Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

December Vacation 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

So I posted a similar thread last year, but I was unable to go because of an emergency. Check it out:

https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showto...6178&hl=ski

Anyways, I have narrowed my choice down to keystone, colorado and park city, utah.

I am leaning more toward park city as I know nothing about skiing or snowboarding and Calton recommended this place for my purpose. It will probably just be myself, my girlfriend and another couple with us. We will most likely stay at a resort because of convience, but if anybody has a suggestion/recommendation on renting a house, let me know.

Anyways, I wanted to get every bodies suggestions on what to do there besides skiing/snowboarding. I really wanna rent a snowmobile so I am going to look into that. Also, how many days would you guys recommend there? I was think a little less then a week should be good enough. I was thinking about leaving around December 10th.

Keep in mind, I am a college student (well, I just graduated) and am working full time so I don't want to blow all my money on this trip lol. I know it is gonna be pricey, but I wanna keep the cost down as much as possible without ruining my fun!

Also, I know its Utah but can you drink in Park City?

Thanks,
Vishall
Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Being from Colorado I prefer it. You have way more choices than just Keystone, there's Vail - great little village, and Winter Park which is really cool because you can fly in go to downtown Denver and take the Ski Train to Winter Park.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='1022319' date='Oct 1 2009, 02:39 PM
So I posted a similar thread last year, but I was unable to go because of an emergency. Check it out:

https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showto...6178&hl=ski

Anyways, I have narrowed my choice down to keystone, colorado and park city, utah.

I am leaning more toward park city as I know nothing about skiing or snowboarding and Calton recommended this place for my purpose. It will probably just be myself, my girlfriend and another couple with us. We will most likely stay at a resort because of convience, but if anybody has a suggestion/recommendation on renting a house, let me know.

Anyways, I wanted to get every bodies suggestions on what to do there besides skiing/snowboarding. I really wanna rent a snowmobile so I am going to look into that. Also, how many days would you guys recommend there? I was think a little less then a week should be good enough. I was thinking about leaving around December 10th.

Keep in mind, I am a college student (well, I just graduated) and am working full time so I don't want to blow all my money on this trip lol. I know it is gonna be pricey, but I wanna keep the cost down as much as possible without ruining my fun!

Also, I know its Utah but can you drink in Park City?

Thanks,
Vishall
Personally, I'd go to Vail. Vail has tons and tons of bars, restaurants and activities -- perfect for the non-skiier/snowboarder. It's just terrific.

Vail also has one of the top-ranked ski schools in the country if you do decide to brave the slopes.

Between Keystone and Park City, Park City is a bigger resort.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Never been to Park City but have heard great things about it. We used to have a place in Dillon, a small town near Keystone. Keystone is very nice but in a head to head, I'd choose Park City. But Colorado offers, as the others have pointed out, access to a number of different resorts, all with very different experiences, all within a hour or so drive. Beyond Keystone you have Arapahoe Basin (A-Basin), Breckennridge, Copper Mountain (one of my favorites), Vail and Beaver Creek. With that in mind, I do Colorado. If you are simply looking to stay at the same resort, Park City...
Old 10-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

The Vail Village is great, I stayed there last year for Christmas and had a blast. Keystone is nice, but if I had to pick its a no brainer Vail is the pick. Ive never been to UT so its a bias look..
Old 10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Vishall,

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='1022319' date='Oct 1 2009, 01:39 PM
I am leaning more toward park city as I know nothing about skiing or snowboarding and Calton recommended this place for my purpose. It will probably just be myself, my girlfriend and another couple with us. We will most likely stay at a resort because of convience
+1 on Park City. You might want to check-out VRBO.com,
which may have more affordable accommodations than the resort.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

it seems a lot of people are suggestion Vail as well...gonna have to look into it. I guess my choice should be between Vail and Park City. The problem with Vail would be that I would have to rent a car since the airport is kind of far from Vail from what I was told. If I went to park city, the airport is only 30 minutes away so i should be able to take a shuttle or something there. Also, I have no experience in driving in the snow so I don't want to take that chance.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='1022503' date='Oct 1 2009, 03:30 PM
it seems a lot of people are suggestion Vail as well...gonna have to look into it. I guess my choice should be between Vail and Park City. The problem with Vail would be that I would have to rent a car since the airport is kind of far from Vail from what I was told. If I went to park city, the airport is only 30 minutes away so i should be able to take a shuttle or something there. Also, I have no experience in driving in the snow so I don't want to take that chance.

If you go to Vail just check with the resort, they usually have shuttles as well. DIA is pretty far from the mountain resorts but they almost always have shuttles. Or like I said, go to Winter Park, fly into DIA take a shuttle to downtown and ride the Ski Train - it's a beautiful ride and experience (and Brekenridge is next door if you get bored at Winter Park - unlikely, but at least you'll have options)
Old 10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Can't you fly into Beaver Creek? I thought they had a small airport with commercial service. Maybe not, it's been more than 10 years since I've been up there...
Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='1022525' date='Oct 1 2009, 04:15 PM
Can't you fly into Beaver Creek? I thought they had a small airport with commercial service. Maybe not, it's been more than 10 years since I've been up there...
Actually you're right. I know there is a small airport up there somewhere, just haven't been up to the mountains in like 13 years, so damned if I remember.

Quick Reply: December Vacation 1