Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

F1: McLaren Avoids Penalties in "Stepney-gate"

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='455026' date='Aug 3 2007, 02:58 PM

I don't like Alonso, I am an Alonso hater. But agree with the rest.
Agressive driving is needed in racing. Schumacher was also providing the team with more than just good driving skills.
Anyways, I agree, equal cars, equal everything, Senna finishes before Schumacher!
He passed away too early, may he R.I.P.

Yah, I know Alonso can come off as arrogant. But I just think he is a very talented driver with a lot of passion, he just loves to show his emotions. I really liked the last race when him and Massa got into it right before they went out to the podium.

Take nothing away from Michael, he was a very very good driver, and is in the argument for being the best.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Schumacher for me is is the greatest driver of his era, and I suspect perhaps of any era. Took me a long while to come to this conclusion. As much as I respected his achievements, I never really warmed to Schumacher until his final season. In his final season, however, he let much more of his private side, the man behind the race driver as it were, out into the open and showed in the way he interacted with the team, fans and the media. Helped me place a lot of things in context, and made me see much of what I didn't appreciate about him at the time was what made him so successful.

I also remember seeing a great letter in a motor mag about a guy who went to the Brazilian GP and went to visit Ayrton Senna's grave to pay his respects. As he was walking in, Michael was walking out. Great driver, and a much classier guy than I ever gave him credit for. Good to see him still supporting Ferrari at the races this year - and I say that as a McLaren fan!