Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

FIFA Worldcup Germany 2006

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon lads - there are no national boundaries on e60.net

Lets all play nicely.

From what I saw both Holland and Portugal players behaved in a decidedly unsportsmanlike fashion.

The worst examples were Figo's headbutt - shocking

And when Sneijder pushed over one of the Portugese players for no good reason.

Both should have been sent of for those offenses and in each case they got a yellow card.

And most of the other players didn't cover themselves in glory either.

I still think this guy is to blame:

I also think the recent cards for timewasting are provoking unsporting behaviour. When a player is injured and there is not an imminent attempt on goal it is sort of traditional for one team to knock the ball out of play then for the other to return posession after the player is treated.

Yet in the Portugal / netherlands game and in England / Ecuador players were carded for timewasting in this situation.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='303801' date='Jun 27 2006, 11:07 AM

Lets all play nicely.

From what I saw both Holland and Portugal players behaved in a decidedly unsportsmanlike fashion.

Both should have been sent of for those offenses and in each case they got a yellow card.

Totally agree. Thanks for clearing things up.
Btw, it was van der Vaart and not Sneijder who pushed over the Portuguese guy
Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='303803' date='Jun 27 2006, 10:12 AM
Totally agree. Thanks for clearing things up.
Btw, it was van der Vaart and not Sneijder who pushed over the Portuguese guy
Thanks for correcting me

Was it the Portugal game where one player got 3 yellow cards cause the ref forgot ?
Old 06-27-2006, 02:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='303826' date='Jun 27 2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for correcting me

Was it the Portugal game where one player got 3 yellow cards cause the ref forgot ?
No, it was Australia - Croatia where ref Graham Poll gave Croatian player Simunic 3 yellow card. Pretty dumb i think.
Too bad also that Australia lost to Italy because of a penalty in the 95th minute which wasnt a penalty if u ask me. Referees suck this Worldcup, too bad.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='303832' date='Jun 27 2006, 11:48 AM
No, it was Australia - Croatia where ref Graham Poll gave Croatian player Simunic 3 yellow card. Pretty dumb i think.
Too bad also that Australia lost to Italy because of a penalty in the 95th minute which wasnt a penalty if u ask me. Referees suck this Worldcup, too bad.
That's right - it was another badly run game.

As to the Australia / Italy penalty - these sort of things happen in the World Cup (ask any Englishman about Maradonna's 'hand of god' goal). It sucks - but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. We've been waiting 40 years for another win and Australia are just going to have to be patient.

I enjoyed watching the socceroos though and it was nice to see Harry Kewell at national level.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='303801' date='Jun 27 2006, 05:07 PM

Lets all play nicely.

I also think the recent cards for timewasting are provoking unsporting behaviour. When a player is injured and there is not an imminent attempt on goal it is sort of traditional for one team to knock the ball out of play then for the other to return posession after the player is treated.

Yet in the Portugal / netherlands game and in England / Ecuador players were carded for timewasting in this situation.
Well there isn't anything about nationalism as I am not from any of those countries that are currently playing in the world cup as China will not be a force in world soccer anytime soon.

The closest tie maybe England as we used to be an English colony but the whole thing about the best team in ages still put a question mark in my mind

Yes the game went bad and the referee have to take the blame.

Figo headbutt, Deco taking down another player, Boulahrouz tackling on Ronaldo and Van der Vaart pushing Petit are unsportsmans but those are personal issues as they choose to do those things themselves. But when you see two player on the same team doing something unsportmans like together (the case that I pointed out) is totally unacceptable as they are doing it as a team.

So you can say whatever you want but I think Netherlands should just take this loss instead of whining about it, I am sure the players didn't but...
Old 06-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='303689' date='Jun 26 2006, 10:02 PM
Portugal's captain is Figo not Fugo, you were saying something about knowing football? How can you not know Figo?
"i" and "u" are next to each other on the keyboard, so he may have hit the "u" by accident while he was typing.

We should all take it easy....otherwise Mark (Lomag) might start handing out yellow cards in this thread.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='303794' date='Jun 27 2006, 04:37 PM
sadly i have to admit that 700700 was right again
that's sad.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='303957' date='Jun 28 2006, 01:34 AM
"i" and "u" are next to each other on the keyboard, so he may have hit the "u" by accident while he was typing.

We should all take it easy....otherwise Mark (Lomag) might start handing out yellow cards in this thread.
It was meant to be a point.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='303956' date='Jun 27 2006, 07:33 PM
Figo headbutt, Deco taking down another player, Boulahrouz tackling on Ronaldo and Van der Vaart pushing Petit are unsportsmans but those are personal issues as they choose to do those things themselves. But when you see two player on the same team doing something unsportmans like together (the case that I pointed out) is totally unacceptable as they are doing it as a team.

So you can say whatever you want but I think Netherlands should just take this loss instead of whining about it, I am sure the players didn't but...
I dont know what your problem is dude but it seems that your one of those guys who always has to be right. For your information, i am Greek, not Dutch so i really didnt give a sh*t that they lost. And that unsportsmanship is a personal issue is a bunch of bullsh*t.
If u wanna be right u got to have brains man.

Quick Reply: FIFA Worldcup Germany 2006