Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

do you believe in miracles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

just thought i would share. last night i attended a healing mass with my family at a nearby church, not my parish but ive been there a couple times before and know people from there. the mass was led by a young filippino priest, who came from the same hometown as my family, batangas. his name is father fernando suarez, and is known to heal by touch. with him were other priests that devoted themselves to him after some instances of healings from where they were from. there were testimonials from all over the world in the pamphlets provided, the deaf was able to hear and the blind was able to see. i really enjoyed the mass compared to other masses that i have attended. i kind of wish that mass was more like what i have at my own parish.

anyway, the healing began after the mass, and some have said that they have been healed during the mass. seriously, those in wheelchairs went out of the church walking and pushing their wheelchairs in front of them. one of the men hasnt walked in 5 years and was literally jogging a little. those who had problems hearing were able to hear much better. one woman with a hole in her retina was able to see clearly after the priest's touch. one of my mom's former co-workers was also there and had a problem with her hands. she has scars on them from surgery and hasnt been able to close her hands tightly all the way. after being touched by fr. fernando, she came back to where we were and was closing her hands repetitively.

after being touched at the altar, many have even fallen to the ground. my father was one of them, and he said that he felt a cold sweat, then as if the ground was rumbling. fr. fernando was said to have had the gift of healing since he was about 17 or 18 when at church, he touched a crippled woman who then got up and walked. aside from being a good priest proclaiming the gospels and homilies, he is a good entertainer. one of the instances he included was that he had to take 2 tylenols because of the heat. when he was still young, he questioned if the gift was from God. a nun told him that it was, but he had to share it and that it wasnt for him. he then said that it is true, because when he prays for himself, he doesnt get healed so he always carries around tylenol and advil.

was just a good experience. maybe he really is a healer. maybe its just faith. maybe its just a change of mentality. maybe its all 3. hopefully it not only helped my family and friends, but everyone else that needs it. just thought i would share and that it would be an interesting read.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Sport package, Premium package, Xenon 2002 BMW X5 3.0 Modded to X5 4.6is (4.6is body kits, exhaust) Premium pkg., cold weather pkg. rear climate pkg., Xenon headlights, clear all around.

what do you believe? change of mentality is right. men spread god's words, not his power. we live by the words of god which make us better ourselves. he doesnt use his power (through men) to make us better physically. his words affect our lives, we learn to do good things and avoid bad things. if god ever has a "representative" on this very day to represent his power, we all christians wouldn't go to church and pray, but rather we want see his "rep" and demand. thats human nature just like he created us.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Former Vendor

just playing devil's advocate..cant words be powerful? cant they represent the power of God? and arent those words spoken by men? so in a way, isnt his power being used through men? emotional and mental power can and are ways of helping or making people better physically arent they?

what do i believe? honestly i dont know. i just know there is God who works in mysterious ways, even if my faith is rusty. anything in life could happen. i just wanted to share an experience, what ive read, heard, and seen.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Senior Members

Hey, we wanted to go to that mass but we had our weekly prayer meeting that night. A lot of our members were not present because they went to Father Suarez's mass. We couldn't skip our prayer meeting because my wife is the choir leader and her mom is the coordinator.

Miracles are what you make it to be. It's what you believe in that will happen. God has different ways of touching you, through people and circumstances. Ultimately you have to trust in him and know things happen for a reason, but it's also a result of the choices that we make.

Thanks for the write up Nerweezy . Come check us out one of these Monday nights in Bellflower. We are a catholic bible studying group. PM me for more info
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor

sounds good ferdie. well its ok if you missed the one at st. cyprian on monday. if you can, i know that he will be at holy family in artesia tomorrow offering another healing mass. i wont be able to attend though because of work and my mom having some doctors appointments.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

NeRwEEzy.. was that some sort of carmalite mass? my tita believes in that stuff and always encourages me to go. personally, it freaks me out. glad you had a positive experience and salamat for sharing.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Contributors

do you guys know if he's coming to the bay area, by any chance? salamat
Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Former Vendor

check out his website: www.fatherfernando.com . i looked him up after to see other testimonials. i understand how you and others may get freaked out. i mean... people that are disabled in wheelchairs getting up and walking around, and people that depended on canes and walkers leaving the church actually carrying them above their heads.. but i mean its not just all about physical healing. it could also teach a lesson, maybe like strengthening faith.