Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Found out a close family member has cancer

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Vlad, good that you're nearby, willing and able to provide support.

Remember to take care of yourself too ... I've been in similar situations during the past few years and you shouldn't underestimate the emotional burden placed on a care-giver.

Keep on keepin on!
Right on, Brother! Thanks for the support! I know it won't be easy - its not supposed to. I only aim to make it better as much as I can, and as for those things that are not up to us, humans - I know God will make all things right in the end. I know that the most important thing is to conquer all fear and stay up, no matter what comes.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

A to the men brother!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Whatever the case, I just wanted to remind you guys how important it is to stay healthy, eat healthy and look after yourself. Life is so fucking fragile and so fucking amazing at the same time... there's no time to spend arguing and nagging and bickering and whatnot - just enjoy every second of it. Hug your families and do something nice today, for me, please, ok

I love optimism!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend. At least it is comforting to know that the surgery will take care of it. My brother has leukemia and currently on remission (a couple of times) but because of his positive and contagious attitude, it eases the stress we all go through. Remain strong for your friend and his family in this time of need and life will comeback to normalcy or, even better
Old 03-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

unfortunately, i currently know about this topic wayyyy too much. be thankful that its minor and treatable. MSK is the best in NY, my godfather was treated there for 11 years and they were awesome. my mom's present doctor(s) are all alumni of MSK and its ridiculous how good they are compared to her previous docs.
choosing the right doc is VERY important, and it doesnt get much better than MSK in ny.

in your case it might not be important (since its minor, ie; stage I or II), but reading all you can about whatever he has is important so you can discuss things with the docs.
csn.cancer.org is a wonderful resource. their forums have taught me so much and im eternally grateful for finding that place. i know more about cancer drugs than i ever thought (or wanted) to know.
peace.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

I'm so sorry to hear the news vlad... you and your family are in my family's prayers.

Last year one of my best friends was diagnosed with cancer in his senior year of high school. After having underwent unrelated heart surgery just a few years earlier, you can only imagine how horrific news of yet another illness was. Thankfully after a year of treatment he was 100% healthy and I pray the same may occur to your family member.

Stay strong bro and you'll be alright. From this thread it's pretty obvious that you have people all over the place who care about you

MP
Old 03-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

So sorry to hear that V, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family member. Hope all get's resolved soon. It's good that your optimistic, always keep a positive attitude

God Bless

-Marc
Old 03-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

So sorry to hear that vald i hope everything will be ok! you just got to think of the positive and when your relative gets better they will appreciate life more than anyone else and we can all learn from that I hope all is well, keep me updated!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

Hey Vlad. Sorry to hear about this. It sounds as though he has every reason to be optimistic, which is good. That said, it's still a scary diagnosis. The main thing I would suggest is that if he wants to talk about it, let him talk. He may feel like he needs to be strong for his wife, but still need an outlet for his questions and concerns. You don't have to know what to say. Just listen and do the things you can to help with the day to day (which it sounds like you are). That's about as much as anyone can do. And hope for the very best outcome. We can help with that
Old 03-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

always stay positive!!! That's the most important for everything

Quick Reply: Found out a close family member has cancer