Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Fahrenheit 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Tonight I've been to the movie Fahrenheit 9/11. First of al I'm not trying to start a political discussion and if the admin finds this subject not suitable for this forum please feel free to remove it.

This movie is confronting WOW! The statements that are made are hughe and I know this is the vision of the documantery maker, and he only. I've sat on the edge of my seat the whole 2 hours. Funny thing is that the movie mad a lot of us laugh several times and a few minutes later you feel a big lump in your throat of what they show you. I think the time this movie came out is bad for Bush just before the elections and the documantary obviously show that they are not fond of the current President and his administration.

If you want to see something completely different than normal you should absolutely see this one.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

This movie is made only to come out reight before the elections.
It is a PART of the election campaign, not made by Kerry, but by one of their supporters. And it is made to advertise the moviemaker and - off course - his books.
I will watch it, though...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 29 2004, 05:04 PM
This movie is made only to come out reight before the elections.
It is a PART of the election campaign, not made by Kerry, but by one of their supporters. And it is made to advertise the moviemaker and - off course - his books.
I will watch it, though...
I believe that too. But I think they all try to do such things right before election. It's a dirty business imho
Old 07-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:05 AM
It's a dirty business imho
Yep, definately!!!

And to be honest... I don't care what they say in the movie or in the newspapers. I will watch the movie to have some fun (and it's allways fun when you start talking about President G.W.Bush ).
I don't care if Iraq had WMD or not. It was about f___ing time! He was a tyrant! I've just seen the pics of Iraqis getting Passports for the first time in their lifes... It is unbelievable what Saddam did to his people and it is good these bad days are over now.
Now we just need to find that other f_ckstick hiding in a cave somewhere...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:12 AM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:05 AM'] It's a dirty business imho
Yep, definately!!!

And to be honest... I don't care what they say in the movie or in the newspapers. I will watch the movie to have some fun (and it's allways fun when you start talking about President G.W.Bush ).
I don't care if Iraq had WMD or not. It was about f___ing time! He was a tyrant! I've just seen the pics of Iraqis getting Passports for the first time in their lifes... It is unbelievable what Saddam did to his people and it is good these bad days are over now.
Now we just need to find that other f_ckstick hiding in a cave somewhere... [/quote]
Iceman,
You are my hero!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

kigerka,

actually you and all the others serving in the military to defend freedom are the real (my) heroes!!!

Thanks to all of you!
Old 07-30-2004, 03:52 AM
Contributors

You guys are the real heroes and after seeing the movie this didn't change for me. The only thing I wonder is why this war was necessery, so many people that died over there or got heavily injured, and for what?? The freedom of the iraqi people or the oil?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:52 PM
The only thing I wonder is why this war was necessery, so many people that died over there or got heavily injured, and for what?? The freedom of the iraqi people or the oil?
Politically it was definately the oil and the fact that the President wanted to finish what his Dad didn't (IMHO)...
Saddam was tyrant, and that's why finally the most ppl accepted this war. I don't think President Bush jr. really cares about the ppl of Iraq, but that's fine with me. And we have to think about what would have happened without going to war against Iraq... I am 100% positive, that those cave-hiders would have come to the safe harbour of Saddam Hussein. Saddam would have done everything for $$$. And those $$$ would've been used to build WMD!!! No doubt about it IMHO.
What bothers me the most about this war is the situation right now. President Bush jr. cares more about his re-election campaign than the soldiers in overseas...
Old 08-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

I hate all the war business - Saddam was nasty - but don't forget who put him in power > daddy Bush....politics are mad
Old 08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Aug 3 2004, 10:25 PM
I hate all the war business...
I was totally against war... before 9/11...
But now I don't see how we can stop terrorism other than going to war against the terrorists.
They've started it...

Quick Reply: Fahrenheit 9/11