Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

FIFA Worldcup Germany 2006

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='303319' date='Jun 26 2006, 03:16 PM
Hopefully you know more about cars than u do about football.
sadly i dont think he knows much about either
Old 06-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='303529' date='Jun 26 2006, 04:35 PM
i dont think he knows much about either
Was this really necessary?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by tomper' post='300007' date='Jun 19 2006, 11:17 PM
You know, at least for us (Argentines) was like a dream, probably I saw one of the most wonderful games..... We had the oportunity to see Tevez and Mesi, etc.

By the way I don?t know what will hapend ... but at the moment we are considering one of the best..... if not check this link

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/en/buildcoupo...choice=WC988239
Just one step down.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='303212' date='Jun 26 2006, 04:36 PM
I blame the referee - that guy was a complete idiot. Especially the last red card (2'nd yellow for a portugal player I think in the 91st minute) there was just no need for it.

Personally, I think when the referee starts handing out cards like they are sweets the players get angry about the injustice of it all and the whole game gets very unsportsmanlike.

The 2 incidents where someone really should have been sent off were figo for his headbut and the netherlands player (schneider?) who pushed over the portugese player when the ball wasn't even in play - and the referee just gave them each a yellow card.

Apparently their were only 25 fouls in the match - but 15 yellow cards and 4 reds - a new FIFA record.

Spoils the game really. Still it helps England if Portugal have a limited squad

Having said which - if we beat portugal (which is a very big IF) we probably get Brazil next then a final with Germany

Much as I'd love it I think this may not be Englands year
Yeah the referee shouldn't be sending off some players in the game and some yellow shouldn't be handed out.

The 2 I think shouldn't be handed out is the one where the Holland defender elbow Figo, you can call a foul but a yellow considering he's already got one is not neccessary. A warning is all you need.

The second one is when Deco picks up the ball, they call that delaying the game again warning is enough consider Deco is on a yellow and is not a major misconduct.

As for limiting the Portugal's squad, as far as I know only Deco and Costina will not be in the next game which is not important considering Deco's recent form.

If England were to advance, they will need more than just some Beckham's free kick.

Rooney is great but I don't see any help from his teammates. One or two guy cannot do it all.

On paper the England team is good but they just don't click.

I will definitely watch the England - Portugal match should be good
Old 06-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Alex.br' post='303277' date='Jun 26 2006, 08:05 PM
2nd version:

Attachment 21004

I like this one better
Old 06-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='303319' date='Jun 26 2006, 10:16 PM
No sign of sportmanship?! What are u talking about?!
I wonder what sportmanship is in your eyes. Maybe faking you've been hit to get your opponent a red card like Fugo did?
Hopefully you know more about cars than u do about football.
Portugal's captain is Figo not Fugo, you were saying something about knowing football? How can you not know Figo? But hey I don't blame ya, you are from Holland and you should take their side.

But consider this, what do you call a Netherlands player lying in the opponent's penalty box?

A: Arjen Robben

I don't want to go into an argument with you but it seems that he has a reputation for diving so everytime he goes down the ref wouldn't call a foul as he tends to go down too easily (read diving)

Yes Figo got smash in the face, the Netherlands player didn't deserve the second yellow it was the referee in this game that make the difference.

The incident I am referring to is when there's a Portugal player went down (I think it was Carvalho) the referee didn't stop the match because Portugal has possession and they were going down the field one on one with only the goalie in front. But then the ref blew the whistle becasue it seems that it is a head injury as Carvalho is covering his head.

When game resumes, the ref drop the ball and the two side were suppose to fight for possession. But in football being a good sportsman you are suppose to give possesion back to Portugal since they were the one that has the last possession.

Figo didn't fight for the ball and let Netherlands take it, what is Netherlands suppose to do? Kick it down the field immediately so the Portugese player can have the possession back. But Netherlands make a pass instead and went on attack immediately, Portugal were shocked and unprepare hence lead to the yellow card of Deco otherwise Netherlands would be in the clear and maybe score (that's exactly what they were thinking down 1-0 at the time)

I enjoy the game but it is things like this that spoils the game. You should really look at it objectively, if Portugal weren't playing Netherlands, I don't think you would make idiotic statements like this.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='303536' date='Jun 27 2006, 07:48 AM
Was this really necessary?
I am tired of keyboard fights, just let him be.

Ignoring is the best solution.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='303689' date='Jun 27 2006, 07:02 AM
Portugal's captain is Figo not Fugo, you were saying something about knowing football? How can you not know Figo? But hey I don't blame ya, you are from Holland and you should take their side.

I enjoy the game but it is things like this that spoils the game. You should really look at it objectively, if Portugal weren't playing Netherlands, I don't think you would make idiotic statements like this.
I didnt know that misspelling someones name has to do with knowledge about football.
And about your so called "idiotic statements" i made. It was a war on the field my friend, i dont know if you had your eyes open while watching the game but while the game proceeded there was no sportmanship from either of the 2 countries. So it is not fair saying that the Netherlands deserved to lose cause they were unsporty. Both countries contributed in this unsporty match and pointing your finger at one pretty dumb.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='303766' date='Jun 27 2006, 03:33 PM
I didnt know that misspelling someones name has to do with knowledge about football.
And about your so called "idiotic statements" i made. It was a war on the field my friend, i dont know if you had your eyes open while watching the game but while the game proceeded there was no sportmanship from either of the 2 countries. So it is not fair saying that the Netherlands deserved to lose cause they were unsporty. Both countries contributed in this unsporty match and pointing your finger at one pretty dumb.
Yeah whatever

Read the last sentence in your post. As if you know more than I do, how do you confirm that? What scale are you using
Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Originally Posted by 700700' post='303529' date='Jun 27 2006, 01:35 AM
sadly i dont think he knows much about either
sadly i have to admit that 700700 was right again

Quick Reply: FIFA Worldcup Germany 2006