Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Damn ... somethings you can't protect..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

A nasty sight my friend, shame on her for playing the "OH DID I GAME" :thumbsdown:
Old 10-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

That really sucks and I'm truly sick about what happened to your car. The good news is you should be fixed up good as new in no time.

One I'll say about the title of this topic "somethings you can't protect" -- while you can never guarantee that you'll stop this kind of thing 100% of the time, you can do something about it. For example, I never park between two cars. I'll only take an end space and will park it as far away from the next space as possible. Most times I'll just park far away from all the other cars (if the lot's big enough). Doing these sorts of things will significantly decrease the likelihood that some bonehead will do what's pictured in those horrible photos!

Normally, I'd keep this lecture to myself but to me, one thing is clear, even though you did a better job of parking than she did, you took a huge risk by parking over the line like that. A different space would have been much, much, safer. There's always someone willing to squeeze into whatever space you give them so always give them a huge space or no space at all...
Old 10-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 17 2005, 04:35 PM
[quote name='donv' date='Oct 17 2005, 03:26 PM']Bet, you can't figure out how it happened.
[snapback]185356[/snapback]
Let me guess. Truck/car changing lanes, didn't see you and bumped you. The rotating tire caused the lovely black circle...

Do we get a prize for a correct answer?
[snapback]185363[/snapback]
[/quote]OK, so a young guy is talking on his cell phone driving his old truck way too fast in morning rush-hour traffic. He slams on his brakes to miss a car in front of him but bounces off the car's rear/left side. He continues in the right-most freeway lane--where I am in front of him. Next, his left-front wheel, which he tightened improperly, comes off. Then, he swerves back into the lane to my left. About the time he gets to my side, his car becomes out of control, and he turns sharply to the right. He tries to turn back to the left, but his car plows on--into me hitting me more or less broadside with his right-front wheel. I get the massive tire mark because his tires are protruding beyond his fenders. Luckily, the RX-7 somehow proceeds straight. I think it must have done so because he hit me in "the center." I had no idea any of his his misadventure was occurring until something sounding like a bomb exploding hit me somewhere on my left side. I was going about 60 MPH when hit.
Attached Thumbnails Damn ... somethings you can't protect..-rx7_1a.jpg  
Old 10-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

HAH.. And I think - is that really possible? Some women and older men should definitely have their licenses taken away from them. That is probably the worst parking I've ever seen pictured
Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by paasan' date='Oct 17 2005, 07:03 PM
HAH.. And I think - is that really possible? Some women and older men should definitely have their licenses taken away from them. That is probably the worst parking I've ever seen pictured
[snapback]185439[/snapback]
Some of all ages and sexes should have their licenses revoked. Please see post # 23.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Oct 17 2005, 12:31 PM
I watched this lady trying to park her car next to mine ..
i watched in horror as she hit my car, then reversed and reparked.
Her second attempt was f*king terrible too as you can see!
I didn't get to her in time as she bolted on foot.
But I waited around and caught her when she came back.
I said "excuse me. you hit my car!".
She said "oh did i? so sorry".

how she expected the red car on the left to get out i just don't know!

got her details... all should be fine. but my baby is damaged.... again!
(not my fault this time though)

(pics are camera phone ... sorry)
[snapback]185317[/snapback]
Sorry, JayEll. It hurts seeing the damage. Yeah, it could be worse but you had to watch it all transpire before your eyes. I can't believe how people can be so careless and she acted like she didn't know she hit your car. At least you got her information and your bumper should be good as new. It just sucks that you have to go through all the trouble with insurance, body shop, etc. I always worry about leaving my car parked somewhere too long, especially when there's no where other place to park.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Oct 17 2005, 07:10 PM
That really sucks and I'm truly sick about what happened to your car.? The good news is you should be fixed up good as new in no time.

One I'll say about the title of this topic "somethings you can't protect" -- while you can never guarantee that you'll stop this kind of thing 100% of the time, you can do something about it.? For example, I never park between two cars.? I'll only take an end space and will park it as far away from the next space as possible.? Most times I'll just park far away from all the other cars (if the lot's big enough).? Doing these sorts of things will significantly decrease the likelihood that some bonehead will do what's pictured in those horrible photos!

Normally, I'd keep this lecture to myself but to me, one thing is clear, even though you did a better job of parking than she did, you took a huge risk by parking over the line like that.? A different space would have been much, much, safer.? There's always someone willing to squeeze into whatever space you give them so always give them a huge space or no space at all...
[snapback]185429[/snapback]

I too am a big fan of parking as far away as possible - This way I don't have to take up more than one space (which almost guarantees damage), I insure that if someone does park next to me, it will be only on one side, and I get the bonus of exercise. Anyone that rides with me understrands they are going to walk from the other side of the world. I will always offer to drop off at the door, however. I even have gotten my wife to park her RX 330 far away - 18 months old - no door dings on hers! Something she is really proud of and that her friends think is crazy!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:54 PM
def
Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Auburn '04 530i

you have my sympathy dude. i would want to kill that lady
Old 10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by def' date='Oct 17 2005, 08:54 PM
you have my sympathy dude.? i would want to kill that lady
[snapback]185478[/snapback]

Dude, what the hell is going on with your avatar? Not that I don't like it...
Old 10-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Oct 17 2005, 09:29 PM
[quote name='def' date='Oct 17 2005, 08:54 PM']you have my sympathy dude.? i would want to kill that lady
[snapback]185478[/snapback]

Dude, what the hell is going on with your avatar? Not that I don't like it...
[snapback]185484[/snapback]
[/quote]

????yeah, WTF!!!!! LMAO!!!

Quick Reply: Damn ... somethings you can't protect..