Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Excited to golf?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

Anyone else in the northeast dying to play some golf? Any other dedicated golfers on here? how often do you play? i roll with custom x-22's, ft-9, Odyssey putter and jaws wedges.. whatcha got????
Old 03-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i

Still havent really started got a bunch of hand me down clubs from a freind. So far I just go to the driving range to practice my swing, I'm still trying to muscle my swing too much as if im playing baseball. Haven't build up my courage to go to a course and play some holes yet.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

One of the best things about living in the Bay Area is the year-round golf. Other than the odd rain day, there's hardly ever a time that you can't play.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

I haven't played in years, but interested in going at it again. Need to hit the range and see what I need to work on, probably everything.

I pre-ordered EA Sports Tiger Woods 2012, it comes out tomorrow. Looking forward to playing Augusta National, its the only way I'll ever get to.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Contributors

nice guys, im just pumped to play. thought there would be more golfers on here... hmm we drive bmw's for god sakes lol. anyways im goin to the range

and oh yeah... Tiger '12 is coming for me too!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

I love golf and can't wait for the Masters Open to start! Went to see the 09' US OPEN Final rounds (extended to Monday due to weather conditions) at Bethpage in NY. The Black course looked ridiculously difficult. lol

My bag: Callaway X-22 irons(looking to get a Mizuno iron set), Taylormade Burner driver/hybrids, 3 Cleveland wedges, and a Scotty Cameron Studio Select putter. Need to practice my short game more..
Old 03-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

I live in MI, and am very much a golf fan. I worked hard to reduce my USGA Index to 13 from a high (5 years ago) of 23+, and that was only after hours of work at the range and lots of rounds of golf. I currently roll with x-20 irons, classic White Hot putter, R-9 driver and Cobra low profile 3w & 5W (no hybrids in the bag . . . yet).

Unfortunately, the sports schedules for my children (from early April through late July) prevent me from playing any more than one round / week:

My daughter, a high school freshman, is a varsity softball player, and she will play, on average, 3 doubleheaders / every M-F from now through Memorial Day . . . plus 3 weekend tournaments sandwiched in between . . . then there is her travel team league schedule (2 doubleheaders / wk for 7 weeks from mid June to late July) and travel team tournament schedule (games Fri-Sat-Sun) on 6 of 9 weekends in June and July.

Add to that my son's local little league regular season schedule (15 games) and his travel team tournament schedule (6 weekend tournaments from early May to Independence Day weekend).

As a result, very little time for dad to play golf . . . .
Old 03-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by leese8080
I love golf and can't wait for the Masters Open to start! Went to see the 09' US OPEN Final rounds (extended to Monday due to weather conditions) at Bethpage in NY. The Black course looked ridiculously difficult. lol

My bag: Callaway X-22 irons(looking to get a Mizuno iron set), Taylormade Burner driver/hybrids, 3 Cleveland wedges, and a Scotty Cameron Studio Select putter. Need to practice my short game more..
nice! i am in the same boat on the short game.. practice is boring though!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by one4thethumb
I live in MI, and am very much a golf fan. I worked hard to reduce my USGA Index to 13 from a high (5 years ago) of 23+, and that was only after hours of work at the range and lots of rounds of golf. I currently roll with x-20 irons, classic White Hot putter, R-9 driver and Cobra low profile 3w & 5W (no hybrids in the bag . . . yet).

Unfortunately, the sports schedules for my children (from early April through late July) prevent me from playing any more than one round / week:

My daughter, a high school freshman, is a varsity softball player, and she will play, on average, 3 doubleheaders / every M-F from now through Memorial Day . . . plus 3 weekend tournaments sandwiched in between . . . then there is her travel team league schedule (2 doubleheaders / wk for 7 weeks from mid June to late July) and travel team tournament schedule (games Fri-Sat-Sun) on 6 of 9 weekends in June and July.

Add to that my son's local little league regular season schedule (15 games) and his travel team tournament schedule (6 weekend tournaments from early May to Independence Day weekend).

As a result, very little time for dad to play golf . . . .
thats exciting, i guess its a good reason to not be able to golf a lot.. I just got some diablo hybrids, still getting used to them but they are way easier to hit as opposed to a 3/4 iron...
Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Originally Posted by Sluis530
thats exciting, i guess its a good reason to not be able to golf a lot.. I just got some diablo hybrids, still getting used to them but they are way easier to hit as opposed to a 3/4 iron...
On the matter of hybrids, or my lack thereof, I am stubborn. I know they are easier to hit that a 3I or 4I, but there is something so immensely satisfying to be able to step up to the tee on those days when the R-9 refuses to cooperate, and smack that 3 iron 230 .