Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Did anyone else notice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009 | 06:12 AM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1022023' date='Oct 1 2009, 09:01 AM
It's not what gives the US the "right" to have them, the US and Russia (the artist formerly known as the USSR) have had treaty after treaty over the last 40 years trying to get rid of them (not completely, but at least some to most). It's not that we (I am speaking as an American here) want "everyone to do what we think is right". It's more like: "Let's keep the really dangerous stuff out of the hands of extremists and crazies" and that works for me.

Also, we have them to protect us from the same weak minded individuals that perpetrated 9/11. These pathetic cowards killed civilians, women, and children - all violations of the Koran's definition of Jihad. So their idea of going to Paradise were misguided.

You are right, we, ourselves created the Taliban and to a large extent we created Bin Laden as a leader - he DID earn his chops fighting the Russians in Afghanistan. So you are absolutely correct there.
Are you completely sure it was Muslims who caused the WTC incident. Im amazed that the firemen found a passport of a Muslim from the site within a few hours (how the @!#@ did it manage to stay intact after the collision and the heat). And did no one see the plane on the radar, when it started going out of course.
Btw i can label your government as extremists and crazies for all the stuff it does.
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by pukka' post='1022030' date='Oct 1 2009, 04:06 PM
How about this for an answer: We created them.

Actually we Germans did.

J. Robert Oppenheimer did, a German, and he used German Plutonium, seized from a German submarine on its way to Japan.

Reminder...: stay calm guys...

Did anyone else notice?-inspector.gif
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:15 AM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

Originally Posted by pukka' post='1022030' date='Oct 1 2009, 09:06 AM
How about this for an answer: We created them.

+ 1 to pjinca's last post.
so that gives you guys exclusive right to own them. Its not like your government made nukes other countries have. Seriously thats a disappointing reason.
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:16 AM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1022043' date='Oct 1 2009, 09:15 AM
Actually we Germans did.

J. Robert Oppenheimer did, a German, and he used German Plutonium, seized from a German submarine on its way to Japan.

Attachment 91390
haha
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by dsm' post='1022038' date='Oct 1 2009, 07:12 AM
Are you completely sure it was Muslims who caused the WTC incident. Im amazed that the firemen found a passport of a Muslim from the site within a few hours (how the @!#@ did it manage to stay intact after the collision and the heat). And did no one see the plane on the radar, when it started going out of course.
Btw i can label your government as extremists and crazies for all the stuff it does.
I didn't single out Muslims themselves. Most Muslims are no different than any other person on this planet, going about their lives as best they can trying to make things better for their families. There is nothing wrong with being Muslim, it is a peaceful religion. However, extremists exist in any religious group.

As for the passport you mentioned: Let's see, on the morning of 9/11 I was logging into my network while working for Verizon (a phone company). My office was located on the 12th floor of 2 World Trade Center. So I was actually in the second building to get hit. After leaving (and walking all the way to near the GWB where my car was parked) I spent the next 3 months on the pier working at the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management as a liason for Verizon and the Mayor's Office. Did they happen to find a "Muslim's" passport - yes, along with many, many others. Why the "Muslim's" passport was singled out in your response I have no idea. There were people who worked there of all backgrounds and religions and nationalities, so finding a passport in the rubble would be as remarkable a finding hair on the floor of a salon.
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by dsm' post='1022038' date='Oct 1 2009, 10:12 AM
1-Forensic evidence and records identified the known terrorists that were on the hijacked planes. Whether or not an actual passport was found at ground-zero is moot.

2-Up until this point, the protocol for handling a highjacked plane was to establish communications with the hijackers and negotiate a peaceful (if possible) end to the situation. The hijackers never responded to anyone. You can't assume anything when a plane changes its course. Even if you did, there was NO WAY you could have cleared everybody out of the targets in the little time we actually had.

3-The U.S. is certainly no saint when it comes to world affairs. But we do not have it expressed in our constitution in any way that if you do not share our religous beliefs then you are our enemies.
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1022043' date='Oct 1 2009, 07:15 AM
Actually we Germans did.

Attachment 91390

Wouldn't it be nice if we COULD have a discussion like this without the negativity? I am trying to keep it civil Iceman, promise.
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1022043
so that gives you guys exclusive right to own them. Its not like your government made nukes other countries have. Seriously thats a disappointing reason.
Now you are changing your statement. Whether you believe it or not - we tried to keep them "exclusive" because of the devastating effects this weapon can inflict (e.g. Hiroshima, Nagaskai). As history tells, the Soviets stole the technology, and then the cold war was born.
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:37 AM
Contributors

Let's put it this way: The best way to prevent the use of these devastating weapons is to limit access to them. The biggest problem with these weapons is not who has them and who doesn't, it's the fact that is everyone has them someone will use them.
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dsm' post='1022038' date='Oct 1 2009, 10:12 AM
Are you kidding us here? no further comments needed

Quick Reply: Did anyone else notice?