Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

First accident today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was headed home to get some food. The plan was to eat something light and go for a run before I headed back to work. Normally when I do this, I drive my car home and take the truck. So I am about half a mile from my sub-division and I see that the road beyond my turn is blocked off. They are doing some major road re-construction. Phoenix and building more and more houses I guess. So before the turn I go into the center lane, out of habit. I watch as someone thinks they can turn left, even though there are huge barricades saying "NO!." Well, they get the hint and then proceed to turn right... right into my rear quarter panels. Since she went out a little, she was way to wide to make the turn properly. Ok, so accidents happen, this is just my first one, PERIOD! So we are sitting in the middle of the street and I motion for her to drive 10 feet into the dirt, so we're out of traffic. Well I get out and almost drop from the scraped, scratched rear driver side of my car. She offers me $500 on the spot, but she didn't have it on her. Nor did she have her license for that matter. Turns out, she doesn't have insurance either. I didn't have my phone, and she SURE didn't either, so I couldn't call for backup. Funny thing is, she lives 9 houses down from me, so I know how to get ahold of her. So I tell her "I will just meet you at your house." This of course is when I find out the news about the license and insurance. She then proceeded to offer me $1000 this Friday and in two weeks. I just laughed and walked away with her name and phone number. I also got her license plate number and address for the insurance. Well anyway, I am going to call the police in a few and have them meet me at her house to do the report. Wonder how it will go.

Boy is that a bad day.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:18 PM
JDN
Contributors

Witnesses?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JDN' post='292990' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:18 PM
Witnesses?
None, I can always claim it as a hit-and-run if she denies it.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it, mate. People nowadays in Bay Area, especially, in San Jose CA, driving without insurance. There are too many hit and run case that I've know of from friends.
What happen if she tried to seduce you when you're at her house
Sorry I cannot control myself
Old 06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by my530i' post='293023' date='Jun 6 2006, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear it, mate. People nowadays in Bay Area, especially, in San Jose CA, driving without insurance. There are too many hit and run case that I've know of from friends.
What happen if she tried to seduce you when you're at her house
Sorry I cannot control myself
Then you may take whatever she's offering you

and then file for a hit and run report
Old 06-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='293028' date='Jun 5 2006, 09:26 PM
Then you may take whatever she's offering you
and then file for a hit and run report

for that matter i pay for your car and let me deal with her. Hey! i am just kidding! i am just kidding seriously
Old 06-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='292978' date='Jun 6 2006, 02:22 AM
Turns out, she doesn't have insurance either.
Don't know how it works where you are, but over here - you just make a claim with your insurers and they decide if they want to pursue the other party for their costs.

In the UK driving without insurance is VERY BAD. Fine of up to ?5000, 6-8 points and a possible ban.

The government are now looking at introducing rights to seize and dispose of uninsured vehicles as well.

It's difficult, even if you completely covered your repair costs, what happens the next time - especially if someone is injured?

Seems equally difficult to involve the police when it's your neighbour - but I'm sure that's the right thing to do.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

UPDATE

Well last night the police finally showed up an hour after being called, which is pretty good. We explained what had happened earlier on in the day. He wasn't sure what all he could do regarding the situation, but I needed a report for my insurance. Well, he went down there and thankfully she accounted for her wrongs in the accident. He explained to me later that she did not have her license stolen, like she told me, but that it was suspended. Also, her insurance has lapsed for 4 months now. She was cited a fine of $500 for the insurance, and will need to go to court regarding the suspended license. Well, now I'm out my deductible, but still have peace of mind.

BTW - She was an older lady in her 60's, so no way I would want to exchange favors
Old 06-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='293323' date='Jun 6 2006, 09:51 AM
UPDATE

Well last night the police finally showed up an hour after being called, which is pretty good. We explained what had happened earlier on in the day. He wasn't sure what all he could do regarding the situation, but I needed a report for my insurance. Well, he went down there and thankfully she accounted for her wrongs in the accident. He explained to me later that she did not have her license stolen, like she told me, but that it was suspended. Also, her insurance has lapsed for 4 months now. She was cited a fine of $500 for the insurance, and will need to go to court regarding the suspended license. Well, now I'm out my deductible, but still have peace of mind.
BTW - She was an older lady in her 60's, so no way I would want to exchange favors
no you wouldnt want that
i am glad everything worked out for you
Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

i wouldn't want to exchange favors either, I don't care how old she is or whom she was (ok maybe halle berry, or monica belluci or eva longoria, ok you get where i'm going with this, lol).

Quick Reply: First accident today!