Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

DPE taking my pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn. Look at this user. Using my pics without giving me credit. He left the sig/stamp of the other 2 pics and took mine out. I know I'm no professional photographer like "1013mm" But damn. Give me some credit. Don't just edit out my name put up your logo in place. :thumbsdown: At least let me know.

Link to luxury4play.com

http://www.luxury4play.com/bmw/72785...ll-around.html
Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

I contacted DPE.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Former Vendor

My guy at DPE just contacted the person in charge of posting pics.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
I contacted DPE.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 02-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

1013mm is an overrated prick anyhow :thumbsdown:

I got your back, D&K - let's go!!!! hahaha don't be messin' with us!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Hahahaha busted that fool
Old 02-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Loool, I loved the comment. "We emailed DPE to give us your info to contact you and get all pictures from you "
THATS AFTER they posted the pics lol. I mean taking the pics are not a really biggy, But taking CREDIT FOR THEM and removing the original Signature :thumbsdown:

And AMAZING REPLY " yeah.... Didn't get the memo, PM ME next time.... (should have been followed by "You Arrogant Pr*ck) "

Well handled DK
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor

Actually you guys are jumping to conclusions about DPE. I spoke with DPE directly 4 minutes after DKNY postd this thread and asked them what's up. The guy who cropped the images, not Manu the owner, didn't know that DK New York was a watermark, he thought it was some crew and he could read the text.

I had immediately notified DPE when DKNY posted this thread and it would've been resolved ASAP and proper credit given if DKNY hadn't posted on luxury4play.

Mistakes happen and I think it's pretty good that DPE replied to your concerns immediately on the forum. From experience, not very many vendors do that.

Michael

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
Loool, I loved the comment. "We emailed DPE to give us your info to contact you and get all pictures from you "
THATS AFTER they posted the pics lol. I mean taking the pics are not a really biggy, But taking CREDIT FOR THEM and removing the original Signature :thumbsdown:

And AMAZING REPLY " yeah.... Didn't get the memo, PM ME next time.... (should have been followed by "You Arrogant Pr*ck) "

Well handled DK
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Contributors

Thanks Michael for the quick response and resolution.

I emailed Manu. He said he contacted Luis for my info. But I never heard anything from him or DPE before these pictures got posted.

Miscommunication on all 3 parties.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

that red m3 is
Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Contributors

With all due respect to DPE, Whether it was Watermark, Crew, Gang or Mob, Labeling something that is not yours is plagiarism (First thing they teach you in kinder garden).

If he had posted the pictures (even without DK Signature), that would still be acceptable, but Stamping it DPE, now that's what I call wrong.

I am not accusing Manu for trusting his employee nor blaming DPE as a whole, I am talking in GENERAL. Companies cannot watch every single employee's action, but can check the source before releasing anything with their NAME ON IT

Anyhow, glad it was resolved, and yes, it was a miss-understanding from everyone, but I did not like the response DK was given (compared to vendors around here such yourself and Brabus John).

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Actually you guys are jumping to conclusions about DPE. I spoke with DPE directly 4 minutes after DKNY postd this thread and asked them what's up. The guy who cropped the images, not Manu the owner, didn't know that DK New York was a watermark, he thought it was some crew and he could read the text.

I had immediately notified DPE when DKNY posted this thread and it would've been resolved ASAP and proper credit given if DKNY hadn't posted on luxury4play.

Mistakes happen and I think it's pretty good that DPE replied to your concerns immediately on the forum. From experience, not very many vendors do that.

Michael

Quick Reply: DPE taking my pics!!