Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Does your wife ever piss you off...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

So, this weekend I am traveling down I-10 (from El Paso, TX to Lake Charles, LA). This is a 14 hour trip to start off with. I usually drive most of that, and I don't mind that, but there is one thing I do mind. When everyone is asleep, I go into a zone and I can drive for hours upon hours, but in order to get into that zone, I need my music, and I need it at a reasonably loud volume. My wife always wakes up and turns it down...it absolutely burns me up (this is almost grounds for divorce guys!!!). Does anyone else's wife or significant other do anything like this? What are the pet peeves you have with your wife on long trips or even driving in general?

By the way, I feel better already...thanks to this therapeutic board!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
JDN
Contributors

Aaron - think ear plugs, ear plugs, ear plugs
Old 08-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Loud music is only possible when I am alone. My wife also turns down the music and wants to talk with me <_<
Who wants to talk when you have the best soundsystem in the world in your car??

I learned to live with it
Old 08-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Senior Members

aaron, i feel your "pain" and i'm feeling you BIG TIME :'(! my girlfriend wouldn't sleep while i'm driving but something even worse than that. she has her own built-in tape recorder in your mouth and it keeps playing the same tape over and over again which is, "don't drive too fast...watch out that guy...we are not in rush...etc...etc...etc..." so now you feel better .
Old 08-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Senior Members

Classic from my wife...

after 5mins drive in my brand new car..."oh, I think the seats in my renault scenic are more comfortable"....Arghh I paid ?600 for comfort seats and she hasn't even adjusted them to get a position that suits.

jonboy
Old 08-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Senior Members

Jonboy,

You buy yourself a loaded 545i and make Mrs JB make do with a Scenic.... fantastic. Money saved on her car went on yours no doubt.... I like it
Old 08-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Aug 3 2004, 09:47 AM
Jonboy,

You buy yourself a loaded 545i and make Mrs JB make do with a Scenic.... fantastic. Money saved on her car went on yours no doubt.... I like it
Not sure I can beat that but Mrs. Browell has a Skoda Fabia, so I'm on the right track
Old 08-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

Classic! New idea for forum merchandise. Tasteful bumper sticker saying

"My wife's car is a P.O.S. but mine's great thanks"
Old 08-03-2004, 02:36 AM
Members

Aaron, I think the problem started when you got married. See I don't have to worry about that becuase i'm single. Yes i'm 23 and it might be too early, but with the E60 I think i want to wait until i can affford either the M5 or 545 before getting married. Hang in there man, my suggestion is that you get yourself an iPod and blast it all you want. That will make everyone happy and you can enjoy your drives.

and remember.....................

"Wise men don't marry, once they marry they become otherwise"
Old 08-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Senior Members

ISUK

oh come on now, it is a special edition scenic with nice orange bits and a special edition logo on the back as well...

anyway, she doesn't really know quite how carried away i got so please can we change the subject

jonboy

Quick Reply: Does your wife ever piss you off...?