Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Ever wish you could drive like this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8f93275ed9
Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

No wonder Iraqis don't like Americans!

Halliburton must own a chain of Iraqi bumper repair shops.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Contributors

And americans wonder why most of the world don't like them...? No offense to everyone, but there are a number of americans, or french, or should I say westerners, who come into third world country or developing country and think that they are god, and can do watever the hell they want in the world. I think its just wrong. For example, in Cambodia, although not as bad as the video, westerners, drive around like a maniac, swearing at people and stuff, pushing people off the road. If you guys are not familiar with Cambodia, its just a small country, so to the describe the drving scene, would be that its quite slow, relaxing, everybody driving around 40-50km/h everywhere, no one is ever in a hurry or anything, but when you see westerners on the road, they swerve in and out of lanes, pushing cars around, swearing at people, turn into incoming just to pass the car in front. I'm like, buddy, this is cambodia, if you wanna drive like that, go back to your country where everybody drives really fast. But one message that us asians need to send out, and I speak for most asians living in asian countries is, Please respect the locals and their culture and norms, you are not god, and you certainly do not have anymore privilege than the locals, because one day, you might meet some privileged youngsters, and that might be it for you. Plus its just the right thing to do when you're in another man's land, dont take diplomatic immunity or military positions as a way of lifting yourself higher than others, its stupid and wrong, and it never works. Again, no offense to those who drives nicely!!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

wouldnt want to drive like that in my e60.. yeah sure i wish i could have an open road but thats not the way to do it. way cocky driving.. but hey theyre soldiers, so i guess they have to do what they have to do.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Hi 525iSE

My experience is that there are very few countries where there are so many foreigners that their critical mass influences the driving style in a particular country over the style of the locals. More often than not the foreigners adapt to the locals. Plus the locals also change their habits when they go to other countries. I drive very differently when I'm in the UK then when I'm in Poland simply because I adapt to the local style.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='383926' date='Jan 27 2007, 12:11 AM
And americans wonder why most of the world don't like them...? No offense to everyone, but there are a number of americans, or french, or should I say westerners, who come into third world country or developing country and think that they are god, and can do watever the hell they want in the world. I think its just wrong. For example, in Cambodia, although not as bad as the video, westerners, drive around like a maniac, swearing at people and stuff, pushing people off the road.
Hmmm... I guess we shouldn't go into stereo types of how Asians (or insert nationality or state of choice here) drive in the US.

While I personally don't like the way many Americans behave in other countries I can appreciate the position that many of these guys are in where they're a moving target. Perhaps they're trained to avoid being boxed-in or trapped in a traffic situation around areas that there may be a threat of attack.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

OMG! This is just not right, but in then end everything that US has done in Iraq is not right! Bet thos guys were feeling like God. Those are some american trash, i tell you that...
Old 01-27-2007, 08:01 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Idiots. Who do they think they are?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Premium Pakage, Weather Package, Navigation M3 Conv Sold!!

If I was in that Humvee, I'll be doing the same thing. You asking who are those guys?? They are freaking US Marines Bitches. If Bush only let them fight like they supposed, this thing would be over long time ago.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Nobody has brought up the fact that they HAVE to drive that like in-order to avoid being killed by insurgents or IED's. If my life was threatened 24/7 you can bet I'll be driving like that.

Quick Reply: Ever wish you could drive like this?