it! Not only are they very knowledgable when it comes to BMW...and Mercedes , but they are great people and great friends. They also know how to have a good time too.

Gents - I look forward to seeing all of you in 2 weeks, when I visit SF once again. And thanks again for being such great friends in 2007. I look forward to seeing you fella's a lot more in 2008 and for years to come!

/C
Old 12-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

I'm tearing up as I read this....

Correction: First CCH was sometime in April 07. I didn't start working in Bay Area until March 07. Get the facts straight, sushi roll.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Nice touch C , I'm sure these guys appreciate all your support and laughs as well ..... have a good one !

Cheers
Old 12-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='509391' date='Dec 21 2007, 08:16 PM
I'm tearing up as I read this....

Correction: First CCH was sometime in April 07. I didn't start working in Bay Area until March 07. Get the facts straight, sushi roll.

Would you like a hanky Mr. Sensitive?

Great stuff Calton, try not to hug me too hard when you're here in Jan okay?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

C, thanks for the kind words and the thoughtful reflection. The feeling is mutual. You guys have all become great friends of mine and my family. I think I interact with you guys more than my regular friends. haha

There are definitely a lot of great people on this forum and it's unfortunate that we don't all get to meet each other on a personal basis. I'm glad some of us got that opportunity and have now built life-long friendships.

Happy Holidays fellas!

Can't wait till we meet up a gain in a few weeks and just kick the shit out of each other for shits and giggles. hahahaha
Old 12-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

AlpineWhite, Nerweezy?

Where's my sad touching thread? You know you guys love me
Old 12-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

im here Steven and Nerwyll.
I'm glad I became friends with you and the rest of the guys on the e60 forum. Merry X-mas and a have a Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Despite in Europe is more difficult (different languages, different country), I knew a pair of peolpe, especially one that become a friend .

And the first time I will go to Athens/Holland I'm sure I will visit Nick/Andy .
Old 12-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the reason why our forum is great. Congrats guys,
Alex, I'm afraid that I will see you, before you manage to visit Athens on my way to Paris ... on April
Old 12-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Contributors

When we first started hanging out, I had to explain to my other friends that I was going to meet these guys "that I met online". Sounded weird at first, but now you're just the knuckleheads Good Times!

Shout out to the boys down in SoCal that I've met (EBMCS03, Nerweezy, HollywoodT, BlackonBlackonBlack aka BooB, KnIgHtCom, kmslo530, iceman316).

Quick Reply: The friends that I've made on this forum