Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

FIFA Worldcup Germany 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BMWN' post='308709
quite a bold statement ... maybe you are the one who should be suspended
For what? Having an opinion? Or for not having yours?

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='308838
The German team certainly did not do anything throughout the tournament to deserve that kind of language from you.
You know the soccer rivalry (hate) of Germans and the Dutch? So it's OK, it's coming from the NL. There is no other language in between those two countrys when it comes to soccer.

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='308983' date='Jul 10 2006, 08:27 PM
So you can celebrate the fact that Italy won the World Cup, because they did.....regardless of what road they took they did win the Cup.....Congratulations.
True. Sad but true! And in a couple weeks nobody remembers how they won it, only that they did win it all.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='309100' date='Jul 10 2006, 03:38 PM
You know the soccer rivalry (hate) of Germans and the Dutch? So it's OK, it's coming from the NL. There is no other language in between those two countrys when it comes to soccer.
I do know about the history of Dutch and German soccer and the fans' "dislike" of each other, but I assumed that was not the issue here because a while back IN THIS POST Georgos said that he was Greek and not Dutch and he didn't care when the Dutch team lost, so I just thought there was more to this than the traditional Dutch/German rivalry.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='309243' date='Jul 11 2006, 04:34 AM
I do know about the history of Dutch and German soccer and the fans' "dislike" of each other, but I assumed that was not the issue here because a while back IN THIS POST Georgos said that he was Greek and not Dutch and he didn't care when the Dutch team lost, so I just thought there was more to this than the traditional Dutch/German rivalry.
And u are right cause this has nothing to do with the Dutch - German rivaly, i dont really care about that and i dont even think that it is based on anything.
But what i do care about and the reason why my reaction was the way it was is that i dont like people to say that the champion didnt deserve to win and that other countries, like Germany, were better playing and blablabla. Italy won the cup and therefore was the best playing country....period. What more prove to you need.
This was also going on when Greece became European Champion 2 years ago which was very, very unexpected. And there were so many negative reactions and excuses why they won. People just have to accept their losses and admit when they are beaten, either by better players or by any other strategy. Cause its all about winning and not about nice football and friendly players. And Germany trainer Klinsman understood that and thats why he left the team already.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='309852' date='Jul 12 2006, 09:10 PM
...Italy won the cup and therefore was the best playing country....period. What more prove to you need.
This was also going on when Greece became European Champion 2 years ago which was very, very unexpected. And there were so many negative reactions and excuses why they won. People just have to accept their losses and admit when they are beaten, either by better players or by any other strategy. Cause its all about winning and not about nice football and friendly players. And Germany trainer Klinsman understood that and thats why he left the team already.
With all due respect, you are wrong!

Italy was not the best team, nor did they had the best strategy. It is about winning, you are right, but it also is about sportsmanship and fairnes, Fifa it self promotes the "fair play". And fair play... well, that was Brazil and Spain, but not Italy, Portugal, the Netherlands, Argentina nor Germany.
And now that you mention Klinsmann and that he is gone... When you say that he "understood and left" you didn't understood his motivation. It is not because he thinks he did something wrong or someone else could do it better, it is simply because he lives in California and wants to have more time with his family. His family was staying there all the time and he had to travel a lot. He allways wanted to quit after the Worldcup 2006. Because everybody wanted him to continue, he didn't quit right after the last game, but his decission was made... long before.