Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Excellent Dealer Service; RFt's; PS2's; and

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi Friends:

Early Thursday morning we'll be heading for Carlsbad, CA for Xmas with our grown kids, their spouses, and our grand kids. So, I'll be fairly busy tomorrow and over Xmas. Still, I'll get to the forums some. But, before time gets away from me, I want to say merry Xmas to all. I really enjoy e60.net with all of you. I'll say happy new year when we get back--right before our almost annual over-the-new-year trek to London and points beyond--this year Brusells. I've attached an "Xmas card."

I've had a small problem with my PS2's a slight, but annoying vibration, at 75 mph and above--which has not been much of a problem since the PS2's don't go that fast very often. My dealer has done everything in the world to try to remedy the problem. Since nothing has worked, my dealer suggested getting me new tires under the manufacturer's warranty--which I had planned to suggest anyway. And, my dealer made a point of scheduling things so that we could take my original wheels/RFT's in tomorrow so they could put them on my car for our Carlsbad trip, mount and balance the new PS2's while we are gone, and swap my wheels and tires again as soon as we get back in town. Now, I know that these are the sorts of things we expect of our dealers, but mine always comes through without being prodded into doing things, and I am very appreciative.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. My original plan of course was to put my original wheels/RFT's on for trips, but I was dreading doing so. So, now it is a done deal with little fuss and bother to me. Except, I just put my wheels/tires into the back of the X5, and they are heavy. I'm glad I get to the gym regularly.

Merry Xmas from us and the rest of our pack.
Attached Thumbnails Excellent Dealer Service; RFt's; PS2's; and-m_exmas05_dv.jpg  
Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM
hmc
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Sport Pkg, 6MT

Welcome to Carlsbad...
Old 12-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by hmc' post='213724' date='Dec 20 2005, 05:33 PM
Welcome to Carlsbad...
Thanks hmc.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: V8 beast!

Have a safe one.

Ps. Ill be patiently awaiting your new updated kills thread.Youre taking the vette right
Old 12-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

[quote name='vnod' date='Dec 20 2005, 05:30 PM' post='213722']
Hi Friends:

Early Thursday morning we'll be heading for Carlsbad, CA for Xmas with our grown kids, their spouses, and our grand kids. So, I'll be fairly busy tomorrow and over Xmas. Still, I'll get to the forums some. But, before time gets away from me, I want to say merry Xmas to all. I really enjoy e60.net with all of you. I'll say happy new year when we get back--right before our almost annual over-the-new-year trek to London and points beyond--this year Brusells. I've attached an "Xmas card."

I've had a small problem with my PS2's a slight, but annoying vibration, at 75 mph and above--which has not been much of a problem since the PS2's don't go that fast very often. My dealer has done everything in the world to try to remedy the problem. Since nothing has worked, my dealer suggested getting me new tires under the manufacturer's warranty--which I had planned to suggest anyway. And, my dealer made a point of scheduling things so that we could take my original wheels/RFT's in tomorrow so they could put them on my car for our Carlsbad trip, mount and balance the new PS2's while we are gone, and swap my wheels and tires again as soon as we get back in town. Now, I know that these are the sorts of things we expect of our dealers, but mine always comes through without being prodded into doing things, and I am very appreciative.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. My original plan of course was to put my original wheels/RFT's on for trips, but I was dreading doing so. So, now it is a done deal with little fuss and bother to me. Except, I just put my wheels/tires into the back of the X5, and they are heavy. I'm glad I get to the gym regularly.

[/quote
Merry Christmas and have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Its nice to read good things about the dealers we go to and not always complaints and constant whining.I guess you and I are the very few that appreciate our dealers to the degree that we always mention them for there good work,mine being JMK BMW.
cheers
vern
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Premium Pakage, Weather Package, Navigation M3 Conv Sold!!

Merry Xmas and have a safe trip
Old 12-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Hmm, how ironic. I will be leaving Vista which is about 6 miles east of Carlsbad for Phoenix over the holidays. I will be visiting family there. Unlike vnod, I will not be driving my bimmer long distance. I'm planning on getting a rental. My parents, who will be visiting from DE, might insist we take the bimmer. My dad will want to drive it all the way and back. We'll see when they arrive. Enjoy your stay in Carlsbad, vnod.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Contributors

[QUOTE=UPENN545' post='213758;213764]
Originally Posted by vnod' post='213722' date='Dec 20 2005, 05:30 PM
Hi Friends:

[/quote
Merry Christmas and have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Its nice to read good things about the dealers we go to and not always complaints and constant whining.I guess you and I are the very few that appreciate our dealers to the degree that we always mention them for there good work,mine being JMK BMW.
cheers
vern
Thanks Vern. And, I have noticed that you always have good things to say about your dealer.

Originally Posted by BERM' post='213767
Hmm, how ironic. I will be leaving Vista which is about 6 miles east of Carlsbad for Phoenix over the holidays. I will be visiting family there. Unlike vnod, I will not be driving my bimmer long distance. I'm planning on getting a rental. My parents, who will be visiting from DE, might insist we take the bimmer. My dad will want to drive it all the way and back. We'll see when they arrive. Enjoy your stay in Carlsbad, vnod.
Thank you, and it is ironic. Wave if you see us on the way.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Don, have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your Kids and Grandkids.

I envy you very much, as I enjoy that part of California a lot. We are in the Twenties right now and at my age, either Florida or Arizona look pretty good this time of year.

BTW, if you are so inclined, give this resturant a try

http://www.vigiluccis.com/locations.html

They were written up a few years ago in the Washington Post, and we went to the one in Encinitas, and it was very good.

Enjoy

Joe Poole
Old 12-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by joepoole' post='213812' date='Dec 20 2005, 09:35 PM
Don, have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your Kids and Grandkids.

I envy you very much, as I enjoy that part of California a lot. We are in the Twenties right now and at my age, either Florida or Arizona look pretty good this time of year.

BTW, if you are so inclined, give this resturant a try

http://www.vigiluccis.com/locations.html

They were written up a few years ago in the Washington Post, and we went to the one in Encinitas, and it was very good.

Enjoy

Joe Poole
Thanks Joe. We are planning on having a great time. And, I'll mention the resturant to all. We have a wedding anniversary on the 23rd too.

Quick Reply: Excellent Dealer Service; RFt's; PS2's; and